Military Department Disscution: The Iroq Battle Plans

Originally posted by Shaitan
The only way to cancel an MPP is to violate it by declaring war on your MPP ally.

Hmm, well I would not cancel it if the Tready is <20 turns old.

hmm, I Think this is kind of sad. 1 week without discussion. We now have Infantry and artillery, and the bulk of our army is stuck in our newly captured cities. Where's the update? How will we even get our artillery and rifles that are stacked by Ur to these cities in time without the rails that were SUPPOSED to be built? We were planning on doing this in 6 more turns. Any more delay risks coming face to face with infantry. Then we can only HOPE we get to Motorized Transportation first! And only HOPE we have all or most of the oil in this world.

This is my suggested plan, taking into consideration the quickest route, AND not attacking over rivers. The blue lines are where there are rails, and where there SHOULD be rails.

Yeah, the mail server isn't worker either. I didn't get the mail notification when you posted.

Chieftess, could you send the copy of the map you have posted so that I can anylize. I am in the Chat room (Both IRC and MSN IM) you can just DDC it to me :). Since if the File Server is down, so are the E-mail tabs in this forums are not working.

Edit: Never min, I can see the map now :).

@Ct - Hmm, I like the plan :D. Let me make my map and use the arrows you have used :). I also to Do not attack across the river also.

I have done preliminary research on the prospects for an immediate attack on the Iroquois and find them quite good, in fact far better than I had anticipated. As the next Turn Chat begins with Fanatika holding the initiative (moving), we can take full advantage of the precious few turns available to us before the Iroquois start deploying modern infantry units in defense of their cities.

:borg: 1) General deployment – The unfortunate distribution of our military, which several of us have critiqued this past week, actually work in our favor if we turn our attention to the Iroquois. Only a fraction of our unit strength is committed to Babylonia, and these are, for the most part, veteran regiments with obsolete weapons.

:borg: 2) We currently have a hundred infantry units spread across Fanatika, mostly in cities part of our rail network. A number of rifle-armed regiments are already in Babylon, and are adequately equipped for dealing with the remaining offensive power of the Babylonian military.

:borg: 3) Only about 5 of our 34 cavalry units are more than two movements away from the Iroquois cities that need to be assaulted immediately to prevent their defenses being upgraded with infantry garrisons. Some 25 are available to be deployed for combat on the first two seasons of the campaign.

:borg: 4) Almost all of our modern artillery has not been deployed to the Babylonian front and can be deployed by railroad to bombard vulnerable Iroquois cities on the second season of the war. The various batteries of older guns already in Babylon are fully adequate to press the offensive there until they can be reinforced or modernized.

:borg: 5) There is a pressing need to upgrade our LOC (Line of Communications) net in Babylon and around the fringes of the Iroquois empire. Approximately 2 dozen Fanatikan worker battalions need to be released for this purpose by the Governors and approximately the same number of infantry regiments should be assigned to protect them. The threat posed to our workers by Babylonian and Iroquois forces is minimal, predictable, and should be easily warded.

:borg: 6) Of the five outlying Iroquois cities most threatening to Fanatikan interests, four (Suo, Nagoya, Osaka, and Rostov) are within one tile of our rail network at some point. They can be contained on the first turn of our campaign by infantry, then assaulted by artillery, cavalry, and infantry on the second turn. All should fall without great loss to us. The fifth city, Minsk, can be isolated on the first turn of the campaign and assaulted by forces moving west from Osaka as soon as that city falls.

:borg: 7) We can anticipate some offensive action from the Iroquois heartland territories in the open seasons of the war, but can divert most of it by breaching the Iroquois border in the opening season of the war at several points with powerful infantry corps. These penetrations should absorb or distract all of the Iroquois reserves and could be readily reinforced by strong reinforcements after our initial objectives are obtained.

:borg: 8) The operations I’ve described would require approximately 24 artillery, 24 cavalry, and 30 infantry in the opening operations of the campaigns and thus can easily be conducted by the forces available in the Fanatika homeland, without interfering with ongoing operations in Babylon.

