[MOD]Dawn of a New Era

Hello @Arrowgrab,

You could write your post there, but in this thread it is working too.

Hello, M07,

Thanks for the speedy reply. Turns out you were right, I was trying to build something that required tools I didn't have in stock. Strange, I wold have sworn stockades don't need it, but maybe I'm mixing it up with DOS Colonization. Changing it to something else allowed proper production. Sorry for the false alarm, and thanks for this great mod!

Let me ask a newbie question while we're at it. In the newest version (5.40 AFAIK), how does one give territorial influence to other factions? When I got to the second or third era, I got a message saying I can cede land to other nations or tribes to make them happy, and now I'd like to cede some of my land to a nearby native settlement which I've fully surrounded, so they'll have some tiles to farm and fish.

Problem is, I can't figure out how to actually do it. The Territorial Influence button at the top brings up a tool where I can mark tiles with a black shade (I guess to select the tiles I want to gift), but then what? There's nothing else I can do with that tool, opening diplomatic communications with the relevant chief doesn't give me any relevant options, and I can't think of anything else. Can't find anything in the Pedia, either.

EDIT: Okay, so after some experimentation, I guess what that tool does is let you just unilaterally give up some of your territory after the end of the turn, and nearby factions will just appreciate it, I guess. Did I get that right?

It's a lovely mod, and I'm thoroughly enjoying exploring it.

Last edited:
It is absolutely correct. This feature is not really intuitive I do agree. But It was for me a mandatory feature when we want to manage our borders.
Sometimes, I use it when I want to continue the trade with some Natives or when I want to let some territories to one of my friends.
It is really useful.

Thanks again for the feedback.

Top Bottom