[MOD] GreenMod (replant forest and other changes)

hi all,

i hope some of you can help me with some info:

I already use a combination of mods (one of them being Sevo's Fusion) and I would like to include more of the Green Mod.

so, what changes do I need to include if I only want the following things (or what files do I need to consider) ?

new improvement: soylent green facility, +2food, tech future, desert
new improvement: waste refinemant factoy, +2 prod 1gold, tech future, desert
new improvement: desert windmill, +4gold, tech electricity, desert

and the resources.

basically, do these changes (improvements and resources) only affect 2 files (in Assets\XML\Terrain, plus maybe the 'pedia) or do I need to change other files as well?

thanks!

you have a very splendid mod here...i mostly check around civilopedia when i download new mod, and it was perfect except broken text of three gorges dam and forbidden palace.

imagine83 said:
you have a very splendid mod here...i mostly check around civilopedia when i download new mod, and it was perfect except broken text of three gorges dam and forbidden palace.
This is, because this mod is written for Civ4 1.52.
In 1.61 there are some changes in the XML-files.

hey... just downloaded it... its 5 something MB but when i Unzip it with Winace I only get a folder with a textdokument called "changes" wich is 8kb????

eatcarrotsnow said:
Or is the project dead?

Let's hope not. Master Lexx produced a wonderful mod here, it would be a shame to let it die.
If not Master Lexx, does someone else have the knowledge to make it compatible with 1.61 ? I would happily so so myself, but lack the skill.
Vanilla CIV IV without Greenmod seems a lot blander.

Hi, here is Master Lexx.

Yes I stopped developing for Civ4. So I also stopped updating GreenMod. there are still unfixed bugs in my mod, nice to hear it does still work with the enw patch.

If you guys really like this mod and want me to come back, send me a message or post here, when there are enough messages, I will start working again with GreenMod.

So, I will come here again in one or two weeks, but right now I am unsure if somebody needs this mod, the 3d tools are released... who needs my pseudo new ressources?

So, bye

Lexx

Master Lexx, your Ressources are very popular... many of my mod's users want me to put them in.
If you don't want to update your mod, I would offer you, to bring your mod to 1.61 compatibility...

rockinroger said:
come back master lexx!!!!!!!!
I will second that.

It is kind of redundant since I asked it it was still being updated, so yeah, I would like to see work continue.

it's not good to retreat off of something that thousands of players who played your mod, yet they want more improvements and other things. Return back to modding as it will also help your future.

This a great mod, but if youre not into civ4 anymore (or you cant play, or whatever), then id rather have you back when the xpac is released. Still, wow. Great mod.

I truely enjoyed GreenMod. I would love to see it with Civ 1.61
Thanks a lot, Master.
:)

I downloaded your Mod a few days ago. It is giving me trouble. When I run it the little command icons are all missing at the bottom of the page and some in the city pages as well. For example when I get a great person I can't do anything with them because there is no command choice anymore. Also, when the units move they move all slow-mo and all jerky.

WhiteDoberman said:
I downloaded your Mod a few days ago. It is giving me trouble. When I run it the little command icons are all missing at the bottom of the page and some in the city pages as well. For example when I get a great person I can't do anything with them because there is no command choice anymore. Also, when the units move they move all slow-mo and all jerky.

Same problem here... so I deleted the mod. I would have liked to play the mod, but without the command buttons, I went about 2 turns and right clicked, then deleted. Do you have a fix for this so I can replant me some greens?

This problem happens to me every time, but here's a temporary fix:

Do an alt-tab to move to another process on your computer, then alt-tab back to Civ 4. Command icons, and other info displays will be back up on the screen.

Don't give up on Green Mod--it's one of the best I've ever played (and I've been a Civ player for 15 years).

Top Bottom