Military Unit Upkeep

BJ Joey

Chieftain
On quite a few of the different civics one of the benefits/downfalls is the free military unit upkeep. It will normally be followed by a certain number of gold (i.e. 150 gold). Could somebody tell me exactly what this refers to as I have looked around and cannot find any easily understood information?

Is this the amount of gold that I am receiving or is this the limit of the amount of gold that I am allowed to spend on my military upkeep?

This may sound like a very silly question and I'm sure that it is. Unfortunately as absolutely incredibly amazing as this game is, information and guides to help one through the more technical aspects of this game are very scarce.

On quite a few of the different civics one of the benefits/downfalls is the free military unit upkeep. It will normally be followed by a certain number of gold (i.e. 150 gold). Could somebody tell me exactly what this refers to as I have looked around and cannot find any easily understood information?

Is this the amount of gold that I am receiving or is this the limit of the amount of gold that I am allowed to spend on my military upkeep?

This may sound like a very silly question and I'm sure that it is. Unfortunately as absolutely incredibly amazing as this game is, information and guides to help one through the more technical aspects of this game are very scarce.

It's how much gold you would save.

Free unit upkeep has been changed to gold saved rather than number of units due to the ability of the mod to combine or split units into larger or smaller entities. In essence with the old unit expenditure system you could cheat by simply combining your units into ever larger units so as to reduce total unit upkeep by having less overall units but greater combat power.

Top Bottom