[MOD] Fall from Heaven II

There is a patch k in the works too, but no sign of when it will be released (the changes it is listed as making so far are very minor)

First of all, great job on the mod. Reminds me alot of Disciples II and Forgotten Realms (I used to play the tabletop/pen & paper version). Also, some of the images used on this mod were originally in Icewind Dale II and they are brilliant; add a couple of Disciples images and it will be... astonishing? :)

Anyway, just two questions:

1st - I downloaded FfH 0.30 (20.30), should I download the J patch or is that a patch for previous versions?

2nd - Also, any recommended maps/scenarios for this mod? I find the mod absolutely engrossing, I'm just missing out a good (non-Earth) map so I have to keep on using game-generated Huge maps.

Cheers

I'm a little confused on this one... I am currently playing Faeryl of the Svartalfar. Their civilization has nature mana gifted to them and, to boot, I have an additional nature mana by building the "Leaves" wonder. HOWEVER... In one a couple of cities can I add nature spells to my adepts; in most of them these spells don't show up. I thought it might be the Temple of the Leaves was missing, but in checking my cities almost all have constructed the template.

Can somone tell me what I'm missing here??? Thanks.

Aren't they supposed to get nature one for free if you own 2 nodes of that kind? Maybe they already have treetop and thus you cannot upgrade them until they become mages/wizards and get access to nature 2 instantly (saves you a whole level). That's all I can think of, only they cities that have no access to both nodes (maybe thus to missing trade routes) allow you to promote your adepts (bad).

You mean add the spell sphere promotion, right? The Svartalfar start with 1 nature mana, so you probably have 3 at this point. That means that your adepts should be getting both nature1 and nature2 for free upon construction. However, that only applies to adepts built in cities with access to the mana resource. For spell spheres to be available to an adept that has enough xp to purchase a promotion the normal way you just need to have 1 source available in your capitol city.

Temples of the leaves have nothing to do with adepts. We are talking about adepts here right, not priests of the leaves? Their spells have nothing do do with the mana. Either way, you will need enough xp to purchase the promotions.

You mean add the spell sphere promotion, right? The Svartalfar start with 1 nature mana, so you probably have 3 at this point. That means that your adepts should be getting both nature1 and nature2 for free upon construction. However, that only applies to adepts built in cities with access to the mana resource. For spell spheres to be available to an adept that has enough xp to purchase a promotion the normal way you just need to have 1 source available in your capitol city.

Temples of the leaves have nothing to do with adepts. We are talking about adepts here right, not priests of the leaves? Their spells have nothing do do with the mana. Either way, you will need enough xp to purchase the promotions.
I didn't think so (the temples)... But the Svartalfar SHOULD have mana available in ALL their cities since they really don't need to construct a mana node to obtain it. That's what is confusing me. It doesn't look as if all my cities have access to it for some reason.

From my understanding any mana is a commodity just as clam or wheat, when it comes to game mechanics. So if some of your cities don't have access their available trade routes are maybe busy with other goods, so you can either build markets and inns (and so on) in all of your cities to get access to more goods/mana or you make one city which already has access to the mana and maybe a useful wonder like tower of eyes to your adept producing city. Or maybe if you relocate your capital the one nature mana from your palace will become available to more cities, although the one from the leaves wonder will always stay in that city. Afaik there is no way to actively influence which good is traded within the network, anyone who has a tip there for me would make my day :lol:

From my understanding any mana is a commodity just as clam or wheat, when it comes to game mechanics. So if some of your cities don't have access their available trade routes are maybe busy with other goods, so you can either build markets and inns (and so on) in all of your cities to get access to more goods/mana or you make one city which already has access to the mana and maybe a useful wonder like tower of eyes to your adept producing city. Or maybe if you relocate your capital the one nature mana from your palace will become available to more cities, although the one from the leaves wonder will always stay in that city. Afaik there is no way to actively influence which good is traded within the network, anyone who has a tip there for me would make my day :lol:

Furin, I have NO nature mana nodes to relocate to... All the nature mana I have comes from 1) the civilization and 2) the construction of the "Leaves" wonder. Anyway, the problem seems to be over now so I have no idea of what was going on. However, thanks for your input.