I would appreciate any comments on this plan of action, particularly its diplomatic consequences and considerations.

Yrs.

[Langrave Feodor Ardent of Quellewasser
Deputy Minister for Military Affairs
Colonel General of the Fanatiker-Heer
Major General of Volunteers
Master Emeritas of the Guilds Textile

Looks Good, But Go easy with the Smilies Feodor

CivGeneral starts to get his campaing gear ready

*Grumble*I never get any "Looks Good" comments*Grumble*

Hmm, Thanks Shaitan (Takes note of the ":p" Smilie)

Anyway. I am going to work on some improved battleplans for the Iroquois war using Chieftess's Plans. Feodor, you should do an assesment of the Southern end of the Iroq War.

Feodor, this is a wonderful plan for the very beginning of the war. But what comes after? Do we connect each conquered cities to the railroad ASAP to continue on the same scheme?

Also, will we apply this as a leitmotiv in the *final* destruction of both Babylon and Russia?

So much questions, so little answers, do I need some sort of treatment?

We shouldn't even neglect our southern front when the war starts. Infact, that's where all the cavalry will be coming from.

Originally posted by CivGeneral
Looks Good, But Go easy with the Smilies Feodor

Boss, ain't NONE of them little grey boogers actually SMILING . . .

Feodor

Originally posted by CivGeneral
Hmm, Thanks Shaitan (Takes note of the ":p" Smilie)

Anyway. I am going to work on some improved battleplans for the Iroquois war using Chieftess's Plans. Feodor, you should do an assesment of the Southern end of the Iroq War.
Working on that tonight, hopefully.

Originally posted by Fier Canadien
Feodor, this is a wonderful plan for the very beginning of the war. But what comes after? Do we connect each conquered cities to the railroad ASAP to continue on the same scheme?
I never fight a war a war WITHOUT extending my road/rail network as I go. If you don't keep you LOC up the conflicts drag on forever.

Originally posted by Feodor Ardent

Boss, ain't NONE of them little grey boogers actually SMILING . . .

Feodor

Im just saying go easy with them since remember you had problems with them before :). You said that it had to do with the Smilies and Images. All I said was Go easy on them and the Post will post with no problem :).

Originally posted by Feodor Ardent
I never fight a war a war WITHOUT extending my road/rail network as I go. If you don't keep you LOC up the conflicts drag on forever.

Thanks for the later plan explanation.

So, if I understand well, we bring in infantry and artillery to "reduce" the treat of the city and, when we conquer it, we bring in our railroad in 1 turn, and so on 'til the end of the world?

Shall we dominate from sea to sea?

Shall we dominate from sea to sea?
That would appear to be the goal of this particular game. A domination victory.

Overall, if we can take out the Iro and Babs before they can generate a lot of infantry, an easy domination victory will be within in our reach after we get Panzers. We would need only sweep a corridor around the eastern shore of the inland sea, cripple each opposing power as we go, without waiting to completly conquer any of them, and the victory should be in hand.

The key, I would say, is attacking the Iroquois immediately so we do not get bogged down blasting infantry units out of their cities. But with the TC coming up in only 22 hours, there may not be enough time to take a vote.

Feodor
(Feverishly working over a drafting table covered with maps, with compass, straightedge, abacus, and railroad timetables scattered about.)

Why are we going after the Iroquois when we have Babylon on the run? The Babylonians are still a cultural threat and we risk losing the cities we worked so hard to gain if we let up now. We should try to make the best of the next 6 turns and try to take at least 4 more cities from Babylon, including the capital.

I am thinking Ur, Babylon, Ellipi and Akkad. That should hopefully tip the cultural scales in our favor. I wouldn't consider taking on the Iroquois until these objectives are met.

Also, keep in mind that the Iroquois cities we are most interested in(Suo, Nagoya etc.) have no access to Rubber, and therefore would not be able to produce Infantry. Once we declare war we would cut off any access to that resource for those those cities, making them just as easy to take.

Top Bottom