[MOD] Fall from Heaven II

I may change that result to only kill the unit if its first level, with all others it causes the unit to lose some xp or something like that. To encourage people to use the units that make the most logical sense to use.

I may even have the units level effect the results, so your more likely to get better results with higher level units.

Super idear Kael, I used to use only expendable units due to this risking a hero or another special unit (eg. Barun Duin Halfmorn)... other than that, I have realised that the trait that gives increased xp gain to mages is not nearly as effective as the charismatic trait that simply lowers the amount of xp needed to lvl for mages AND other units... have you considered this in the team?

@ Kael: that part did work pretty very well with the old Marnok Modmod. But even better are the new "unit got lost" mechanics implemented into latest version of the new Marnok Modmod (the unit is "lost" in the dungeon either until freed by clearing the lair or after some time after which it either emerges victorious and more experienced or is found dead.). As well as the "golem laboratory result". Checking them out is highly! recommended and should be rather easy since both are rather common...

So both the "experienced units are better at exploring" and the "overhauled unit lost mechanics" should be implemented imo if its not to much a drag on resources (both in regards to your/the teams time as well as the games overall stability...).

Is there a way to play as infernals in multiplayer?
I tried but got out of sync message..

thank you (great mod btw!!)

Is there a way to play as infernals in multiplayer?
I tried but got out of sync message..

thank you (great mod btw!!)

Yes, but its a pain. You basically have to drop out and rejoin as the infernals to do it. That will get your game back in sync and you shouldnt have any problems from that point on.

Kael,
I like what you said about the lair comments. I definitely throw trash units at the lairs because their is little reward for risking a good unit on them. I originally asked a question about saving games before exploring; I actually don't do that much because it's just so boring. Made for a good kick to the conversation, I think. In early game, I don't explore dungeons any more because I can't risk losing those units. For lairs, I strategically decide if a lair has to go and build up a little posse to go after it if it is too close to home. For the dungeons', the rust, disease, madness, powerful units defending, are all as good as losing the unit. In early game those affects are hard to get rid of. Once one of my units gets diseased or something, I just explore madly recklessly with it until it gets killed.

I like the increased use of poison's by goblin's. It would be nice if there were earlier access to units that could remove disease. It would also be nice to be able to cure madness in early game. Perhaps those could be paid-services of a herbalist (with a gold-cost?). Basically, reduce my research a lot in early game ot save up enough gold for a few turns to pay the herbalist. If the unit is worth it, that could be a good game adjustment that fits the mood of the lair/dungeon exploration principle.

The lairs and dungeons are fun. I have no complaint about them for the most part. Somethings just off in their balance. As a novice, I can't quite describe it well, but I think you have the vibe based upon your earlier comments.

Thanks.

Suggestion-

I tried the new "final five" gametype, and I have to say I really like the idea because whenever I play this mod it feels wrong to play with anything less than 19 players :lol: A large map with 19 players and final five enabled seems to work out almost perfectly for the game I have in mind.

With one problem- Basium and Hyborem don't stand a chance, and I'd like them to be in the game. I would suggest that they simply be immune to "final five elimination." I would also suggest that they not count toward the "final five," which would make the game, for the most part, "final seven."

To remedy this, maybe yet another stipulation that the Infernals/Mercurians can only be eliminated if there are only 6 or 7 (depending on if the other faction has entered the game) factions remaining- so they can get eliminated, but only at the very end.

The Infernals simply can't maintain a high enough score to stay in the game- ever. And the Mercurians get such a slow start that I have no idea how they could prevent getting eliminated in the first 50 turns.

Hope my proposed rules aren't too complicated :D

Your .exe download installs fine but when I load your mod it takes me to the standard bts title screen with Ffh II in the top right corner. What am I doing wrong?

I have Vista and everytime I try to extract the latest file I get a "cannot open output file" message. Also I cannot load the mod at all since I downloaded patch 3.17. Any suggestions??? Thanx

@ Asthix, all you need to do is go into options and look for the loading screen chooser (don't know exact name) but it should have options like BTS classical and default. Select Default.

