MOD bugs - or bugs that appear in Modding

estrongblade

Epaulette Inspector
Att. Moderators - perhaps you can direct this thread to a more appropriate setting - I looked for about an hour and could not find anything related to this problem. Read on for details, as I believe there may be a separate need here from the normal game bug...

I have been working on a personal MOD, we'll call it Mod1. I have made use of many different techniques over time, all of them gleaned from the pages of CfC and Storm over Civ sites, mostly CfC. I have come across 2-3 bugs that have started in Mod1. Here they are listed:

1) Upon starting up a saved game in Mod1 (after initial start and save), instead of beginning over the capitol in normal mode, it begins zoomed out. This causes you to have to zoom in and center each time you begin where you left off. Any suggestions as to what might cause this?

2) When Mod1 is reloaded, the new screen reboots half zoomed mode and half normal mode. To restore to full normal, you must go to map and rezoom as though the whole map was zoomed out. I believe this is related to '1' above.

3) On the science screen, the bottom buttons that allow one to go to the next (or previous) era(s) are cut in half and reversed upon each other - as though the oval of the button has been chopped in half and the bottom half placed at top with the top half placed at bottom - the actual lettering is not affected. Any ideas on how to correct this?

These are all bugs that are related to a Mod, rather than a simple game bug. My question to the Moderators is this:

Can we have a topic for answering the questions that surround these types of bugs which is separate from 'normal' bug questions? Just askin'. Cya! :)

Hmm, I'm no moderator, but I can say that I have never had these problems, but that doesn't say that I have never had any problems with my mod, which I named Gme (typo that stuck).

My list is:

1) Multiple times, the game just could not load; an error box (of the Windows kind), saying that 'conquests.exe' has stopped working. This is for all forms of the game, previous saves and new games included.

2) I've had this happen when I import a large portion of another mod into mine, or if it is a mod created on another computer.

3) The same error message happened when I made a custom 'Music' .txt file for my mod, the first song played fine, both times, but when it changed to the second song, it stopped working.

4) When something goes wrong with the game, like a missing file, I go back to the editor and if I scroll through the 'improvements and wonders' section, the first building icon will be set on every building that I scroll through, causing me to have to redo all of them.

3) The same error message happened when I made a custom 'Music' .txt file for my mod, the first song played fine, both times, but when it changed to the second song, it stopped working.

Custom music can be a pain. Keep in mind that all the files have to be civ-compatible format. Check out one of the game's music files to see what this is.

Also would be a good idea to check out other mods with working soundtracks. I think I would start with maybe AoI, or Final Fantasy.

Custom music can be a pain. Keep in mind that all the files have to be civ-compatible format. Check out one of the game's music files to see what this is.

Also would be a good idea to check out other mods with working soundtracks. I think I would start with maybe AoI, or Final Fantasy.

The music is from Civ4. The first song is from Civ4, but the second does not work.

Well I have no idea what the specs are for Civ 4 but the songs have to have the Civ 3 specs so conversion may be necessary.

.mp3's work perfectly, but the .wav files only give a static sound. Which is really annoying, considering the quality and quantity

The music is from Civ4. The first song is from Civ4, but the second does not work.
This happens when I try to mod music into my mod too. Only, the really weird thing was, it played the first song twice, then stopped, and when I changed the first song, it played the new first song only once!
Are there any sound specs needed for Civ III?
Because no matter which mp3 I put first, it always seems to work, just falls appart when it tries to go to the next track.

So, how can I change my music files to those specifications?

Top Bottom