March Madness Final Four

I've still got three of my final four (no UConn), but only five of my elite eight. And I lost have of the sweet sixteen, so . . .

I'm dead, Wake went out in the 2nd round :mischief:
And BC lost too
Go OK State :) Bring home a title for Eddie

I'm rooting for Oklahoma state to beat both Arizona and Illinois. They might do it but now I'm worried that Louisville is too hot. I had Louisville losing to OSU and the way things are Louisville could beat anyone.

Louisville over Washington. The seeds have corrected themselves, although I don't see Louisville going all the way.

blindside said:
I'm worried that Louisville is too hot.

There hot at the right time, the #1 seeded team, #1 in end season polls or # 1 in preseason polls almost NEVER wins. Last year uconn was a # 2 seed, Syracuse wasn't even rank to start the season before that.

pawpaw said:
There hot at the right time, the #1 seeded team, #1 in end season polls or # 1 in preseason polls almost NEVER wins. Last year uconn was a # 2 seed, Syracuse wasn't even rank to start the season before that.
True. Basketball is also quite random (especially college bball). Since there are only 5 players at a time one man can totally change the game. So even good teams can lose if the opponent has one really hot player. This doesn't happen in football because there are so many players, its more of a team game.

pawpaw said:
Well Duke let me down tonite--very poor effort :(
Concerning my bracket it made no difference since I'm pretty much screwed now that OSU it out. Atleast I won't be last place in my pool.

Still I'm happy Duke lost. I hate Duke like the rest of the country and it gives me pleasure to see them lose and not get the calls in their favor. It was hilarious because Williams got the ball in and then went back out and for once Duke didn't get the call in their favor. I can't wait till Tuesday to go laugh at my classmate who's going to Duke next year.

I thought everyone was saying the Big Ten was down this year. How'd they get three teams in the Leet 8?

Still got 5 (Arizona, Illinois, UNC, Kentucky & Wisconsin) left in my Elite 8 - with Ariz & UNC from my Final 4.

pawpaw said:
Well Duke let me down tonite--very poor effort :(
Despite what Roy is doing with my Heels, I think Mike is Coach of the Year this season. Granted, he's got some very talented players, but not many. To accomplish what he did with what he had was incredible. I'd have liked to have seen them run a bit longer, but so goes it.

superslug said:
Despite what Roy is doing with my Heels, I think Mike is Coach of the Year this season. Granted, he's got some very talented players, but not many. To accomplish what he did with what he had was incredible. I'd have liked to have seen them run a bit longer, but so goes it.

all in all I can't complain
picked 4th or 5th in ACC--finished 3rd
won ACC tournement
lucky to be in top 20 ( says pre season expects )--finished #2 in final pre-tournement poll
made sweet 16

watched 1et half of heels/nova--thought heels were following devils & pack :eek: quick note--heels and devils haven't lost on same day in maddness since 1979

ummmm........ said:
The only two teams I've still got alive are my final teams: Illinois and Kentucky.
I only have Louisville and UNC of my final four left. Osu my finals team w/ UNC is out.

denyd said:
Still got 5 (Arizona, Illinois, UNC, Kentucky & Wisconsin) left in my Elite 8 - with Ariz & UNC from my Final 4.

Atta boy denyd!! I think my AZ Wildcats will give the Illini all they can handle tonight by running our 5 guards at their 3. If Frye stays out of trouble we match up really well.

I say I-L-L...O-S-E! My Illini friends completely hate me.
I am going to the game in a few hours. Anyone want anything while I'm there? Other than a Wildcat win.

OK everyone sing along.........

Bear Down Arizona
Bear Down Red and Blue
Bear Down Arizona
Kick the s*** out of A-S-U
Bear Down Arizona
Bear Down Red and Blue
Go! Go! Wildcats Go!
Arizona, Bear Down!

2OT before I find out who Carolina gets next? I can't take this.

Thanks to a major collapses, (Arizona), I'm out. I might still be able to make some money in the pool if the finals are Louisville & Michigan State as no one picked either of them for the Final 4.

interesting that all 4 finalist--carolina, mich. st., illiniois and louisville are not playing exactly great ball. all have struggled in games they shouldn't off, but all have done the march maddness motto:" survive and advance." 10 years from now no one remembers how many points you won your 2nd round game by--just that you were champs.

Top Bottom