[MOD] Fall from Heaven II

I can not seem to rebase a bird, this may have been covered but i can not rebase a hawk to a ranger in the field. I believe i could on the previous version.

So did i install the j patch correctly or is this supposed to be that way.

Thanks for any info, and again, great job on this.....

This is because BtS changed the way you rebase aircraft to aircraft carriers. Most "FfHers" find it a little annoying, but we're not sure how to change it back.

I'm currently playing a large Big and Small world with the Balseraphs as my civilization and I"m finding something extremely mystifying and I'm hoping that someone can explain how my workers are doing it... I haven't yet built the Nexus or even have the technology for obsidian gates. And... yet... All of a sudden I have workers popping up on islands quite far from my main civilization. Needless to say (since this has never happened to me before), this surprises me more than a little.

Anyone know how my workers are accomplishing this? Not that I mind since having more workers building improvements on the islands certainly helps...

Thanks.

Are you sure you didn't just capture them?

Also, are you sure they are workers, and not slaves? Slaves have al the abilities of workers and look the same (at least the human, elven, and dwarven varieties look like workers of the same race), but do not work as quickly. Also, they can be sacrificed to provide a amall amount of production. If the Undercouncil Slave Trade Resolution passes, then thy can also be bought and sold.

Any civ running the slavery civic has a chance to capture any living, non-animal unit as a slave, but the Balseraphs also have a UU (Taskmasters, I think Coutesans may do it too) that can capture them regardless of civics.

Are you sure you didn't just capture them?

Also, are you sure they are workers, and not slaves? Slaves have al the abilities of workers and look the same (at least the human, elven, and dwarven varieties look like workers of the same race), but do not work as quickly. Also, they can be sacrificed to provide a amall amount of production. If the Undercouncil Slave Trade Resolution passes, then thy can also be bought and sold.

Any civ running the slavery civic has a chance to capture any living, non-animal unit as a slave, but the Balseraphs also have a UU (Taskmasters, I think Coutesans may do it too) that can capture them regardless of civics.
I'm positive that they are not slaves since I click on them to give them specific orders. Of course, the Orc workers COULD have been since I captured them when at war with the Clan. However, I'm not sure that slaves have the ability to "jump" to islands any more than normal workers do --- do they?

I'm completely confident that the island city didn't capture them since the workers (both standard and Orcish) were popping up two or three at a time and I'm pretty sure that I would have noticed that city battling barbarians.

This question has undoubtedly been asked before, but what the heck -- I'll ask it again. What is the real impact of "crime" on your city? If my crime rate is 25%, does that mean that 25% of that city's income is going to crime? Or does it have some more nefarious impact?

Thanks.

Are Illians a playable race? There's this Illian only choice for the Obelisk Inscription event, but I'm not able to play Illians. Guess there's some basic knowledge I'm missing about this.

They will be added in the final phase of the game development... this game is far from complete yet :goodjob:

Crime currently has no effect other than random events and the fact that the highest crime city will become the headquarters of the Ratcatchers Guild.

Selecting the Illians is a little odd. In a custom game you cannot select the civ by itself, but you can choose to play as Auric Ulvin. When you don't have unrestricted leaders on then you can play as the illians now. They will be greatly improved in Ice (and I'm boosting them in my modmod)

A question for the designers of FfH... I'm currently playing the Lanun and figured that the Octupus would be a very appropriate state religion. Subsequently, I've been able to produce several krakens that I'm having a LOT of fun with destroying Perpentach's navy. However, many of the promotions available to the krakens APPEAR very inappropriate. For example, there is a city attack promotion and, after trying to attack a city, don't think this is a capability the kraken really have. While strength and first strike are fine, promotions for attacks against melee and archer units don't seem to be appropriate since, I'm guessing, kraken can't really attack either unit type.

Is there something that I'm missing (like, in some cases, kraken CAN attack land units) or do you have something in the works to provide promotions more similar to those available for ships?

Thanks!

A question for the designers of FfH... I'm currently playing the Lanun and figured that the Octupus would be a very appropriate state religion. Subsequently, I've been able to produce several krakens that I'm having a LOT of fun with destroying Perpentach's navy. However, many of the promotions available to the krakens APPEAR very inappropriate. For example, there is a city attack promotion and, after trying to attack a city, don't think this is a capability the kraken really have. While strength and first strike are fine, promotions for attacks against melee and archer units don't seem to be appropriate since, I'm guessing, kraken can't really attack either unit type.