Don't know if this has been reported before, the civilopedia entries for two religions, the Empyrean and The Council of Esus appear empty and without any text besides "text_key_religion_the_empyrean_pedia" and "text_key_religion_council_of_esus_pedia".

I have constructed most of the disciples that I want and would like to switch to the Council of Esus as my religion. While I realize that I'm going to lose at least one hero, I figure that the three Shadow Riders that I'll be able to train will offset it (along with the Esus archers). However, I am concerned about my disciples. Will they continue to gain experience points so that, eventually, I can train Priors and Confessors or will this be lost?

Thanks to anyone that knows the anwer to this question!!

Patch "k" is linked in the first post. it will break save games and it makes the following changes:

1. Added Gender and Plural fields to the text strings for German translation.
2. Fixed the smugglers event popup.
3. Fixed the Murdered Wife event.
4. Fixed a problem that kept the Balseraphs from selecting the Balseraph only option in the Strange Advisor event (thanks Sto!).
5. Fixed Falamar's Pron events.
6. Fixed the Civ specific events (so they won't trigger if that civ isn't in the game).
7. Fixed an OOS caused by the Pron events.
8. Blight won't trigger multiple times anymore.
9. Water Elemental strength reduced from 8 to 6 and given Water Affinity +1.
10. Hellfire won't trigger multiple times anymore.
11. Air Elementals spawn Lightning Elementals in combat.
12. Added the Demonic Tome event.
13. Added the Holy Child event.
14. Added the Sheaim Elegy event.
15. Added the Elohim Hallowing event.
16. Added the Mistforms event (idea by Xienwolf).
17. Added the Flare Entropy Node event.
18. Added the Flare Fire Node event.
19. Added the Flare Life Node event.
20. Added the Flare Nature Node event.
21. Added the Flare Water Node event.
22. Added the Inn to Housing event (idea by Xienwolf).
23. Added the Flare Dimensional Node event.
24. Units that aren't alive won't be effected by fear (like catapults).

Don't know if this has been reported before, the civilopedia entries for two religions, the Empyrean and The Council of Esus appear empty and without any text besides "text_key_religion_the_empyrean_pedia" and "text_key_religion_council_of_esus_pedia".

I believe the modders are focusing on bugs and additions and that kind of stuff at the moment and will worry about the civilopedia later on (especially since it is still changing alot since this is still a work in progress) :)

Furin, I have NO nature mana nodes to relocate to... All the nature mana I have comes from 1) the civilization and 2) the construction of the "Leaves" wonder.

The mana from your civ is generated by your civs palace, so the "location" of that mana is the capital, also the leaves wonder is in the holy city. Anyhow, good that it's fixed now...

The mana from your civ is generated by your civs palace, so the "location" of that mana is the capital, also the leaves wonder is in the holy city. Anyhow, good that it's fixed now...
Dense as I am, I FINALLY got it!!!! It never occurred to me that the manas were associated with specific cities. Thanks Furin!!!

24. Units that aren't alive won't be effected by fear (like catapults).[/QUOTE]

How about another point of view about the above? Catapults are not alive, that's true, but they're operated by beings who ARE. This is kinda like saying mucketeers are immune because muskets aren't alive. :confused:

24. Units that aren't alive won't be effected by fear (like catapults

How about another point of view about the above? Catapults are not alive, that's true, but they're operated by beings who ARE. This is kinda like saying mucketeers are immune because muskets aren't alive. :confused:

I think there are a few items here. First, the units that really aren't alive shouldn't be affected by fear.

I see your point with the catapults -- but the real problem was that they were affected by fear but the spell courage didn't work on them! Clearly, they should either be alive, and subject to fear but impacted by courage, or they aren't alive, and neither works.

My view is to treat them as though they aren't alive. My view is that the catapult is firing at the demon or whatever at long distance, and the fear impact wouldn't be as great. A musket has to get close and the fear more tangible; however, I do understand your opinion and I feel it is simply a matter of preference. Similarly, ships aren't alive.

Clearly, though, they have to be treated consistently. They are either alive or not, and the rules should reflect their status.

Best wishes,

Breunor

Breunor is dead on. We have gone around and around the dead or alive issue on siege weapons and ships. At the end of the day I think its more intuitive to have them as non-living (when I thing about what a casual gamer would expect). But either way is cool with me as long as its consistent.

Top Bottom