Midnight Release?

JakeCourtney

Villain
I'm going to assume that even if Gamestop did a midnight release or if you were able to snag a copy of the game at midnight on the 20th that the game would still be unplayable until it unlocked later in the day?

i'm going to assume that even if gamestop did a midnight release or if you were able to snag a copy of the game at midnight on the 20th that the game would still be unplayable until it unlocked later in the day?

10am edt.

Because Stone Cold said so.

And ontopic, 2K preventing the game from being playable before a certain time and date does make sence for then. If the game can't be accessed before you're supposed to gian access, that means that people can't download it, thereby reducing piracy. A tough but a neccesarry evil.

My guess is they don't want to unlock in the middle of the night just because they don't want to have something go wrong and then have to call a bunch of people into the office, but I agree it should be unlocked at midnight :)

Because Stone Cold said so.

And ontopic, 2K preventing the game from being playable before a certain time and date does make sence for then. If the game can't be accessed before you're supposed to gian access, that means that people can't download it, thereby reducing piracy. A tough but a neccesarry evil.

Reducing my need to actually buy the game. I'll probably just wait for a demo before buying now.

They did say that if anyone knows of a midnight release to -please- let them know. So perhaps if such things existed, they'd change their plans.

I also view the game unlocking Tues. Morning as an evil blessing though. If it did unlock at midnight I would have a very hard time functioning at work Tuesday. I'm not one that takes a day off for games as that normally backfires on me and then I have to do things around the house, pay attention to the kids or something else like that, so I likely wouldn't be playing much until the evening anyway.

If the release date is 21 september at 10am why should they release before that?

Because you want to play it a midnight? I want to play this game right now but the release date is in 1 day and 17 hours so I'll wait... that's how it works for all game.

If the release date is 21 september at 10am why should they release before that?

Because you want to play it a midnight? I want to play this game right now but the release date is in 1 day and 17 hours so I'll wait... that's how it works for all game.

Because that's how it works for every other game and they are only doing it to prevent pirates from getting it early.

I would play it if it had a midnight release. Maybe not for long, but just the knowledge that it works would make that Tuesday at work go a lot faster rather than me sitting at work wondering...

Top Bottom