Medieval Arabian Camel Archer (May 31, 2008)

Looks very nice.

Friggin awesome!

Hey Sandris, could you be persuaded to make an ancient biblical-ish (Midianites) version as well? Simple white cloth, no head-gear, a beard, etc.

Bravo! Bravo! :clap:
Hey Sandris, could you be persuaded to make an ancient biblical-ish (Midianites) version as well? Simple white cloth, no head-gear, a beard, etc.
x2! I've got an Osprey pic for reference if you want it, Sandris. It would be wonderful to replace the Steph-converted unit I'm currently using.

Man, you rule! I hereby nominate this unit for the "Best Psychedelic Unit Award". :trophy: ;)

Best,

Oz
I'm very uneducated about the unit making process, but I've been wondering for a long time how the several "RYB" units posted would look in game. Which are the civ colors, for example?

So, where is it ? :)
Ahah! I get the hint. ;)

Painting by Angus McBride, in Terence Wise, Ancient Armies of the Middle East (Oxford: Osprey, 1981), plate H.
"Based on a relief from Ashurbanipal's palace at Nineveh, portraying the king's wars against the Arabs. The Arabs, unarmoured and equipped with only the simple bow, were easily crushed by the heavily armoured Assyrians with their iron weapons and composite bows. Arab infantry were similarly dressed and equipped, and are shown in the reliefs being overwhelmed by Assyrian heavy infantry and auxiliary archers." --Ibid., p. 40

Thanks!

And yeah, Assyrians rule. Or, at least they did between, say, 934 and 609 BC! ;) Scary SOBs.

Top Bottom