[MOD] Plantation Economy

Spoiler :
I think I've found a solution for that, if you look in the CvPlot.cpp file and change calculateNatureYield from "0" to "-1" and set the terrain to produce "0" of a certain yield in the CIV4TerrainInfos.xml:

Code:
<Yields>
	<YieldIntegerPair>
		<YieldType>YIELD_COFFEE</YieldType>
		<iValue>0</iValue>
	</YieldIntegerPair>
</Yields>

you'll need a improvement (or a bonus) to be able to produce that yield... Here is the code:

Code:
if (GC.getImprovementInfo(eImprovement).getYieldIncrease(eYield) != 0)
{
	TeamTypes eTeam = NO_TEAM;
	if (ePlayer != NO_PLAYER)
	{
		eTeam = GET_PLAYER(ePlayer).getTeam();
	}
[B]	if (calculateNatureYield(eYield, eTeam, false) > -1)	[/B]
	{
		iYield += GC.getImprovementInfo(eImprovement).getYieldIncrease(eYield);
	}
}

But you'll probably want a improvement specific for each yield, otherwise every resource will show up yielding like this...

Thanks Aymerick, did you put this code in your dll?

Thanks Aymerick, did you put this code in your dll?

There is actually an easier way where you don't need to alter any xml. Simple comment out one line of the code highlighted by Aymerick.

Code:
//		if (calculateNatureYield(eYield, eTeam, false) > 0)

No need to change xml files, and all works beautifully. For the olive grove TI example you mentioned Ekmek, you make the TI (olive grove) and set buildable terrain to grass, and the increase in yield olives to 1.

Easy. I've added this to AoD2 now. :)

I'm still on vacation so there wont be a update in the next 2 weeks, but I have some new stuff ready, just to let you know. My new "tar" yield is almost ready, made from lumber and used in ship building. Also new "ranch" improvement for Deer and Buffalo as well as "fine cloth" from cloth/indigo.

Did you add plantation economy to AoD2 or are these mods still separate?

Look at the first post, there's a ModMod for AoDII v1.10 or try Age of Further Discovery...

Aymerick, if I may make a suggestion, what about adding the new terrains featured? Those are the Col 1 terrains missing from Col 2, Savannah, Prairie and Swamp; that would allow you to make yield distribution between terrains more diversified.

I've been working on that for some time now, I have some issue to solve with the WB but mapscript (and fairyweather) works fine. I'll have new terrains and features ready for next update!

Look at the first post, there's a ModMod for AoDII v1.10 or try Age of Further Discovery...

when I click on the link in the spoiler that says:
"Mixed for AoDII and Colonies of the New World"

it just takes me to the AoD2 forum and i don't see a modmod there. :confused:

really what i want to do is just add more yields and have hem show on the city screen. was it just a matter of making yields modular? or did it require fixing the screen and sdk work too?

Is there the ability to be able to add in extra diplomacy options at all?

Trade Routes: Would opene up your trade routes with the other civ
Live Map: Shows what you see in real time

I just think Permanent alliance lumps in too many things into one option and it would be better if it was split.

Plan to have a gander through the XML's to see if this is possible. Dont suppose you know at all?

when I click on the link in the spoiler that says:
"Mixed for AoDII and Colonies of the New World"

it just takes me to the AoD2 forum and i don't see a modmod there. :confused:

Sorry the file was uploaded on filefront but the link was missing... Check the first post it's there now...

really what i want to do is just add more yields and have hem show on the city screen. was it just a matter of making yields modular? or did it require fixing the screen and sdk work too?

