[MOD] Plantation Economy

Just select the Indigo Planter and then scroll off so the unit is no longer in view.

Ok I see it... The solution is simple, juste remove the "," before the Button and FullLengthIcon link in CIV4ArtDefines_Unit.xml

Change this:
Code:
<Button>,Modules/MoreYieldTypes/Art/Interface/Buttons/Indigo/Indigo_Planter_Button.dds</Button>
<FullLengthIcon>,Modules/MoreYieldTypes/Art/Interface/Buttons/Indigo/Expert_Indigo_Planter.dds</FullLengthIcon>

To this:
Code:
<Button>Modules/MoreYieldTypes/Art/Interface/Buttons/Indigo/Indigo_Planter_Button.dds</Button>
<FullLengthIcon>Modules/MoreYieldTypes/Art/Interface/Buttons/Indigo/Expert_Indigo_Planter.dds</FullLengthIcon>

I've always wondered what that comma meant... thanks for the info.

the problem with it is that i wanted to just add a tile imp that would add the bonus but the colonization code doesnt allow that. if the base terrain produces 0 of a yield then the only way to add that yield to the tile is by a bonus that has to appear. quite annoying.

I think I've found a solution for that, if you look in the CvPlot.cpp file and change calculateNatureYield from "0" to "-1" and set the terrain to produce "0" of a certain yield in the CIV4TerrainInfos.xml:

Code:
<Yields>
	<YieldIntegerPair>
		<YieldType>YIELD_COFFEE</YieldType>
		<iValue>0</iValue>
	</YieldIntegerPair>
</Yields>

you'll need a improvement (or a bonus) to be able to produce that yield... Here is the code:

Code:
if (GC.getImprovementInfo(eImprovement).getYieldIncrease(eYield) != 0)
{
	TeamTypes eTeam = NO_TEAM;
	if (ePlayer != NO_PLAYER)
	{
		eTeam = GET_PLAYER(ePlayer).getTeam();
	}
[B]	if (calculateNatureYield(eYield, eTeam, false) > -1)	[/B]
	{
		iYield += GC.getImprovementInfo(eImprovement).getYieldIncrease(eYield);
	}
}

But you'll probably want a improvement specific for each yield, otherwise every resource will show up yielding like this...

Attachments

• Civ4ScreenShot0013.JPG
    Civ4ScreenShot0013.JPG
    72 KB · Views: 1,536
this prob is a stupid question, but are the only civs that u can run on this mod, eng, spain, fra and the dutch? is it possible that u can run this mod, and play a modded civ (ie: Portugal)?

this prob is a stupid question, but are the only civs that u can run on this mod, eng, spain, fra and the dutch? is it possible that u can run this mod, and play a modded civ (ie: Portugal)?

Yes, Portugal Civ module will be included in next version! (will probably be release tomorrow)
I'm also working on a ModMod for AoDII...

oh i like their traits more.Portugal has seafaring trait (Nav 1 and 2) and one leader has +100% education, and another has grenadier promotion for mounted and infantry (i think)

Very nice work again. The plantation graphics are really neat and I like have prime timber in there too. :goodjob:

I keep getting an error when trying to load it:

XML Error
Tag: MEMORY_FAIL in Info class was incorrect
Current XML file is: modules\custom civilizations\portugal\sousa\sousa_civ4leaderheadinfos.xml

when I click ok, another error. It's exactly the same except not instead of sousa it's Henry

XML Error
Current XML file is: modules\custom civilizations\portugal\sousa\sousa_civ4leaderheadinfos.xml

when I click ok, another error. It's exactly the same except not instead of sousa it's Henry

Humm that's weird, there are no "Custom Civilization" Modules in this version... Are you trying to run it with another mod? Maybe in your Custom Assets folder?

Anyone else has this problem?

XML Error

This probably happened because of changing the base game, if you did that.

Humm that's weird, there are no "Custom Civilization" Modules in this version... Are you trying to run it with another mod? Maybe in your Custom Assets folder?

Anyone else has this problem?

I can play it without trouble. Btw, the gold and plantations are great additions :) Do you have any further changes in mind?

Btw, the gold and plantations are great additions :) Do you have any further changes in mind?

Glad you like it! But I've gotta give credits to Deliverator for the gold resource!!

Yes I have plans for further changes! I want to add more first and second transformation yields and some more resources too...

I plan to rework food where you'll have tradable grains, meat and seafood. A new ranch improvement for cows, swines, sheeps and horses too. Also whales and a whaling boat that would yield oil and food.

I also want to change the shipbuilding industry. You'll produce "tar" with lumber, weavers will make fabric and the tailor could make sails with it or cloth if you've got some Indigo dye...

sounds great!: but u no how there are the raw and processed materials... if coffee is the raw material, what is the refined? and what about indigo? would be interesting (but weird) to have "refinied coffee" as the processed material :D

Top Bottom