Metis Civilization Request

Vanilla Feline

Chieftain
Hey, I hope this is an approved type of forum. If not, please let me know and I will remove and post in the appropriate place.

I was hoping someone could make a modded Civ for the Metis Nation, as well as adding a true start location in YNAEMP.

A brief history of the Metis is that they are a unique race and culture born of and preserved by the Canadian Fur Trade. They are one of the three recognized aboriginal groups in Canada, the other two being Inuit and First Nations (Indians, ie. Cree, Mowhawk, Ojibwa). The Metis are a mix of typically Ojibwa or Cree First Nations and French or Scottish, not typically being accepted by any of the nations that created them, often referring to them as "Mixed Bloods". They played an important role in the fur trade as intermediates between the Canadian East and the uncharted, aboriginal West. They were expert fur trappers and hunters, and also supplied food for trading outposts. In the 1800s, Louis Riel, an educated Metis man, led a rebellion against the Canadian government when they began surveying land the Metis felt was theirs. He is the reason the Metis people are a recognized group in Canada, and is considered a Canadain Hero by many, as he also helped preserve French and Catholic identity in Canada.

A rough idea for the unique's would be:

UA: Children of the Fur Trade
Trade Routes to own cities provide +1 Gold, trade routes to foreign cities provide +1 production +1 food, +2 culture after military science is unlocked

UU: Buffalo Hunter
Calvary replacement, built in 50% of time if a source of cattle or buffalo resource nearby. Gains culture when killing more advanced units.

UU: Voyaguer
Replaces great merchant. Has a combat ability and can move like a scout.

Any changes could be made for balance, this was just my initial thought. Thanks!

Top Bottom