[MOD] Plot List Enhancement

.... and how would I enable python error popups?

I get the feeling that, due to this fine help, I am going to get all this to work. Thanks!

Oh wait.... there in the signiture ..... (how embarassing...) Got it, thanks.

Code:
## 12monkeys - PlotList Button Enhancement  - begin
# mainInterface = CvMainInterface.CvMainInterface()
mainInterface = PLEMainInterface.CvMainInterface()
## 12monkeys - PlotList Button Enhancement  - end
One risk of using this method is that if you have a mod that changes the cvMainInterface file (ie a clock mod or the attitude mod), then you will lose those when you swap over to using the PLE mod. This is because the file that you changed that had the clock mod in it will not be loaded. There are ways of overcoming this (putting the clock mod in the PLEMainInterface file but the one I prefer is to see what parts of the PLEMainInterface file are new and including them in the cvMainInterface file.

Luck for you, I have already done some of this hard work in my 'cobbled mod pack' (see signiture).

I hate to ask this but... Is 12monkeys still working on this, or even around here anymore? I haven't seen a post by him in a while. :(

12monkeys said:
2.) DONE! fixing turn to heal calculation
3.) DONE! display negative promotion values (currently the're not displayed)
4.) DONE! fixing "double move" attributes in mouse over inof (currently they're canbe displayed twice)
5.) DONE! fixing pOldPlot issue
6.) DONE! switch off PLE button when switching interface mode (eg. when switching to world builder)
7.) DONE! unit movmements wrong calculated
8.) DONE! python error when chaningin python code while game is running

Okay, fixes for (5) and (7) were buried in this thread. A fix for (8) was buried in Total Realism patch 2.01. Anyone know if any of the other fixes are buried around anywhere? Or do I have to keep treasure hunting? :lol:

Okay then, concerning mods, here I am trying to add in components and I am not a python knowledgbable person..... its not fun.

Could I simply take the python folder from the Cobbled mod, or Sevos, or the Mylon mod, and plop it in my Mod folder replacing the default Python folder...? Then add the art and text?

wotan321 said:
Okay then, concerning mods, here I am trying to add in components and I am not a python knowledgbable person..... its not fun.

Could I simply take the python folder from the Cobbled mod, or Sevos, or the Mylon mod, and plop it in my Mod folder replacing the default Python folder...? Then add the art and text?

You can take my mod in its entirety, disable whatever components you don't want through RuffMod.ini, and then add any graphics only mods you would like, since I don't interfere with that. If you want any mods with xml only that don't overwrite any files in my mod, you can add those. Other xml only mods are simple enough to try out the Mod Switcher utility by tdb. Anything else would have to be merged by hand, requiring some programming skills.

The same is true for Ruff's Cobbled mod, on which my mod is based.

That probably will not work with Sevo's, since he has heavily modified graphics already. I don't know about Mylon's.

Never copy just the python folder.

Who can help me to solve this two bugs? Are those bugs?

Attachments

• Civ4ScreenShot0000bug.JPG
    Civ4ScreenShot0000bug.JPG
    201.5 KB · Views: 165
This is just pure speculation on my part because, honestly, I have no idea. But that first one with the promotion icons overlapping makes me think there is a font issue or a problem with the way the unicode text is being handled.

Do you have the option to switch to another language? If you do, you might try switching to English and see if it goes away. That would at least narrow down the problem.

I don't think the original author visits here anymore. Once you've isolated the problem, you might post in the main C&C forum to see if some of the other modders might be able to help. You can also look through the unmoddified Python code to get an idea of how Firaxis is handling the text and compare that to how it is handled in this mod.

Sorry that I couldn't be of more help! :sad:

12monkeys said:
bug fixes :
1.) fixing issues with malfunctioning mouse over info by usage of some new v1.61 API features.
@mikezang
The screenshot you displayed is an example of this bug in the above quote reported way back. It's apparently the last thing 12monkeys was trying to fix before another release. I guess something happened since he hasn't been around in a month and a half. I hope everything is alright.

I hope it eventually gets fixed, as this does get quite annoying. You can fix the overlap by simply mousing-over the units again. This fixes it when it happens, but I haven't found a way to stop it from happening. It has something to do with the last thing you moused-over not disappearing correctly.

Can't help you with your other problem since I use the linear horizontal display functions.

Hello all,

I've integrated this Component into a Mod that I play exclusively these days (Fall from Heaven II). Everything is working, however I've lost the game's intro music and each Civ's music (for instance, when in diplomacy with them).

I matched the cvMainInterface for FfHII to PLEMainInterface and have looked through the code for anything else I might be missing. Does anyone have any ideas of where else I can look?

- Niilo

TheLopez said:
I was asked by Houman if I could port 12monkeys PLE to warlord and here is the link to the download: http://forums.civfanatics.com/./downloads.php?do=file&id=2540

enjoy.

..." The Lopez"... Y O U ARE I N C R E D I B L E !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

THANKS FOR THIS UPDATE ... YOU ARE THE ONE AND ONLY CODEMASTER...

... I'M STILL SITTING HERE... SHAKING MY HEAD- GOIN LIKE: WOW !!!

WHO ELSE DID WHAT YOU JUST DID: nOOOOO oNE !!!

sorry for the caps but this is how I feel right now. Got to go and do a diaper change...

Take care Man ... Thanks again...:goodjob: :goodjob: :goodjob: :goodjob: :goodjob: :goodjob:

TheLopez, did you incorporate the bug fixes that are missing from 12M's download (and listed in this thread)?

Also, for anyone using this mod on a game that has units with no movement (like Fall from Heaven), there is a divide by zero error.

In \Assets\python\screens\CvMainInterface.py we have:
Code:
screen.setBarPercentage( szStringMoveBar, InfoBarTypes.INFOBAR_STORED, float( fCurrMoves ) / float( fMaxMoves ) )
I fixed it by adding an if statement as follows:
Code:
if (fMaxMoves):
	screen.setBarPercentage( szStringMoveBar, InfoBarTypes.INFOBAR_STORED, float( fCurrMoves ) / float( fMaxMoves ) )
else:
	screen.setBarPercentage( szStringMoveBar, InfoBarTypes.INFOBAR_STORED, float(1.0) )

- Niilo

Many bugs, tweaks and fixes here.
Will someone rewrite this mod for vanilla and warlords including all the known bugfixes and/or fixing known issues?

Top Bottom