Master of the Hunt Warband

Provolution

Sage of Quatronia
Master of the Hunt Warband

This will be the Master of the Hunt Warband thread.

This subgame will practice strict mutual exclusivity of decision-making. If you are with the scouts, you cannot influence what takes place in the cities etc, but need to rely on other players doing that. I will of course be privy to the same limitations as long as we are on the outside of city borders.

Violation of location exclusivity would lead to the in-game death of the Warband character and thus removal from the Warband. Members of the warband are welcome to discuss and possibly vote over where to scout as well as voting over possible promotions for the warband. Another rule is that after each turnchat, we vote over which surviving members of the warband that should return to the capital and tell the tall tales of the warband. The messenger will be removed from the warband rooster as he/she tells his/her tale. The Master of the Hunt is exempt from this vote.

Sign Ups are here (all in-character names), players are allowed to sign only as long as we stay within the city cultural borders by the end of the turnchat. This means that we realistically have a week to fill the Warband up.

WARBAND ROSTER

Prochon, Master of the Hunt (Provolution)
Timus, the Protector (Methos)
Gaiyut, the Tracker (Kwarriorpoet)
Blastoid the Geographer, (Blastoidstalker)
Civius the Steward, (Lord Civius)

Timus listens to the Master of the Hunt as he looks out past this settlement. Somewhere out there are the rest of his people. This tribe does not appear to want his aid, so he sees no reason to stay. Out there are former members of his tribe, prisoners and slaves. They need him, though he knows not where they are. He glances back at the Master of the Hunt and notes he still speaks to the crowds. Timus was unsure about him, but his plans for scouts may be of some benefit to locating his imprisoned tribe. It was too dangerous on his own.

The decision didn't take long to reach, he turned and strode towards the Master of the Hunt.

"I will join your warband."

Good one, Timus, you are in :) You are of course free to comment most OOC, but from this point, Timus is part of the Warband as a character, so we get the proper attention to the exploration of our lands.

Warband (Our scouting Warrior)

Prochon, Master of the Hunt
Timus, the Protector

I bless you oh warband discovers and protectors. Shall your journey be both fruitful and enlightening.

Gaiyut comes to Prochon and Timus with his right fist pressed to the left side of his chest. Sirs, I am an excellent tracker and woodsman. I am an expert at finding water and dealing with the animals in these parts. I offer you my services as a faithful scout and member of your warband.

Gaiyut come over here, and sign on this pigskin over here with your X mark, thank you :)

Gaiyut is hereby part of the Warband going up north!

Tank you, Prochon and Timus, may our travels be adventurous and profitable :)

The blastoid has grown tired of the squabiling and petty childish remarks of his fellow citizens. He yearns for unspoilt forest and new wonders to behold. As the Geographer of our civilization I wish to accompany these brave group of warriors and hunters on there journey, to map and study the land we find.

Blastoid the Geographer, you are hereby part of the Warband going up north! Welcome :)

A question;
After one sent to speak to the tribe has told his story, can he return to the warband?

yes, he can return back later to the next planned warband, as we intend to send out another warband.

Hence the reason of my creation of multiple characters. Once the warband heads out, we are effectively out of the loop (politics) until the warband returns. Therefore I've created Tel to play out the factions and left Timus for what's more in his field.

Something to consider for the rest of you.

Yes, this roleplay option is for history and narrative as well as some "democracy", not for controlling players by removing them from the game. I got 2-3 characters too.

I can always create a new one at home to fill a role as well. I want to keep things simple for myself in the role playing part. just 1 character and see him develope. I plan to dissapear in the role playing part but continue activity in metagame.

Once Animal Husbandry is reached we can train ravens to send messages back and forth to civilization. Giving us some short of communication.

I am the Geographer. I intend to be at the edges of civilization

Civius approches his fellow Warlord club slung over his back. "As Steward of the Faction I have exceptional skills in counting gold...." The Master of the Hunt glances at Civius' extra large club. "...and 'the Negotiator' will ensure a hefty tribute from any tribes we encounter."

Civius, you are of course in, old brother of Warlords! :)

Yes, this roleplay option is for history and narrative as well as some "democracy", not for controlling players by removing them from the game. I got 2-3 characters too.

Oh, and just as I was going to commend you for implementing the "donsig" approach to realism. We had talked about doing exactly what your first post implied, which was you can't influence movements of a unit by being with it, and influence events back home too.

But if it's really just a RP device then that's fine too. :)

Top Bottom