[MOD] Plot List Enhancement

Having some issues installing, maybe someone can provide some insight. I take and copy all the 12monkey changes from PLEMainInterface.py to my CvMainInterface.py. When I run the game the interface is missing nad Civlopedia doesn't work. Everything works up to this point.

Any ideas where I may be getting a conflict? The only other mod that modifies the CvMainInterface.py file is Sevo's Raw Commerce display mod.

I'm running Vanilla (latest) on a mac, if that makes a difference.

Late to the party but at least I made it :) My deepest gratitude 12Monkeys for the excellent mod. One of my biggest complaints about the game was having to deal with large stacks of units. The interface was just way to cumbersome to deal with and you have fixed that perfectly. Your effort is very much appreciated.

One negative about the mod (imo) was you chose to use an exclusive filter. Having to select a filter to remove a unit is completly backwards to me. It's to strange to have to select the healthy filter to get unhealthy units. Also it's a bit of a pain if you want to just see air units because you have to select two filters to get just air units.

Luckily enough in huge part to your well coded and commented code I was able to make the necessary adjustments and now it works just as I think it should. I've set it up to show all the units by default (IE no filter selected). When a filter is active only units that match the active filters will be shown. If I want injured ships I just select the wounded and ships filter. Now the mod is perfect!! If anyone agrees with me and would like the modified file code I could provide it.

I hope this mod is compatable with Beyond the Sword. Or perhaps you would be so generouse to make it so. Thanks again!

God I love this mod; I hate teh default plot list. Any news on a BTS version? I find it hard to play without this mod...

God I love this mod; I hate teh default plot list. Any news on a BTS version? I find it hard to play without this mod...

12monkeys hasn't made a post in over 1 year. Luckily this mod made it's way into other mods and was updated as necessary along the way. That was true for Warlords, so I'm not sure about BTS.

Here is a version that works with BtS.

I'm not sure that every feature works. I'm basically only using the stacking by unit types.
Feel free to report problems, I'll try to fix them.

Enjoy.

Attachments

• PLE_BtS_fix.zip
    92.6 KB · Views: 168
Thanks a bunch; I just loaded it up. I haven't played any turns, but the plot listings seems to work.

I've only noticed one problem; I selected a stack and clicked the little star to only view units that can be promoted. All my tanks say they can get the "lead my general" promotion, which of course, is impossible.

@turlute

It is really nice that you made this Mod Comp work with BTS. You may start a new thread that has BTS in its title so it is known that a version for BTS is available. Also do you intend to maintain it for a while, just to fix some bugs like the one Janook mentioned?

I've only noticed one problem; I selected a stack and clicked the little star to only view units that can be promoted. All my tanks say they can get the "lead my general" promotion, which of course, is impossible.

I don't think this is supposed to be a bug; it's a feature.

The star button lists all of the promotions that are available to each unit at that time. The "lead by warlord" promotion is in fact available to all units all the time, so it appears in the list.

The mod is telling you that type of promotion is available to the unit, not if a warlord is actually in the hex at the time.

Weekend starts and I managed to find the time to browse this thread and fix a few issues mentioned in a few posts.
So here is a new fix for BtS (should work in warlord too, maybe even vanilla civ).

List of changes:
  • fixed - Lead by Warlord "promotion"
  • fixed - Cannot promote units by clicking on the promotion icons
  • fixed - PLE icons visible in world view
  • fixed - division by zero with static units
  • fixed - Turns to heal calculation (untested)
  • fixed - Random crash when reloading a savegame (untested)
  • fixed - unit movements wrongly calculated (untested)
  • added - Mouse over help for the PLE buttons
  • added - Configurable option to hide health bar while fighting

Edit: When I say "maybe compatible with warlord and vanilla civ"; U have to first manually merge the changes from this version with your own cvMainInterface.py file.

@Kalimakhus
I don't have enough free time to say that I will maintain this component, sorry.
Although I'll try to fix the issues now and then if I can.

Attachments

• PLE_BtS_fix.zip
    94.1 KB · Views: 221
Great work turlute, thanks a bunch.
I had my saved game crashing, i didn't know it was because of this; hopefully it's fixed now.

Thanks a lot turlute for your effort. I am particularly pleased with the addition of mouse over help. I have merged the comp with the Ethnic Styles mod so right now this combination is my default for playing BTS.

I still like you to start a thread for the BTS version of the component. This doesn't imply a promise of continuing to maintain the comp but it will draw the attention of people who would like to have it. (They won't check the old thread).

Anyway, what you are doing now is as much as any can ask for maintaining this modcomp.

Having some issues installing, maybe someone can provide some insight. I take and copy all the 12monkey changes from PLEMainInterface.py to my CvMainInterface.py. When I run the game the interface is missing nad Civlopedia doesn't work. Everything works up to this point.

Any ideas where I may be getting a conflict? The only other mod that modifies the CvMainInterface.py file is Sevo's Raw Commerce display mod.

I'm running Vanilla (latest) on a mac, if that makes a difference.

I second this problem, and it occurs in many other mod components that I'd really like to use.. The difference is that I'm on a Windows system.
Really, many genial, small mods doesn't work, all that happens is that all my interface is hidden from the start. It looks like if you go Alt + I, but when I try that to "unhide" the interface, it doesn't help.
Entering World builder via Ctrl + W works, as does every game command, i.e. "Build city" with B, "Build road" with R, "Build Farm" with I...

Any clue?

Are you two by chance just throwing all the MODs you download into your CustomAssets directory? Alot of the MODs out there add code to the same files, and if you overwrite a file that is connected to your interface, (Clock MODs, Autolog, Reminders, ect...) then you loose the code, and CIV doesn't know what it's supposed to do so does nothing.

Another thing that can cause problems is if you are trying to install a Mod for CIV, and you're running an expansion (Warlords or BTS) you made get code conflicts which will cause the same problem.

I'd first make sure that you are running the right version, (CIV, Warlords, or BTS) and then make sure you're not overwritting code.

I've got multiple mods in it, yes, but I don't place all my mods there, no.
Those mods doesn't have any files "shared", so it isn't because of the merge of a file.. And I tried only this one alone, as a mod with an empty CustomAssets folder.
Also, using only the FfH2 mod wont either work, same problem, hidden interface.

Anyways, thanks for trying to help,
/FireFly

I've got multiple mods in it, yes, but I don't place all my mods there, no.
Those mods doesn't have any files "shared", so it isn't because of the merge of a file.. And I tried only this one alone, as a mod with an empty CustomAssets folder.
Also, using only the FfH2 mod wont either work, same problem, hidden interface.

Anyways, thanks for trying to help,
/FireFly

Does it ever work? I had a similar problem when I would load another game. This mod for vanilla only seemed to work on the first loaded game per civ4.exe session. Otherwise my interface would disappear as well.

Does it ever work? I had a similar problem when I would load another game. This mod for vanilla only seemed to work on the first loaded game per civ4.exe session. Otherwise my interface would disappear as well.

It happens both when I load a game or when I simpy create a new one. Also, as I said, there's lots of mods and/or mod components that triggers these - alone (no conflict).

By the way, thanks for helping me! :)

Nials, it's not incompatible at all, we just haven't decided yet if we want to add it completely, or just taken parts of it. EF has been working very hard to make a cleaner version that will do about the same thing, with maybe a few changes here or there.

If you wanted to try and merge it into BUG yourself, it would work fine.:)

GJ on making it BtS compliant. I'm getting some error messages, though, with the new (BtS) units, when I mouse over their icons. So far, the only ones I've built are privateers and air ships. Any ideas?

Cheers, PW

Top Bottom