Votes: 5 7.5%
  • JosEPh_II

Votes: 8 11.9%
  • Praetyre

Votes: 1 1.5%
  • Epi3b1rD

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
Drama can be a learning experience too. ;) Consistency and diligence though must be adhered to though.
I'm still not in support of strategic suicide being a valid option in a strategy game. lol. But we haven't removed the potential yet have we? I must admit that if I had turned around and immediately attacked Koshling before he rocketed toooo far away from my ability to catch him technologically due to all you'd given him in that fell swoop, I might have been able to stifle him enough, even with his castles in place. I let a few things intimidate me and didn't bother with the attack - also too in that he didn't seem to deserve my attacking him over your choices when he'd been such a valued ally up until that point.

koshling played us both. And did so convincingly too I will add.

And I will reiterate that your in depth knowledge of how all the Promotions work and how they work together gave you a Big leg up over me. Koshling saw me as a buffer to you to give him time. If that meant dealing cards to me as well as you...well he did it with a flair. He did not get hurt from doing so. And I certainly did not want a 2 front war. Now the other player I gave part of my empire to, well he caved fast to your pressure now didn't he. :)

koshling played us both. And did so convincingly too I will add.

And I will reiterate that your in depth knowledge of how all the Promotions work and how they work together gave you a Big leg up over me. Koshling saw me as a buffer to you to give him time. If that meant dealing cards to me as well as you...well he did it with a flair. He did not get hurt from doing so. And I certainly did not want a 2 front war. Now the other player I gave part of my empire to, well he caved fast to your pressure now didn't he. :)
It wasn't just pressure. The only way I could see for either of us to survive was to combine our forces without suffering the setbacks of war to try to build up as fast together as Koshling was thereafter on his own. I don't think it was likely to work because he had such a jumpstart there, but he new it was I take that side of the world he was in command of right away or we work together tightly. I knew the dangers of what could happen if Koshling got that far out ahead - I just did NOT factor in the potential for your move, not that in retrospect I truly blame you. It was retributively rather clever.

I admit, I have done much to figure out the secrets of mastering unit cross-stack protections and the ways to specialize units to their strengths - its not knowledge that comes from C2C but has always applied even stronger here than it even did in vanilla. I wasn't game to take it all up against being out-teched though and had I been more immediately aggressive I may have slowed his role enough to at least grab back a little from the imbalance of power that had been so dramatically introduced.

You may not have realized right away the role that iron was playing in everything - I deeply worried that I was F*d if I couldn't get my own source and the fastest way to that was through you. Obviously being slow to expand was a problem for me as well, as it usually is as I'm preparing as much for war during that segment so that I can be a leg up on being prepared for war than my neighbors when things sinch down - I had a LOT of defensive units hidden and ready for that war and it only took a very small amount of time to suddenly surge with the attack units that would give cause for concern. Usually I find players, especially the AI, make the defenders an afterthought but I made them my first priority so as not to appear like I was prepping for hostilities.

Actually all that was the second game right? The first game here was truly a glorious last round for me at least and I'm sure that's why our friend here rage quit - he couldn't have possibly seen the units gathering against his stacks that came in and shock-decimated him, starting with sending out a huge number of workers to build the roads that had been destroyed that he thought kept his stacks safe from where I was amassing the retaliation force.

That was a HUGE army he lost in that final round and the rounds before much the same had taken place to a large % of his navy. He still had a few spots of real strength left but he could see the writing on the wall after that last round I'm sure. Hundreds and hundreds of units died on both sides of the fence that day and in the end he lost about a third of his strength overall and while I sacrificed a LOT to get there, I had LOT left to keep carrying through the attack from there.

Last edited:
That was a HUGE army he lost in that final round and the rounds before much the same had taken place to a large % of his navy. He still had a few spots of real strength left but he could see the writing on the wall after that last round I'm sure. Hundreds and hundreds of units died on both sides of the fence that day and in the end he lost about a third of his strength overall and while I sacrificed a LOT to get there, I had LOT left to keep carrying through the attack from there.
This is a distinct probabilty for his leaving. But because of where he lived there was rioting going on and gangs raging thru the streets. He told me he had been robbed at knife point about a week before he disappeared from the game. We PM's often.

This is a distinct probabilty for his leaving. But because of where he lived there was rioting going on and gangs raging thru the streets. He told me he had been robbed at knife point about a week before he disappeared from the game. We PM's often.
Yeah he did say he was having some serious RL issues. Poor guy. Hopefully things have improved for him there.

Hopefully....

Top Bottom