[MOD] Fall from Heaven II

Dont use the shortcut to load the mod, load it normally. The shortcut assumes the mod is in the normal place and cant find it when its installed by steam.

Hello fellow civvers. I recently purchased the Civ iv package from steam this xmas and have been playing it quite a bit. Now I've been lurking for a while in these forums to check on juicy stuff like Sis's ALC and war academy and I happened to stumble upon this wonderful mod everyone seems to be talking about.

Now question to Kael :D. I quoted you from Sakiness' question that the FFH mod does not show in "Beyond the Sword Content". I think I installed it properly. I even followed the instructions. You said to install it in "H:\Program Files\Steam\steamapps\common\sid meier's civilization iv beyond the sword\Beyond the Sword\Mods\Fall from Heaven 2" now why can't i access it? Much thanks and I can't wait to play this thing.

Quick Question:
I've just started playing this mod and was wondering if things were balanced for MP... some things seem a bit unbalanced at first glance but I may find myself to be wrong after some more experience with the game. IE: Balsaraphs (SP?)'s hero, Loki, is amazingly powerful... I walked into a city and converted it in 1 turn. It seemed like I could do that to all the AI's expansions.

Look in "Play a Mod" in the advanced menu. The Beyond the Sword content is only for official mods/scenarios that shipped with the game.

thanks much for the reply :D looks good so far...

Quick Question:
I've just started playing this mod and was wondering if things were balanced for MP... some things seem a bit unbalanced at first glance but I may find myself to be wrong after some more experience with the game. IE: Balsaraphs (SP?)'s hero, Loki, is amazingly powerful... I walked into a city and converted it in 1 turn. It seemed like I could do that to all the AI's expansions.
You'll get a diplomacy penalty if you do that, and if you do that to a human they'll almost certainly declare war on you immediately, at which point you can't enter their cities anymore. It is still a powerful tactic.
This game is... mostly balanced for multiplayer. I think it's reasonable to say that you will all have a good time, but some civs are easier to play than others, and they get their power at different times, so if you get one player well matched to their play style and another not, it could be a lopsided game.

Anyways, if anything seems too far out of whack to you, make a post and we'll either tell you how to counter it or consider changing it. We do consider multiplayer a vital part of the game.

simple question:
When's the next version coming out? :)
I need a new hit you see
Well, the current version is considered the final version, but there are still going to be changes via patches, such as the new dwarven models in patch o that Kael linked above.

just stopped in to get the new patch ...

was having a problem with game lag when playing a huge marathon game that I started with patch M but I abandoned it and am having no problems with the subsequent seed ...

I've also noticed that I can't cast Valor on my Beast units ... intentional ? ... if so I think giving at least the Werewolves Valor isn't overpowering them too much ... and Hill Giants too, by the time you can cast Valor Hill Giants aren't the great deciders they were when you built PotN ... just a thought ...

I also had a problem casting Valor on a Mimic who had 50+ promotions, he had flying, magic immune, invisible as well as a whole host of others ... did he become super-human and beyond valor ?

and yeah, the diplomacy penalty for Loki disrupting a city is a doosie ... -4 per city, cumulative ... I remember when I learned that -40 vs. Faeryl ... not an easy obstacle to overcome ...

edit: yeah never mind about the super-human Mimic ... magic immune, I even typed it out ...

Hi,

great stuff :)

I got an adventurer and he went up in EXP's but I was not able to upgrade till the moment I changed him to an axeman - is this normal?

Hill Gigants (on a Hill with wood) did quickly even against Orks??

kind regards

Ron

Hi! I researched the "Runes of Kilmorph" religion, but didn't get it as state-religion when it was finished! I play as Luchuirp.

NOTE: The Khazad researched the religion first... could that be the problem?

If you don't research it first, you don't get the holy city, but you do get a disciple which you can use to spread the religion with in any city.

Hi all -
I'm wondering if any mods from other creators will work with FFH2. Such as other resources?

Theocrat
Theocrat, it takes some work, but you can load any resources established in another "mod" into FfH (and most assuredly other units though I haven't tried -- my wife is against me adding marines to FfH for some reason :lol:). My wife loves making maps in WorldBuilder and wanted more resource with which to work.