I was supposed to make a full tutorial and I will... But here are some comments so you can see how I've done it...:

1. XML:
    Depending on the order you want the Yields to appear in the City and Europe screen, split your CIV4YieldInfos.xml between the Assets/XML/Terrain folder and your Module Folder.
  2. Gamefonts:
    You need to add your new Gamefonts in the same order as your Yields in XML & Module...
  3. SDK:
    Look for my "MORE_YIELD_TYPES" comment in those files, you need to add the YieldTypes enum and AI to the list:
    - CvEnums.h
    - CyEnumsInterface.cpp
    - CvCityAI.cpp
    - CvPlayerAI.cpp
  4. Python:
    You need to adjust the Interface so that the new number of yield shows up correctly in the City and Europe screen as well as in the Domestic Advisor menu.
    - CvEuropeScreen.py - Divide the "self.XResolution" in "YieldAreaWidth" by the total number of yields
    - CvMainInterface.py - Adjust the "RESOURCE_TABLE_COLUMN_WIDTH"
    - CvDomesticAdvisor.py - Look in my file, lot's of changes...

Is there the ability to be able to add in extra diplomacy options at all?

Trade Routes: Would opene up your trade routes with the other civ
Live Map: Shows what you see in real time

I just think Permanent alliance lumps in too many things into one option and it would be better if it was split.

Plan to have a gander through the XML's to see if this is possible. Dont suppose you know at all?

Hey Nixeh,

Check out the [Mod Development] Diplomacy Insults thread, Kailric is working on Diplomacy enhancement. You should make those suggestion there...

I'm actually having a little trouble finding the value in Indigo or Coffee, it seems about the same as any other raw material -- that is, very cheap. There's really not much value in collecting and selling it, or am I missing something? I get that Indigo will refine into something, but it seems to me that coffee, while interesting, isn't really useful. Natives won't buy it, Europe doesn't pay much for it to make it worthwhile.

Also I think I mentioned this in another thread, the native sell price of Gold is rather high ... in fact, it is unprofitable to buy from them. I "wish list propose" the notion of a new building that can translate gold and silver into actual gold: a coin mint!

I'm actually having a little trouble finding the value in Indigo or Coffee, it seems about the same as any other raw material -- that is, very cheap. There's really not much value in collecting and selling it, or am I missing something? I get that Indigo will refine into something, but it seems to me that coffee, while interesting, isn't really useful. Natives won't buy it, Europe doesn't pay much for it to make it worthwhile.

Also I think I mentioned this in another thread, the native sell price of Gold is rather high ... in fact, it is unprofitable to buy from them. I "wish list propose" the notion of a new building that can translate gold and silver into actual gold: a coin mint!

The only use ive found for coffee is that in the early game it is easy to build settlements that will quite quickly stock up a fair amount without you actually doing anything, and u can just sell it for a little earl cash boost. Just helps moving things a long while i get your real economy started.

Historically, plantation economies relied on the masse production and export of raw resources (cash crops) as a source of income. Those resources may be cheap by themself but the value comes from selling large amounts. Anyway that was the idea behind this mod, and also to diversify the resources so you don't have the same production in many colonies...

I will adjust the native Gold prices! I'm glad to have some feedback on gameplay as I haven't focus on that, so thanks! :D

As for the "coin mint", I was thinking more in line of a Jeweller profession and buildings. But I need to find a way for him to use both Gold and Silver! Unless I make a Goldsmith AND a Silversmith... I'm not sure what would be best... What do you think?

I think that you should make the YieldConsumed tag:

Code:
		<YieldConsumed>YIELD_COTTON</YieldConsumed>

a list instead of a string.

Then in the SDK you can instead of drawing, say, 4 Cotton, 2 of each. (You might want to limit it to even numbers you can safely divide by the amount being consumed...)

All of this is theoretical- I don't know how or where this code works. Based on what little I know of the SDK I'd guess you'd have to edit the CvCity.cpp file (after changing CvInfos, anyway), though.

Well, if you need more jewelry, how about pearls from tropical-lattitude coasts (especially islands) as a bonus yield on clam resources? Actually if you restricted them to tropical island coastlines, that could make those little islands worth trying to colonize.

Top Bottom