[MOD] Fall from Heaven II

Ugh, help me out here. The "main file" (DLed from the link in the first post, size 366 megs) is an unrecognizable file type and hence my PC needs to know what program it has to open the file with... I though all PCs could read EXEs?

EDIT: worked out. It needed the .exe added behind. Dunno if this or all PCs or just those as stupid as mine but you might want to add it to the FAQ, Kael. On to FfH2!

Use the other download page if you want to avoid this in the future... btw. if you feel up for it I'll pm you when my friends and myself are havning a FFH2 LAN here in Denmark, don't know how many FFH nerds you know but I know a couple (biggest FFH2 LAN 12 ppl) ;)

you wanna know what is unbalanced?

Kwythellar with the "city of a thousand slums" in it, population galore :lol: :crazyeye:

I'm pretty sure that wonder is useless for them. It does not extend a city out to a fourth ring.

Where is the latest documentation? :confused: Some of the links on the 1st posting are dead. I found a .pdf for an earlier release but it is incomplete and inaccurate (I'd guess from changes made since).

Use the other download page if you want to avoid this in the future... btw. if you feel up for it I'll pm you when my friends and myself are havning a FFH2 LAN here in Denmark, don't know how many FFH nerds you know but I know a couple (biggest FFH2 LAN 12 ppl) ;)

Hehe, that'd be fun. I guess I need some training - and my laptop is too shabby to play Civ4 BtS (and hence, FfH). But other than it sounds nice. Although I'm on the hardest year of my edu so I might not make it :lol: PM me if you are arranging summat, I'll look at it then :)

Btw, this mod is awesome :) Tried it twice, first game I got completely run down by barbs as Khazad, second game currently running, as Liochirp (sp?), only one other good nation and I believe they are adopting an evil religion :(

Hi,
I have to say that from day to day and from version to version I am finding FFH2 to be MAGNIFICENT!
I am around here since almost the beginning of FFH1 and I must say that the graphics are awsom and the AI is getting better and better !!!

One thing annoyed me though - When the Sphener (of AI) seem to cast ressoruction and ressurect Basiom who wasn't as powerfull as the Sphener, it a bit annoyed me as the Sphener seems to be comsumed...

Hi,
Unrelated to my previous comment - it's really annoying to loose arcmages to assasins / shadows all the time, I think arcane units should have higher defensive rating (then regular offensive something like 1/4,2/6) - or some way to avoid being killed so quickly.
It takes a lot of time to such units to get into high levels (especially late in the game - after they are being killed by assasins).

Am I missing something?

er... I think that's the whole point.
Assassins are very dangerous to spellcasters and spellcasters are very precious, so you have to protect them carefully :p

Am I missing something?

Basically assassins attack the unit that is assigned defender last otherwise, so try bringing some warriors or something. Other than that, I believe this is the function of assassins. They are there to counter you from just moving a stack of mages in with a couple of good defenders and rain hell loose from a hilltop.

sorry to interrupt but I've seen the same problem and it's hard to protect ur mages etc with other units cuz they are probably weaker than the mage and mage is first in the stack.

sorry to interrupt but I've seen the same problem and it's hard to protect ur mages etc with other units cuz they are probably weaker than the mage and mage is first in the stack.

as soon as you start getting some resources (copper, iron, mithril) it becomes hard to find weaker unites than the mage... but then again... bring some useless adepts and the asassin will kill them off first, if you still hate asassins killing your mages (which is their job, as stated earlier) play as bannor, the guardsman promotion should help you quite alot in that area.

Thanks you for all the suggestions :)
However, I am still puzzeled and think something is still amiss.
In my last two games the AI had many assasins, it's very hard to calculate the amount of week units I have to put in order to protest the mage/arcmage.
I am have used many Tigers in the city where I lost the arcmage... the arcmage was killed somewere in the middle, and I had some tigers left :confused:

I think the main issue is to how to develop arcmages in late game.

BTW I've got this mod working after hours of depression and anger. Must say it's neaty work! But there's one thing I found irritating: I was playing as Cardith Lorda (can't remember the faction) and I made this some kind of gate wonder and then this (again I can't remember the names) angel faction appears and takes my second biggest city. Duh I had no idea. Ofcourse my income dropped, some of my wonders were gone, I couldn't make all my troops anymore and science level went down horribly. Didn't like that surprice a lot.

So can you guys tell me what wonders should I avoid building if I don't want these über factions taking over my enemy cities I want conquer?

BTW I've got this mod working after hours of depression and anger. Must say it's neaty work! But there's one thing I found irritating: I was playing as Cardith Lorda (can't remember the faction) and I made this some kind of gate wonder and then this (again I can't remember the names) angel faction appears and takes my second biggest city. Duh I had no idea. Ofcourse my income dropped, some of my wonders were gone, I couldn't make all my troops anymore and science level went down horribly. Didn't like that surprice a lot.

So can you guys tell me what wonders should I avoid building if I don't want these über factions taking over my enemy cities I want conquer?

Simple... dont build the mercurian gate.

If you do you get the mercurians on your "team" thereby doubling the research cost since you are now two factions instead of only one... you have a permanent ally but you have double research costs... you decide if it's worth the price to pay.

If you do you get the mercurians on your "team" thereby doubling the research cost since you are now two factions instead of only one... you have a permanent ally but you have double research costs... you decide if it's worth the price to pay.
Its a 50% increase. But otherwise jselsmark is right don't build the gate unless you want to switch to basium
Other wonders which might lead to confusion and or diplo penalties:
The CoE holy building: Makes units in your border invisible unless they are in a city. this means you can't just fortify your units on some hill.
The AV holy building: Entropy mana, diplomatic penalty with good civs
Soul forge & tower of necromancy: death mana (altough you already need one to build them)

Great mod! (I did not play the original civilization since I dicovered FFHone year ago...)

After playing a long time with several races I recently tries the Kuriotates. The mega cities and the settlements are a very nice idea.

However I have some problems, with the settlements. I'm aware that the cost for the megacities and no maintenance for settlements are no production etc for settlements. But my settlements stay a population 1 and culture 0, so not growing and producing culture at all. I thought that it would be able to build at least monuments (and city walls) in settlements? And tey should grow although very slow?
With no culture production the settlements are not of much use near rival territories, unless you deploy them directly on a ressource.
Any hints (I#m using 33g)?

Regards
ollej

I've downloaded the main game twice so far and although it is an .exe file it is asking me what programme i want to use to open it. Unhappily i've now deleted it as i have other games that do install to play.

Thats a problem with one of the hosts.
Just rename the file and add: .exe

Top Bottom