Mod Component Request Thread

Thanks Whoward, as always, your DLL is great, but...

I was trying to write a code taking as model others I use but none of those functions has technology between their arguments, I'm a bit confused... any help would be appreciated...

I think a more spies one would be nice. I looked around Steam and didn't find one BNW compatible, so if anyone here could point me to one that'd be great.

We have a altered spy system, with a lot more of spies for everyone, also spies will be avaible in the medieval era.
But i need to warn you Community Call to Power is a total conversation and very complex.

Follow my signatur if you are interested.;)

Thanks Whoward, as always, your DLL is great, but...

I was trying to write a code taking as model others I use but none of those functions has technology between their arguments, I'm a bit confused... any help would be appreciated...

You'll need to use Lua and standard event processing, something along the lines of

Code:
GameEvents.PlayerCanBuild.Add(function(iPlayer, _, _, _, iBuild) 
  if (iBuild == GameInfoTypes.BUILD_WHATEVER) then
    -- if iPlayer has the tech that makes the build/improvement obsolete, return false
  end

return true
end)

Is it possible or is there already a mod that enables you to take a holy city and the religion with it's benefits from the previous owner? If you haven't found one yet.

sorry if it's wrong thread!

The Colonization Tech, and the Parliament building is added.

When the colonization tech is reached (after Astronomy) any new settlements are colonies. Cities even taken over can be given the the option to be a colony.

The Colony works like it being puppet, except you can override it's option to build soldiers when at war. They also give you more happiness, but unrest will rise if not taken cared of, due to them handing over luxury items to their fullest happiness.

Parliament reduces their unhappiness and within 25 turns, they are recognized as either (and it is an option) autonomous city-state, or an annexed city.

Thanks for listening!

Remove city bombardment: Cities should not be able to attack with no military inside them.

Nothing really serious, just something that keeps bugging me, speed of mechanized units. Tanks move at 5, cavalry at 4, yet mechanized infantry and mobile SAM move at pitful 3, while mobile artillery at pathetic 2.
Bringing their speed to 4 for sake of actual combined arms would be noticible improvement, at least for me ;-)

Hello I'd like to ask for a Prize ship promotion on all naval melee units because the fact that you can't hijack ships even though you have plenty of men on your decks is bugging me out.

Thanks in advance

Hi!

I would love a component that increases both the number of civilizations above 22, and the map size. I have found something about the first point (but not for BNW), and none for the second issue.

Hey guys, how you all doing? Could any of you do this little, tiny, micro mod for your old pal Makenshi?

Lumber Mills give -1 food +2 production, instead of +1 production.

Much appreciated, you nice hobbitses. ;)

Do modders actually check this thread? Or is it a containment thread?

Either way: I am currently learning the basics of modding so I can create this mod for myself, but it is slow going and it will be awhile before I can create anything close to publishable, so I came here in the hope that some modder out there with more experience than me might find what I am trying to do interesting

Basically, I like Civilization gameplay in a pre-gunpowder world, and have heavily modded my game so that it never advances past the medieval age while still unlocking many of the game features. My goal here is to bring some of the medievaly-feeling (and, historically, medieval and High medieval) Renaissance Unique Units to the medieval age, such as the Winged Hussar and Tercio, to increase the pool of Civilizations to pick from for an interesting game. So, if this interests you, please, do go ahead with it, there IS an audience for it (me, basically!) and it WILL be appreciated :)

In the meantime, I will continue learning the modding skillset of Civ V!

I've got an idea for a really simple mod. Basically it allows military city states to build there unique units, that's it nothing else. I'm aware I could probably do this own my own, but considering the fact that I'm having trouble trying to add a new components for a civilization on ModBuddy. It's not coming out any time soon.

I've got an idea for a really simple mod. Basically it allows military city states to build there unique units, that's it nothing else. I'm aware I could probably do this own my own, but considering the fact that I'm having trouble trying to add a new components for a civilization on ModBuddy. It's not coming out any time soon.
Either this makes no sense, or you're going to have to explain this better. Through the whole game they can only build one type of unit? Or only gift one type of unit? Either way, how would you deal with prerequisites? If their unit was e.g., the panzer, either they have panzers in the ancient era or they have no units at all...

Either this makes no sense, or you're going to have to explain this better. Through the whole game they can only build one type of unit? Or only gift one type of unit? Either way, how would you deal with prerequisites? If their unit was e.g., the panzer, either they have panzers in the ancient era or they have no units at all...

So it seems as if I haven't made myself clear. Ok so what happens is if a military city state has a unique unit, (which the always do). Say the ballista, like Rome the ballista replaces the catapult and instead of that city state building catapults, they build ballistas. They can still gift the unique unit, but now they can also build it. Just makes more sense in my own mind, if you know the secrets to building something why wouldn't you build it? Especially if it is a military invention.

So it seems as if I haven't made myself clear. Ok so what happens is if a military city state has a unique unit, (which the always do). Say the ballista, like Rome the ballista replaces the catapult and instead of that city state building catapults, they build ballistas. They can still gift the unique unit, but now they can also build it. Just makes more sense in my own mind, if you know the secrets to building something why wouldn't you build it? Especially if it is a military invention.
He wants a mod that lets militaristic city-states build their unique units respectively to their 'secret' gift to civilizations, so a city-state that has the 'secrets' of the longbowman implies that the city-state can also construct the longbowman themselves.

My theory is with "dummy" units to avoid any external mod conflict that modifies preexisting units and then we can test using two LUA functions:
Code:
Player.CanTrain (If we can detect if this player is a city-state and militaristic)
or
Code:
City.CanTrain (If we can detect the city's name that is)

He wants a mod that lets militaristic city-states build their unique units respectively to their 'secret' gift to civilizations, so a city-state that has the 'secrets' of the longbowman implies that the city-state can also construct the longbowman themselves.

My theory is with "dummy" units to avoid any external mod conflict that modifies preexisting units and then we can test using two LUA functions:
Code:
Player.CanTrain (If we can detect if this player is a city-state and militaristic)
or
Code:
City.CanTrain (If we can detect the city's name that is)

Ah good you understand what I'm trying to say. This is the second time someone told me to use a 'dummy' while modding. I'll check if these codes work tomorrow, I've got to go to bed.

Coliseum as wonder instead of building. The building can
Be replaced by Arena and Circus Maximum can be kept as it is now.

I am not sure if this has already been requested (I didn't see it in this thread) or not, but is it possible to have a mod that would allow military aid to allies. Something other than declaring war on a nation that has gone to war with someone you've declared a "declaration of friendship".

Like how we currently can gift city states a unit; maybe something along those lines. Right now all we can do is place a unit inside a nations territory in-order to gift it, but that can be troublesome if you don’t have any units remotely close to that nation’s borders.

It’d be nice if also it could be implemented that the nation needing your help will request units from you, as a clue to you that they're not doing well in the conflict. Perhaps depending on how well your diplomatic relations is with them, this will allow you to provide up to two military units in aid per turn!?!? I don’t know the complexity of coding something like this so please forgive me if I’m asking a lot.

Thank you to all of you that continue to place mods in the community that provides some freshness to this franchise, it’s most appreciated!

Hi ; I'd like to know if it's possible to see a mod to "convert" cities we just created or conquered into new-city states ; It would be (I think) a great idea. You know, to sometimes create a border or simply to securise somewhere without being there "personnaly" :D I don't know if you understand clearly the thing but... I would love it :D

Top Bottom