I have added several from the "Rise of Mankind" game -- coffee, hemp (i.e. cannabis), lemons, salt, sulphur, etc. I also added stone from the standard game and linked some of the Wonders and other buldings to it as a boost (still retaining those that get boosted from marble). I also changed "gunpowder" to "coal" (linked the sulphur to the gunpowder units) and added a boost to the forge if coal is available (though with an offset loss of health!!).

The way that Civ 4 is established, being driven by the "xml" files, makes it fairly easy and straightforward to make modifications (as long as you don't need to create new artwork which is way beyond my level of ability). If you look at the XMLs you'll find that they are pretty easy to understand well marked. You just need to figure out which XML controls what property (i.e. resources, units, civilizations, leaders, etc.). Just be aware that if you add ANY class to an existing XML, it WILL break existing games.

If you want some instructions on how to add new resources, I'm guessing that there are documents already available somewhere in the Civ 4 world (or ask and I'll try to help).

The only problem I have (and requested assistance on an earlier post) is that I haven't figured out how to fix the resource icons in the "city" screen -- all my new resources show as various "mana" icons. All other occurrences show correctly. For example, "salt" is showing up as "meta mana" though, when you hover over it with your mouse, it does show as "salt". So... The "city" screen recognizes the correct resource and places it in the correct "resource" column (general, health/food, luxury), it just doesn't show the correct icon for it.

If ANYONE knows how to correct the "city" screen icons, I would greatly appreciate the help.

Hello,
I'm having a pair of problems....
First, i can't build Mana Nodes.... it happens in Maps and also in scenarios... now, i'm playing the Doviello's Scenario, 2° part, and Ilians are building Mana Nodes but i can't do it. I can't explain how it's possible, we're a team so we have the same technologies and all, but they can build Mana Nodes and me no.
Second, always in this scenario, i build a settler, and now i can no more build settlers, i could found only one city....
Solutions? Thanks ^_^

For that you have to modify GameFont.tga, quite possibly the hardest file in the whole game to modify.
While I haven't looked at the file yet, does this file require a special tool to maintain or is it in a format that can be accessed/modified via something like Word Pad?

Thanks.

Hello,
I'm having a pair of problems....
First, i can't build Mana Nodes.... it happens in Maps and also in scenarios... now, i'm playing the Doviello's Scenario, 2° part, and Ilians are building Mana Nodes but i can't do it. I can't explain how it's possible, we're a team so we have the same technologies and all, but they can build Mana Nodes and me no.
Second, always in this scenario, i build a settler, and now i can no more build settlers, i could found only one city....
Solutions? Thanks ^_^

mana nodes are built with arcane units like adepts, mages etc. , NOT with workers. you need to have Alteration or Necromancy or Divination or Elementalism tech.

Hi, love the mod. I decided to revisit Civ 4 with your brilliant mod and was blown away. But there seem to be a strange thing going on with my vid card 8600GT on Huge map setting. I will try to determine whether it's the map size that's causing my graphic to have a neon red meltdown (literally everything went red on screen), sometimes it'll freeze and the only option is to reset the PC. Sometimes it's a soft crash and I can close Civ 4 and system will recover. It won't last 3 turns before this occurs. This is odd considering I can play standard or large maps for a few hours straight or just played Left 4 Dead shooter maps over an hour with no issue whatsoever. On mean time I guess I have to consider this Huge map save game to be postponed. I'll try to post the save game later for you to check if you want

I'll try to check if it's Civ 4 exclusive issue or my GFX card is dying, on mean time, thanks for the awesome mod.

Here's the Save game link
http://www.geocities.com/rkjunkmail2002/redcrashtest.zip

[to_xp]Gekko;7650370 said:
mana nodes are built with arcane units like adepts, mages etc. , NOT with workers. you need to have Alteration or Necromancy or Divination or Elementalism tech.

I see, now I understand, Thanks :)

So.. I seriously need one or two good, solid suggestions what to do about the menace of Assassins, or for that matter any other unit that happens to have the Marksman promotion. It can't be that the only sensible way of protecting yourself from them is by having units with the Guardsman promotion, can it? I mean that one requires Combat IV, so that would seem a tad steep considering how easy it is to spam out a bucketload of Assassins.

And it does get a tad.. frustrating.. to see those precious, high-XP units get picked off by some assassin from out of nowhere when they are sitting nice and safely in a city or a stack of other units, licking their wounds. :sad:

PS. Not to mention all those poor Catapults!

Top Bottom