MilarNES II: Civilizations of the World

Sorry I've been busy, any way my orders have sent now.

Yellow Feathered Owl checked his back-pack again to be sure of its contents. He counted out 10 Pelts of Antelope, 15 Blades of Obsidion: including one for himself- 20 carved stones and 5 Quezcoatl figurenes. He repacked his backpack and took a deep breath, then crossed the border into Maya.

As soon as he meet the first village, he paid 2 Carved Gems and an Obsidian blade for a scout, then later he stopped at a hunting camp for the night.

He took out his figurines and polished them. A villager asked his scout a question and the scout relayed it to him. "What god is that? With feahters and scales, it couldn't be a Spirit of the Mountain or one of the Desert. What is it?" Yellow Feathered Owl smiled and said, "This is Quezcoatl, the Feathered Serpent, who had, with his brothers, helped the Great Spirit create the world and had formed our land of desert and jungle. He is the one who greated the birds and the lizards. And he left our lands to discover marvels across the sea. He is our god."

The villager listened, then nodded. The Scout relaied back, "I shall want to see this figure and place it in my altar. The feathered serpent seems like a kind and helpful god."

Yellow-feathered owl smiled and handed over a polished figureine. He took his Recording Codex and drew a Feathered Serpent on one side in exchange for five whistles and a strong of mica.

One Planting Season Later

Yellow Feathered Owl handed the documentation for the sale of five figurines to an official, then took away five baskets of corn... He laughed in his mind, in trade, everybody wins.

Tale of the Wanalu: Part 1 200-250 AB

A caravan arriving inland from the coast reaches the small town of Wanayu. 2 man walked up to it. One was dressed in a warm blue shirt reaching the ankles, the other shirtless, carrying a box full of money.

'What tribe are you from' asked the shirtless guy.
'We come from the north, along the coast' answered the leader of the caravan. 'We come with goods from a ship from the prosperous lands up north that lost it's way to our land'

'they call themselves the magins'
'mayans?' corrected the well dressed man.
'yes, anyway, we have this and ooh these!' the caravan man threw a sac of balls to the man.
'and these are???'
'they call them beans. You can plant them and grow more of them'
'to eat?'
'yes, yes.'

'how much' asked the shirtless man.

As the two bargained for a price, the other guy walked away disgruntled to his wooden house and jumped on his hammock decorated with jewels. The other guy came running back to him with the box in his hands and the sac of beans hanging from his mouth.

'What's wrong? we harvest the end of this Jari (a period of 6 days). We can began planting these next Jari!'

'what's the point?' he snarled back. 'those people up north are superior to us. They'll send boats down here any jari plunder us for what we have, send us back with them as slaves and settle down with their own people and destroy what's left of us.' After a moment of silence, his friend answered,

'And what can we do? You my friend are just the descendant of the first people to come and settle this village, nothing compared to the great leaders to possibly ruling those lands up north'

'why is it that they were chosen by our gods to be the great ones and not us? What is stopping us from becoming a great land like them?'

'well for starters we are only a big village, they have big towns and several of them most likely'.

'... So if we were several big towns we will be as strong as them? Why don't we become several big towns? We could unite the other villages nearby and become strong!'

'that's a longshot. Do you really think they'll just give up their independence to be ruled by you?'

'assemble the supplies, if they don't want to join us, well we have warriors don't we?

'i don't think it's a good idea master'

'do it! I want to be known as great Sawalu of the Wanalu!'

'yes master'

throughout the day, supplies were gathered and the warriors assembled, they began traveling at an hour before the sun set and made camp. The next day, they entered the first village before noon. Seeing the half a legion amount of warriors scared the villagers, and they joint Sawalu in his cause. It was the same story for the next jara, and the jara's after that, then they then stumbled upon another leading Wanalu village controlling the far Western Wanalu lands. It was the first time force was used, and Sawalu won the battle and found his calling as a general. They marched straight to the next leading village in the northern territories of the andes but this time after hearing the fate of the last big village, they gave in not wanting to lose any souls.