Hi,
Some inputs from my last games -
1) Lack of funds - quick expansion and incorrect technology research can result with lack of funds to support the CIV, the result --> strike and auto disband of units.
the auto disband of units is risky, as the core CIV4 behaviour do not take into place heroes and other power full units that shouldn't be the first to disband, moreover religious heroes will not leave so quickly event if you can't pay them.
I would hope some revision to this logic will be done in the future.

2)Lairs/dungeons/etc... are nice but very risky - Usually I am disappointed from the benefits that are received from them - there is little value in sending a hero or a Strong unit to a dungeon, as it stands the same chance of getting the bad effects like any other unit. I think there should be impact on the level of the unit and the type of benefits it can receive or just a lesser possibility of bad effects.

3) Capturing Animals - When I capture an animal and not declare loyalty it shouldn't be attacked by other animals... this is wierd
Loving FFH2

Why should an animal not be attacked by another animial? How is that wierd at all? They kill each other in real life and I would expect they would even more so in a game.

Another humble suggestion- could you possibly remove the "corners" from the maelstrom spell? Currently it covers a 5x5 grid with damage. I generally feel like it's an overpowered spell to have at lvl 2, but the area it covers is just silly. At least make it a super-circle like the cities have.

I'm finishing up a game as the Amurites. Civolopedia needs to be a little clearer on what spells Govannon can teach. I found some that weren't listed, although very few of them seemed very useful (except haste, which I used about a dozen times every turn.) I felt like the Body spells were generally overpowered... Maybe it's just that haste is one of the ONLY spells that has frequent use at tier 1, but to also put the regeneration spell in that tree seems a bit much.

Eventually, my game's invasion forces, as well as defensive forces, became dominated by arqbuses (sp?). I didn't really care for that, but I don't know how I'd recommend you fix it.

Also- in my last game I faced a ridiculous diplomatic situation that was probably civ's fault and not the mod's. The Malakim have made vassals of the Balseraphs, the Lanun, and the Kurioate. They then declare war on the Elohim, dragging all of their vassals into war. The Kurioate are destroyed, and the Balseraphs lose significant territory. The Balseraphs then ask me if I'd like to make a vassal of them, and I say yes. With them, I inherent their present conflicts- including the war against the Elohim! I loaded a save game because I had planned to join the war on the Elohim's side. Why should I be dragged into a conflict by a vassal that was initially dragged into the same conflict? Shouldn't their war stop as soon as they relinquish the Malakim's protection?

hello, my name is Jamie and I'm addicted to Fall From Heaven Two ... it all started a few years ago when a friend of mine tunred me on to Civilization Four ... it was just some casual play at first, a few short games to get an idea of what it was all about. It was like a real many of the other time strategy games I'd played, but it was turn based. I happened across Fall From Heaven when I played the Beyond The Sword Expansion, it was an included Mod, from there I went online in search of more Mods ... what I found there my undoing

I found Fall From Heaven Two version 0.23. Being unemployed I played the game to pass the time. The game went into marathon sessions. I dreamt as if the game were reality, not as if I were in the game but if the game was all that there was and I was an external manipulator of all that was. as I would say to myself that this feature or that feature would be cool they were magically implemented in updates and new versions of this ever evolving masterpiece of digital entertainment, as well as other new features that added to the immense immersive reality laid out in this fantasy world free to anyone who would but to take it.

my name is Jamie, and this is the story of my addiction.

Kael, your mom is a smart woman ... (see quote on opening page)

... and on that note, I haven't commented on v 0.34 yet ... top notch ... you guys rule the world ...

I to have some issue with the explorable feature prizes ... I feel that maybe the programmers were in a bit of a sadistic mood when they dreamt up prizes ...

