Minor Leaders as Major Leaders in Fall From Heaven

I did try to install it-- along with the latest version of Flavourmod 2. Unhappily, while FM seems to work fine, I think that the Minor Leaders mod isn't. Don't see any minor leaders at the Custom Game set up screen, so I assume the mod is not running. Guess I'll wait for the next release!

I seriously wonder where Notque went. Hyborem hasnt spawned yet, despite their being a MULTITUDE of AV nations, and I guess the Mercurian Minors were discarded as well. Still, AI=Dangerous in this game. Its smart, and it knows how to accurately perform naval invasions. Very, VERY devastating, but also very, very fun.

That could be true. Still, I really hope he doesnt abandon this mod, even if it has to take a backseat to FF.

Hmm, I'll try re-installing the mod, see if that works. If not, maybe something from your mod overwrote it. In which case, could you please upload your changes?

Well, The mod's install has it set to copy the FfH folder, so I can have 0.41a and 0.40z at the same time. I'll grab FF, and I'm assuming I also need to grab FFPlus, if I want your changes?

Yep. It will install to a separate folder, so you'll actually have access to all of the mods. :lol:

Taking a look through all the new features, I noticed the addition of Minor Mercurian Leaders. Were these custom, as Magister Cultuum and I had a rather large flavor debate some seven or eight pages back in this thread about them, and if not, where did you find them?

I am available again after a long hiatus. Will be interesting to see if any of the stuff I wrote for this will still be useful at all where things stand now.

I need to take a look at the current install of the game, and play a few games. See where things are, and what I may need to do with them.

I also heard other mods are using some of the additions in here. Which ones?

Thanks.

Orbis was the first to merge it, believe that was done when you were still here.

RifE was next, and has probably done the most to change it.. Still done the same in python, but leaders have a new 'Leader Status' field, similar to alignment, which determines how they work. We've also split Minor into Minor and Emergent, with Minor being generally the same as Major leaders (for now) and Emergent having a strong trait (typically unique) and able to gain more, as in your mod. LeaderStatus is also displayed graphically in the scoreboard.

WildMana has also incorporated it, though I think Sephi went with the Emergent name... Python is the same as in here, no Leader Status tag.

I believe that all three mods have game options blocking Minor Leaders (Or Minor+Emergent) from spawning, or blocking Major leaders from spawning.

Pretty sure that's it, though I may be wrong. :lol:

Edit: Though I don't think any of the mods are using minor leaders for Infernals/Mercurians.

That's pretty neat. Glad that's there's still a lot of use in it.

I don't even remember where I stopped exactly. A lot to get into and relearn.

I guess start with Fall From Heaven where ever it's at currently, and get an idea of where things exist.

Thanks. It's interesting seeing your ideas after development for awhile.

Top Bottom