Is there something that I'm missing (like, in some cases, kraken CAN attack land units) or do you have something in the works to provide promotions more similar to those available for ships?

Thanks!

The promotions a a unit can get are always determined by unitcombat. Krakens are unitcombat_beast, just like dragons, a few summons, and the barbarians new heroes (the giant apes and leviathan). Since these are all land units (expect Leviathan), the promotions available to unitcombat_beast are all land promotions. Other water units (sea serpents, giant turtles, etc) are unitcombat_animal, which has fewer available promotions but still land promotions (they can her guerrilla and woodsman)

Of course, Krakens can attack units with water walking. This means that shock and scourge are useful, since drowns, their disciple class upgrades, OO priests, (and mages) have/can get the water walking promotion.

I think that HN krakens actually could attack land units in seaside cities and forts, but I think that was a bug and has been fixed.

I keep getting an event that goes something like the city find pieces of a man and should they reassemble it, sell it for gold, or one other option (I forget what it is). Well... When the game does NOT freeze taking the reassembly option, I get NOTHING from it. Does this event work and, if so, should I be getting some type of unit from it?

Thanks.

I would like to have a few suggestions for this mod:

minor ones:

1. add some events that would enable players (include A.I.) to find some treasures (e.g. a magic sword or magic stone, or some lores that enable players to build units or building that is unique), also some natural disasters included in beyond the sword.

2. why not make the gods more involved in the mod? may be by doing something that please the gods(e.g. by fighting religious war, the gods may help their people by having natural disaster on their enemies)

not so minor:

hippus civ: may be it can have a unique ability to "rent" troops
to other civs for money or other benefits in the diplomacy screen (e.g. two archers in ten turns for 100 golds), showing the promotions of all troops in the screen.
After ten turns, the troops may return to Hippus (diplomacy screen automacally appear to ask whether to continue), the terms in the contract should include the payment in case the Hippus troops rented die in the battlefield

2. I think promotions should be given according to the fighting environment e.g. woodman promotions should not be given if the unit wins a fighting in a desert

3. I think more animals should be in the game and they should be spawn out even inside the countries boundaries. the subdued animals can be join into the subduer to increase the subduer's strength

crazy ideas:

1.units(include the military units) could slip into enemy's territory while not declaring war and no signing of open borders. (like in civ2 in the way that you might not find the enemies unless you move next to them, but unlike civ2 this would also apply inside cultural borders and units can hide in the forest or jungle unknown to enemies even they are at the same tile as their enemies, in this way you can ambush your enemies[get the ambush bonus against them] or even intercept your passing enemies)

to counter this, enemies scouts and hunters can have a chance to find them out in the forest or jungle( higher odds if they are nearer the enemies or it is their homeland or having some promotions) they can sent their animalson foot (including the subdued ones) to pick it out. I think hawks could not see through the forest so it should not be included. Once found, war will be automatically declared.

workers
build watch towers to increase the vision range of soldiers to pick the enemies out in plains, barran hills etc in longer range
set up a bar holding river water and can release it to flood the enemies

soldiers
set up traps (e.g. dig a hole invisible to enemies)

mage (with appropate promotions)
set up fires in forests, jungles and control the wind in order to burn the enemies

tipwong - 90% of things you mentioned already exsist in FfH 2.
Just play more, read FfH forums you will see them.

i've been reading that ffh was developed from an old d&d campaign ( so that's why alignment is in!). i wondered, then, if it would be possible to expand alignment along ad&d lines good-neutral-evil axis, law-neutral-chaos axis, or would it really complicate things?
i'm into my first real ffh2 game, and i have to say that having a hn pet spider is *so* much fun!

Is there a way to increase the likelihood of getting Great Prophets? In the standard BTS game, I seem to get them out the wazoo... But in FfH they are few and far between. I try to construct all the wonders and buildings that, according to their description, increase the odds of getting them to no avail. A few releases ago I managed to occassionally win with the Tower of Lumenore, but I haven't come close lately -- I feel lucky if I get a couple in a single game. Do I need to start micromanaging and put more priests in cities? Would this help?

I'd appreciate any feedback that can be provided. Thanks.

Top Bottom