Mod Component Requests Thread

Hi Folks, I search a function/modcomp that restricts professions, units and buildings for different era's. Hence I'd like to define for buildings and professions/units only to be build, acquired or used in specific eras.

Is that possible? I have already searched in the complete modding forum but could not find such function/modcomp.

Help is appreciated, Thanks a lot!

hello lambs and piglets. more of a general question really - i'm about to test a civics mod that has many of the options generating <iCivicPercentAnger> rather than just one . . . has anyone tried it before and will it create a problem for the game?

request someone make mod to disable global warming... I don't know what i am doing, trying to figure it out though
hi boss - there's a file called globaldefines in the main xml directory. i'm pretty sure it's in there somewhere last time i fooled around with it (changing the terrain created by gw to coast - fun but didn't look good). the xml guide http://civilization.wikia.com/wiki/XML/Documentation/GlobalDefines.xml will help you find which bit does it. i *think* it can be switched off.

Is there already a mod created, that has altered all navy/ship units (movement range, unit transport capacity, etc.)? Or if not, is anyone interested in creating this? Thank you.

i'd like a mod that disables tech trade but allows extortion under thread of force of techs. also, giving techs to the vassals should still be working. and in a perfect world, this mod would work with the k-mod.

@Civicus If you're willing to get your hands dirty with the SDK it shouldn't be that hard. This is what I would do: Do a search for all uses of isOption(GAMEOPTION_NO_TECH_TRADING), then make exceptions for vassals and extortion in CvPlayer::canTradeItem and CvPlayer::updateTradeList

hm.. thx for the reply. I'll look into it, just downloaded the sdk, but it does sound too complicated for someone as simple as me.

Hi I have looked a lot for some extra units but the only time I find them the links are expired/dead. I am primarily interested in a land transport unit for infantry foot soldiers. Perhaps a transport truck that can hold 2 infantry and have 2 movement points. Defenseless like a worker, yet if it is destroyed with troops inside they survive but take damage similar to intercepted paratroopers. A helicopter transport would also work since it is essentially a ground transport still. Any help at all would be very appreciated :3

Hello. I need to add obsolete technology to this code. Can anyone do this for me, please?
Thank you.

Code:
        if iImprovement == gc.getInfoTypeForString("IMPROVEMENT_WORKSHOP"):
            pPlot = CyMap().plot(iX, iY)
            pPlayer = gc.getPlayer(pPlot.getOwner())
            if pPlayer.getBuildingClassCount(gc.getInfoTypeForString("BUILDINGCLASS_FIRECIRCLE_TOWER")) == 1:
                pPlot.setImprovementType(gc.getInfoTypeForString("IMPROVEMENT_ALCHEMIST"))

Code:
    def onImprovementBuilt(self, argsList):
        'Improvement Built'
        iImprovement, iX, iY = argsList
## Alchemist´s tower Start ##
        b_BUILDING_TOWER = gc.getInfoTypeForString("BUILDING_FIRECIRCLE_TOWER")
        obsoleteTech = gc.getBuildingInfo(b_BUILDING_TOWER).getObsoleteTech()
            if pPlayer.getBuildingClassCount(gc.getInfoTypeForString("BUILDINGCLASS_FIRECIRCLE_TOWER")) == 1:
## Alchemist´s tower End ##
Hello. It seems that all programmers have disappeared. I tried this code but it doesn't work. With obsolete technology the code continues to work. Can anyone advise please?

Perhaps you need to actually add some code to revert the Alchemist into a Workshop manually upon discovery of the obsoleting tech?

The Alchemy Workshop is a bonus for the civilization that built the Fire tower. The real problem is that I have a system that allows you to build a specific building in a city that has in fat cross workshop.

However, a civilization that built a tower can never build this specific building, because the unstoppable code turns every workshop into an alchemyworkshop.

You could use this code. The reason why your code didn't work is because you didn't add a check if the civ has the obsoleteTech. I added this check to your code and cleaned it up a bit. ("and not gc.getTeam(pPlayer.getTeam()).isHasTech(obsoleteTech)")

Code:
    def onImprovementBuilt(self, argsList):
        'Improvement Built'
        iImprovement, iX, iY = argsList

## Alchemist´s tower Start ##
            b_BUILDING_TOWER = gc.getInfoTypeForString("BUILDING_FIRECIRCLE_TOWER")
            obsoleteTech = gc.getBuildingInfo(b_BUILDING_TOWER).getObsoleteTech()
            if pPlayer.getBuildingClassCount(gc.getInfoTypeForString("BUILDINGCLASS_FIRECIRCLE_TOWER")) > 0 and not gc.getTeam(pPlayer.getTeam()).isHasTech(obsoleteTech):
## Alchemist´s tower End ##

Is there a mod that shows the player expanded demographic and statistical data? I love being able to see everything in depth. For example, total population over time? Total production per city?

Hello everyone. I've been optimizing my mod lately and now it's python's turn. Unfortunately, this is not my cup of coffee and I need advice or help.
First of all, I have this table.
Can you please advise what to do with this?

I'm afraid there will be more of those tables :(

python01TAB.jpg

Thanks, Hroch

I am trying to make a mod in which Spain gets 5 conquistadors and 2 Galleons when they Discover Astronomy, I tried to make it an Event but it Doesn't work!
I would really appreciate any kind of help! Thank You

I havent been on this site in a long time, just reinstalled BTS... I've been looking for a little while, I want a way to prevent troops from moving on top of other troops even friendly, the same as Civ3. I also wouldn't mind the ability to move inside other civs borders and get the threat of war... Does such a mod exist?

Top Bottom