-why do the deamons have to be crazed ?
-it feels like the beneficial vs. malevolous outcomes to that random effect generator are 50/50 ... wouldn't a higher good to bad ratio seem more appropriate ?
-I like the better results for better/higher leveled units Idea mentioned in earlier posts
-I think Grigori adventurers should get better results than anyone, no I don't usually play the Grigori I just think that it makes sense and would be a cool reward for risking them in Adventurer form ...
-I think that every parlay into the unknown of these features should reward the gambler with some experience ...
-automatically upgrade a unit ...
-a unique unit ... 'your unit happens across a bottle, when he rubs it a genie pops out and grant's him 3 wishes, he wishes for fame, fortune, and thinking long and hard your unit wishes for ultimate power, to which the genie turns your unit into a genie and traps him in the bottle that had imprisoned him' you receive a genie
-a young dragon ... you find a baby dragon and decide to raise it, rather than kill it ... which could incur the wrath of another dragon later in the game (and I know in FFH Dragons are unique tools of the gods, maybe call it a wyvern)
-a special hero type, with unique abilities ...

I also wish Loki could level up ... occasionally I kill somethign with loki and it's be nice to give him mobility or the ability to defend himself, maybe even more powerful spells ... yeah, I think it makes sense for Loki to be able to dominate someone ... otherwise he is kind of pointless to have in a late game situation ...

I still think Acheron is too pussified ... no offense to those to whom a vagina is appropriate ... I just think that compared to the other Dragons he's a bit lacking in manhood ... dragonhood ??? ... and have too many times spent the time and resources building up a Beastmaster to capture the beast just to have him sit there immobile for the rest of the game ... I understand the balance issues but throw me a bone ... how about +1 free promotion ... it doesn't make up for the fact that he doesn't fly (impossible terrain, ignore terrain movement costs) but at least it allows the beast to move if you're able to capture/subdue him

and beasts should have access to mobility 2 if not a mobility 3 just for them and certain mounted heroes

I would also like to see a mounted adept/mage(wizard)/archmage ... maybe a unique unit for the Amurites

I've rambled on enough for this morning ...

my work here is done ...

away ...

oh, and omniscience ... shouldn't researching omnicience give one an omniscient sense of the world ... a constant awareness of everything ... the ability to view into a rival city's production ... an awareness or the goings on and movements of the barbarian hoards on far off shores ... maybe limit this for civ's with the CoE religion but otherwise Omniscience is a bit flat for such a costly tech ...

the opinions expressed are those of the advertiser and do not reflect the opinions of this station or it's affiliates ...

yup.

Why should an animal not be attacked by another animial? How is that wierd at all? They kill each other in real life and I would expect they would even more so in a game.

But they do not attack each other in Civ. So, that means, that as soon as animal is captured, other animals feel it and start attacking :)

Well, it can be explainable, though - by a scent of human, for example.

Hi,
1) Lack of funds - quick expansion and incorrect technology research can result with lack of funds to support the CIV, the result --> strike and auto disband of units.
the auto disband of units is risky, as the core CIV4 behaviour do not take into place heroes and other power full units that shouldn't be the first to disband, moreover religious heroes will not leave so quickly event if you can't pay them.

This happens in regular civ and is more a result of lack of managing your civ than the mod rules. When modding a game I don't think any one takes in to consideration how to lose fairly. Try playing at a lower difficulty level. Oh and animals would totally kill the weaker animals in the wild, if you don't want to lose the unit reveal it's identity and have a stronger unit baby sit it while it heals.

Hi,

This happens in regular civ and is more a result of lack of managing your civ than the mod rules. When modding a game I don't think any one takes in to consideration how to lose fairly. Try playing at a lower difficulty level. Oh and animals would totally kill the weaker animals in the wild, if you don't want to lose the unit reveal it's identity and have a stronger unit baby sit it while it heals.

Of course it happens in regular CIV and is regardless of the MOD it self.
HOWEVER, even if one mismanage still the order of the units disbanded seems to be random with the rule to remove units outside of cities first - as I state before, usually Heroes (religious ) won't abandone so quickly even without a weeks pay - in REGULAR CIV there is no concept of heroes.

Animals kill weaker animal in the wild? I haven't seen any AI controlled animal attacks a weaker one. The fact is that only when the unit is controlled by a player it's attacked - I can baby sit, but I think it should happen

Thanx 4 the advice Hiphopin but that's not my problem. The Ffh II mod loads but it takes me back to the bts game, NOT the Ffh II game. The only difference is the text "Fall from Heaven II v.0.34" in the top right corner. Does this mean the mod has the wrong folder name in my mods folder?
Have 3.17
No Vista

Top Bottom