Mobilization question

Spoonwood

Grand Philosopher
I've never really used mobilization so far as I can recall. I just turned it on in a Sid conquest game I have going on, *after* I finished the Pentagon. Can you still build the miltaristic trio of the Heroic Epic, Military Academy, and Pentagon while mobilized? I would doubt you get the extra shield per square already producing one if you can. Can anyone confirm this? I also noticed I don't get the extra shield for artillery type units.

Thinking about it there's a simple way to think about mobilization. If you've already had a GA (and going for a conquest/domination victory), mobilization gives you another GA for towns producing units. No wonder why the AI ALWAYS researches Nationalism first in the industrial age.

I think the reason they research Nat is so they can draft (rifles may be a factor as well).

Mobilization for me is helpful in some circumstances. I don't like to use it if I'm fighting a war across two continents, me on one side, India, Persia, Sumeria on the other in my most recent game. The one thing I don't like is you can't turn it off until peace is declared.

One option is to use it when you're at peace, then you can turn it off as soon as you want by declaring war with someone. I'd recommend just declaring war on a far away minor opponent you don't really intend to attack; just make sure they don't have powerful friends near you!

I've never really used mobilization so far as I can recall. I just turned it on in a Sid conquest game I have going on, *after* I finished the Pentagon. Can you still build the miltaristic trio of the Heroic Epic, Military Academy, and Pentagon while mobilized?

Yes, you can; you can also build SS Parts (but not the Apollo Program).

Playing a game right now and I find I can build The Military Academy while mobilized, but cannot build The Heroic Epic (while mobilized).

Top Bottom