Mini Mafia: Experimental - Arab Spring [In Play]

spaceman should not have been lynched! :mad:

Also I'm so freaking sick of being mafia in every small game.

It was because consecutive posts weren't counted for anything, not even votes, apparently. Otherwise your vote for spaceman would have enabled his omgus vote for you and you would have been lynched.

I feel like the game, which was an intresting concept, was marred by a couple of things:

1: The consecutive posts rule, along with the untested tiebreaking mechanic, both of which ended up deciding more than the lynch rules which were supposed to be under the microscope

2: The fact that host commentary could not be quoted, even though none of the rules were affected by this. Quoting the rules is often needed for clarifying purposes.

3: The fact that mafia were not given a phase to decide which rule would apply, and instead made this decision in the pre-midday part of the day

I feel like the game, which was an intresting concept, was marred by a couple of things:

1: The consecutive posts rule, along with the untested tiebreaking mechanic, both of which ended up deciding more than the lynch rules which were supposed to be under the microscope

Could have been used to your advantage. I debated with myself to point it out to you guys but decided that if I did that I would have to tell town as well.

2: The fact that host commentary could not be quoted, even though none of the rules were affected by this. Quoting the rules is often needed for clarifying purposes.

The rules could have been. for example if my tally had been quoted then the names on the tally could count as votes. Clarification can always be done privately.

3: The fact that mafia were not given a phase to decide which rule would apply, and instead made this decision in the pre-midday part of the day

Yip, I was unhappy that it was this way but let it slide. Being able to make your rule choice halfway through the day, gave mafia enormous advantage. As visor said having a night would be beneficial all round.

- - -

Knowing what you know now - how differently would you have played it?

I would certainly have been more careful to say everything in one post, while I normally make a post, then make a lot of consecutive ones as corrections come to mind. Also, I think we should have saved the OMGUS rule for the phase right before the last one, and the Zack rule for the last one, and used the consecutive votes rule on the day when we used the OMGUS rule. OMGUS and Zack were the most USA-friendly rules.

Also, total freedom for making up rules would have ended badly. We could simply have done the following:

Day 1: Only Zack Can vote

Day 2: Only Zack and person lynched D1 can vote

Day 3: Only Zack and person lynched D2 can vote

and so on...

Freeform rules make it too easy to find exploits. In other words, in a world of total FREEDOM, Murica wins! [pimp]

I mentioned how weird this game was in the Stats thread, so people who played this- are the strange mechanics a reason to not count this?

Needed to use Zack vote rule, otherwise I would've been lynched.

By using it then, you sealed your fate on the next (last) day.

Even today, using the smily rule (a subpotimal rule which is fairly easy for the town to guess), you almost survived, even though everyone knew you were the last mafia. At that point, there may have been more less doubt about it than today.

I maintain that we should have kept the Zack rule until we reached 2 vs. 1, then used it to ensure victory.

I mentioned how weird this game was in the Stats thread, so people who played this- are the strange mechanics a reason to not count this?

I feel like both sides did have a shot at winning (honestly we got very unlucky with Jarrema's early death). The game did have a lot of wierdness though, especially the lack of a nightkill. Are any other games which didn't have nightkills listed in stats? If so, then this one should also be listed. If not, IDK

By using it then, you sealed your fate on the next (last) day.

Even today, using the smily rule (a subpotimal rule which is fairly easy for the town to guess), you almost survived, even though everyone knew you were the last mafia. At that point, there may have been more less doubt about it than today.

I maintain that we should have kept the Zack rule until we reached 2 vs. 1, then used it to ensure victory.
There were 2 votes against me and the only other people weren't active. I would have died without using that rule.

Top Bottom