Mod Component Request Thread

Hi ; I'd like to know if it's possible to see a mod to "convert" cities we just created or conquered into new-city states ; It would be (I think) a great idea. You know, to sometimes create a border or simply to securise somewhere without being there "personnaly" :D I don't know if you understand clearly the thing but... I would love it :D

Nope impossible. Adding city-states that never existed is currently not possible.

Adding city-states that never existed is currently not possible.

While strictly true, the same effect can be achieved by adding additional City States to those configured (eg 16 states for standard map size, set it to 32 by code during the pre-game), killing the extra CS settlers (16 in this example) as the map initialises and then resurrect them to create the "new" city states from the unwanted cities

Then; maybe it would be possible to create a new "type" of city which looks like a city-state :D and then get the option to turn basic-cities into this new type :B
it just could be cities with a different color, 2-3 armies and unusable by the player. Clicking on those towns would propose different options like "declare war", etc.

whoward69, any chance you can create a "UI - Overview Unimproved Tiles" mod that shows/highlights only tiles (within my border (if possible)) not improved? I tried to copy & hack up something based on OverlayResources.lua & OverlayLuxuries.lua but failed :/

When I have a huge Civ, I find it hard to locate which tiles I am yet to improve.

Including only city workable tiles would also be nice (as well as luxuries/resources outside city workable range).

Hah, this escalated from a easy request to something complex quite fast!

EDIT: Or even cooler, highlight when a worker is selected.

Hi all. Got a mod request.

Now I'm playing Super Power Modpack - Total Conversion Mod. It's got two great features: (1) loosing one population per two dead military units and (2) settlers cost population by building it. Why don't we combine this two, so military units cost population by building, not dying? For every unit class should be different costs: infantry - 0.5 pop; cavalry/tanks/archers - 0.3 pop, so one pop per two-three units; airunits - 0.2-0.1 pop; ships - 1-2 pops (carriers or battleships are actual swimming cities). And so on. Every city above 3 pops should randomly pay its tribute to the war effort. By this we won't have an army we can't support by population growth. I tried to do it myself, but I suck at LUA and Civ5 programming =(

Would really appreciate if you'd do this. Thanks in advance :)

I think a fun mod component to try would be removing roads and replacing them with where Caravans go, like in Civ 6.

Might be too much work, but it would be fun to try this out and get a feel for how it goes. Would also need to have the AI work internal traderoutes to get roads up, so maybe it's all together too complicated, and we're just waiting for Civ 6, but thought I'd say it out loud.

Is there is possible to create the mod who redesign month increment system from turn-based next turn -> next year, to tech-based next tech -> next year?
What i mean. It's really hard(maybe even impossible) configure month increment to learn "future tech" in our time. Perhaps, there is some way to add new years from learning tech? Like:
Ancient era tech + 150 years for each tech
Classical era tech + 100 years for each tech
Information era tech + a few years for each tech
and future era tech + maybe normal turn-based system, or leave information era "few years for each tech"

@whoward69, ty for all your mods :)

2 ideas which would be nice.

a) For workers, when set to auto-improve, customizable "permitted/not-permitted" actions (using a gui similar to https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=220250184). ie. repairs on/off, road building on/off, do not improve (marsh/forest/etc). For example. this mod could be used to set workers to only repair when on auto-improve.

b) Using a similar interface, enabling auto-decline to other civs when they propose specific trade deals. ie For every trade deal where they want one of my cities, auto-decline regardless of what they are offering (unless its one of their cities?). I'm sick of civs, almost every turn wanting to five me almost nothing for one of my cities.

sorry if such mod already exists but i didnt find it to make all unique units and availiable to any civ and to allow cities to work infinite amount of tiles or rings

Some ideas, if everybody havent leave civ 5 for civ 6... (maybe some have been said i havent read all the threads )

Workers can sit(work) on an improved tile to increase its yield
Workers can turn to militia when in war ( must be activated before it gets attack or it just gets capture ) could be available with Honor policy
Improvement: training ground; unit standing (training) on it for a complete turn gets xp
Trade routes to other civilizations who has a luxury you dont already have gives 1 happiness.
A remake of Great Heroes mod, including admirals with correct attack animations and era evolution
I would split most of ressources, like unstead of gem , have diamonds, rubys, saphir, emeralds, unstad of fish, have tuna, salmon, shark, trout (only in lakes) , different timbers, oak, maple, pine ebony

Last edited:
A mod that converts unhappy cities into a civilization randomly chosen from the civ selection screen that isn't in the game.

Kinda like how America used to be British, then turned into, well, America.

A mod that changes the demand tribute formula so that the maximum pressure from total army size (not counting presence nearby) is 150 rather than 75.

Alternatively, have the pressure from total army size be based on your strength, strength city state's army, and strength of anyone protecting them, with no absolute cap.

Basically, if you have a large enough army, you ought to be able to demand tribute without being close by - this is not currently the case, since whomever has the strongest army gets only +75 and the minimum you need to bully them is +110.

Long story short, the most powerful empire should be able to bully without sending troops. Smaller armies should have to be on their doorstep.

[Also, if setting the max from total military from 75 to 150 can be done with a simple XML edit, just let me know what line to change, and I'll do that myself]

Last edited:
I'm wanting to make a new unique improvement for a custom civ. If I made the wireframe/textures in blender, could someone convert them into the requisite art asset files?

Or just do it all? lol

I'm trying to make a Kofun improvement

I need a mod where I can toggle on/off all the icons in the map. When I zoom out the map becomes a mess, not only because of the "Carpet of Doom" icons but also because of the city icons. It's very hard to get the whole picture of your civilization.

I've seen in another thread a mod that disables unit icons, but I simply have no clue of how to implement it. It's a zip file with a few files and I don't know where to put them.

If someone can help I would be very grateful.

Top Bottom