• Civilization 7 has been announced. For more info please check the forum here .

[MOD] Fall from Heaven II

OK... First off this question is NOT directly related to FfH, but I'm hoping that the FfH "community" might provide an answer since I cannot seem to find what I'm looking for by myself.

Secondly, I really enjoy playing FfH and I think the developers did a wonderful job of putting together an exciting version of Civ 4 (I get bored playing the regular BTS pretty quickly!). However, after playing quite a few games, I'm looking to add a little more "variety" into the equation (yes, I know that the developers are cringing again!!! What the heck is he doing to other great mod?).

I was really into modifying the "Double Your Pleasure" scenario in Civ 3 -- basically turning it into "Triple Your Please". I accomplished this by looking at the "mods" posts almost on a daily basis looking for new buildings and, especially, new units that really looked and acted nice and fit into my version of this scenario. Now I'm looking for some fantasy creates that I might introduce into the game for my wife and my use (since I don't EVER summon griffons -- I simply consider other archmage spells more valuable -- I recently made them available with Animal Training; my wife LOVES them especially with their "flying" ability).

I cannot find a page in Civfanatics that lists mod units though I've been trying for about 1/2 hour. The developers of FfH have many, many great new creatures and I have to figure that someone out there HAS to be doing some mod development for Civ 4 (BTS?) in the fantasy area. In the Civ 3 version there were new, interesting creatures on almost a daily basis and some of these developers were as good (or better!) than the guys at Firaxis (I think the FfH developers are in the same league!!!).

Anyway, after that long, rambling story, does anyone know a link to some pages where developers post their new creations?

Thanks.

Many Fantasyunits aren't posted as stanalone release. To get them all you need to unpack the fpk files coming with the mods. There's a tool from Firaxis posted in the forum that will alow this.
FFH, Warhammer and Dragonia II each should have plenty of stuff to get started with your own fantasy mod.;)

Hi,
Playing latest patch D, I have encountered an annoying issue.
turn 350 don't end.. I finish my stuff and continue to AI but the AI never finished.

Is this is a common issue? can it be something local in my computer?

Pls help, It will be bummer to start a new game and have the same issue.
My save game is attached, just pass couple of turns to get to 350.

Attachments

• AutoSave_AD-0348.CivBeyondSwordSave
    376.1 KB · Views: 46
From what I've seen there are two reasons for the 100xp cap:

1/ Heroes get xp each turn until they reach 100 xp

2/ When fighting barbarians a unit can only increase xp up to 100xp.

In both situations above the unit must engage units of a player / AI civ in order to go beyond the 100xp cap.

Also from what you've said it looks as if you're engaging a lot of barbarians in the early game and reaching 100 xp. Later in the game you goto war with another civ and your units exceed the xp limit when fighting those civ units.

One exception is the Raider trait, which will still give you experience over 100xp for Barbarians.

im sure some people have asked this before but how long would it take to learn to play fall from heaven if i have just been playing civ4 without mods until now?

One exception is the Raider trait, which will still give you experience over 100xp for Barbarians.

I believe another exception would be the Valor spell.

im sure some people have asked this before but how long would it take to learn to play fall from heaven if i have just been playing civ4 without mods until now?

Usually a few weeks if you try it on your own with Civilopedia's help. But I'd suggest to get Xienwolf's manual in my sig; that would at least triple the pace you would learn to play.

Hi,
Playing latest patch D, I have encountered an annoying issue.
turn 350 don't end.. I finish my stuff and continue to AI but the AI never finished.

Is this is a common issue? can it be something local in my computer?

Pls help, It will be bummer to start a new game and have the same issue.
My save game is attached, just pass couple of turns to get to 350.

No endless turn with me. Maybe play again and save just before you hit end turn. As soon you get a loop with such a save on reload that would be valueable.

what is the ideal speed/difficulty to play this mod on?

If you go through the regular create a game function instead of custom does it usually provide a good mix of evil/good/neutral?

Thanks. Next question: what causes blight? Nothing about it in the civilopedia. It happened to me once when fighting the Infernals -- I had cities with -35 health from the Blight! Thankfully it wears off. Cool feature, but what makes it happen? Thanx.

It triggers when the AC first reaches 40.

A similar, but lesser, event can happen at any time when the AC is 40 or more.

Many Fantasyunits aren't posted as stanalone release. To get them all you need to unpack the fpk files coming with the mods. There's a tool from Firaxis posted in the forum that will alow this.
FFH, Warhammer and Dragonia II each should have plenty of stuff to get started with your own fantasy mod.;)
There is no place like in Civ 3 where "modders" post individual units? I always thought that the "mod" post in Civ 3 was great for reviewing and downloading individual units...

Thanks for the response!!!

Is the Warhammer world a working, full-blown mod? Also, does it play at the Civ 4 BTS level?

Thanks.

No endless turn with me. Maybe play again and save just before you hit end turn. As soon you get a loop with such a save on reload that would be valueable.

Thanks, now it's working and I have no idea what has changed except of the day ;) ... actually may be the fact that I restarted my computer.

Where do you download the mod .exe to? Does it automatically unzip to the correct folder/directory? Do you have to create a folder/directory then start the .exe? Is the patch already installed, or, do you have to patch the game after it is installed?

Where do you download the mod .exe to? Does it automatically unzip to the correct folder/directory? Do you have to create a folder/directory then start the .exe? Is the patch already installed, or, do you have to patch the game after it is installed?

It doesn't really matter. It automatically installs it in the right location. Well, things don't work out so nicely if you are using Vista.

Normally it does not include the patches. Sometimes Kael updates the main file to include the patch, but not often. The only time I remember him doing this was with 0.23c, the final version for Civ IV vanilla.

It doesn't really matter. It automatically installs it in the right location.

I'm 99% sure this is wrong.

The installer always installs the folder to the default installed location, and if your BTS isn't installed in that place (e.g. if you installed the game on another hard drive or in another folder) it won't install correctly. In any case, the mod must be installed into your whateverthepathis\Civilization 4\Beyond the Sword\Mods, and, I think, even somewhere else if you installed Civ4 via Valve's Steam service.
You have to install the most recent patch into the same folder as the main mod, too. It isn't included in the main installer right now.

Top Bottom