Sawalu returned to his town and set up his own sons as leaders of the two other villages. The Wanalu were now a centralized people with the capital at Wanayu. The rest of the year was interesting and somewhat disorganized but the next year brought organized harvests. (4 harvests a year) the next few years brought more and more neighboring wanalu villages into the state, the construction of a whole new town set to be ruled by Sawalu's now of age(14 years :p) youngest son. Population density raised greatly and trade routes with the neighboring tribes were developed. Wanalu became known as the trade center of the whole area (as in northern south america).

But Sawalu was not happy yet. He's friend asked, 'You know have control over all of the Wanalu, what's wrong?'

He answered, ' It is still not enough, we are still nothing compared to the great lands up north.'

'What do you suggest to do than?'

'We need to become bigger. Send the army down the mountains and hills of the andes. Send them to the flat land to the east and south and to the forest and coast of the north. We will then send the poorest of our already tight towns to become the pioneers of these territory. We will settle down those lands and control the coasts!'

Preparations were made to do so, but Sawalu fell to a serious illness stopping the expansion. His oldest son, Sawalu II became the ruler of the Wanalu (and his son taking control of the town he ruled beforehand) and continued his fathers plans for expansion.

The natives of the surrounding area were disorganized and ununited and fell quickly to the Wanalu army. The army conquered everything in it's path and eventually found it's way to the coast. The natives of the area became slaves and were sent to build the new towns in the area along with the poor of the Wanalu. The natives all assimilated to the new empire. Things looked good for the Wanalu's future from this point in time.

To Utul
From Tototl

Sure

OK, deadline has been reached. It's not bad to see that most of you have sent those orders in, although I've missed a couple that were somewhat important.

@D'Art: the Taino can't trade with you until both of you have Sailing.

Hmmm, I tought the deadline was set at August 17?

Yikes, you are right! Sorry for that, guys. You still have 21 more hours before the deadline is reached. I'm missing the orders for Khambat (I can NPC you if you want, Abaddon), Maternite Marsi, Nation of Aruhn, Sessentia (which will be NPCed) and Nation of Prisma.

Also, who is the one who decides on the tags for each thread? Cause the ones chosen for this NES are quite interesting.

Anyone can add tags.
The OP can add 5, anyone else 2.
A max of 20 per thread.

Two of these are mine.

Sorry I can't get orders to you tonight (just finished a week where i nearly worked 100 hours!) but I might be able to tomorro eve, if not possible to wait.

Establishing trade links is THE most important thing.
Expansion is irrelevant
Project advancement is also desired.
Full tech funding with whats left.

:/

I thought of a dilemma, if a north america civ get's animal husbandry, what animal will it domesticate? The only domesticated animal was Dogs, which weren't used for eating, and llamas who arrived after being introduced from Incan heartland by Europeans.

I assume there are pigs and sheep and stuff that somehow made it's way to North America for game balance issues right? ;)

I thought of a dilemma, if a north america civ get's animal husbandry, what animal will it domesticate? The only domesticated animal was Dogs, which weren't used for eating, and llamas who arrived after being introduced from Incan heartland by Europeans.

I assume there are pigs and sheep and stuff that somehow made it's way to North America for game balance issues right? ;)

Mesoamerica had turkeys.

Husbandry doesn't necessarily mean you ride the animal, it means that and/or domesticating animals for food. If you didn't know, turkeys are delicious. Mmmmmmmmm.

Husbandry doesn't necessarily mean you ride the animal, it means that and/or domesticating animals for food. If you didn't know, turkeys are delicious. Mmmmmmmmm.

The point is, North America should have a disadvantage to Eurasians when they meet, because domesticated mammals transfer most of them nasty diseases to humans, which humasn then spread to other humans who have not had the disease before.

It was the reason the Native Americans of the Americas dropped like fly's to diseases brought by Europeans, while Europeans didn't have to deal with much diseases from encountering the indians.

I guess that should just be ignored for gaming purposes though. :p

Top Bottom