[MOD] Regiments (10+1 men formations)

Dale said:
Does the mod now fully work with 1.61?
Works fine with 1.61. :)

EDIT: Assuming you also use the modified XML files provided with
FIX for version 1.61 thanks to porges
... near top of first post.

CarterField said:
Could you be a fine chap and tell me what exactly I have to tell the XML? I really want to try this amazing mod but every time I restart the game I still have only 3 warriors. How do I fix this? I don't know anything about modding. Thanks.

sorry, dont know why this happens with your version, try clearing your customassets or have a quick look into the unitinfo.xml, to make sure the <Groupsize> is not 3 but 11 or such a number.

or try reinstalling the newest version (with porges 1.61 fix)

cant download your nice work... when i push "download" the site reloads but no donwload starts... try'd it with firefox and i-eplore with all blockers off
is there an alternate download?
or can someone mail me that stuff? mailto:digitald0815@freenet.de

that seems to be the 100days no download we delete it stuff from filegone.com, i will see if i can find another place for it and then reupload it.

Will upload it tomorrow, dont have it with me right now.

Ok, i checked the v03 link and it is working!!!

I am not sure why this shows up as it does. But the screenshot below is what I get on some units. Not all though, as the spearmen, mech infantry, and many others show up fine. However, on some units I get a red dot. My Battleships have a black bubble around the center. I am trying to spot what is causing it atm and figured I would post in case someone had an answer. I like the scale though, and the formations are great.

Thanks.

EDIT: I added another pic, what are these boxes in notepad in the FormationInfos.xml file?

Attachments

• Civ4ScreenShot0098.JPG
    Civ4ScreenShot0098.JPG
    122.8 KB · Views: 246
  • Notepad-FormationInfos.JPG
    Notepad-FormationInfos.JPG
    177.2 KB · Views: 187
King Flevance said:
I am not sure why this shows up as it does. But the screenshot below is what I get on some units. Not all though, as the spearmen, mech infantry, and many others show up fine. However, on some units I get a red dot. My Battleships have a black bubble around the center. I am trying to spot what is causing it atm and figured I would post in case someone had an answer. I like the scale though, and the formations are great.

Thanks.

EDIT: I added another pic, what are these boxes in notepad in the FormationInfos.xml file?

hmm those boxes are tabstops i think, dont know which format created them. I use xml psy to edit stuff, so i dont have any issues with boxes ;) (xml spy is free!)

The red dots are caused by a wrong linking in the art_definesunits (to the models in their folders) or in the unitinfos (to the art_defines). it could be that you downloaded the xml only version, there the modifiied art is missing,... you would have to create the folders and put some units in their (where it is linked in the art_defines) otherwise download from the filegone link, where you will get the "fullversion" with art and xml... it does work, but it seems temporarily unavailabe (i am speaking of filegone).

seZereth said:
hmm those boxes are tabstops i think, dont know which format created them. I use xml psy to edit stuff, so i dont have any issues with boxes ;) (xml spy is free!)

The red dots are caused by a wrong linking in the art_definesunits (to the models in their folders) or in the unitinfos (to the art_defines). it could be that you downloaded the xml only version, there the modifiied art is missing,... you would have to create the folders and put some units in their (where it is linked in the art_defines) otherwise download from the filegone link, where you will get the "fullversion" with art and xml... it does work, but it seems temporarily unavailabe (i am speaking of filegone).

Thanks. I got it working now. I just changed the ART_DEF_OFFICERUNIT xml to ART_DEF_UNIT. Now they are all working. :goodjob:

Hi, I'm new to mods and I tried to follow the instructions exactly but I believe somewhere along the way I must have messed up.
This is the first mod I've gotten for this installation of Civ 4.
Ok, so I installed the game, got the newest 6.1 patch, installed it, then downloaded the newest version of regiments. I put it into the Mods folder as instructed, and when I select it from inside the game(or when I tell the civ ini file to start Regiments from the beginning), when it is loading the XML files, I get an error about TECH_COMMUNISM not being correct.
The game loads anyway, but there is no text! I can select stuff and when I blindly pressed the buttons and managed to start a game, indeed the regiments DID work, but I can't play the game with no letters, anywhere.
There are no letters on any of the menus, or in the game.
Sorry if I missed something obvious, help would be appreciated.

ArmoredChimp said:
Hi, I'm new to mods and I tried to follow the instructions exactly but I believe somewhere along the way I must have messed up.
This is the first mod I've gotten for this installation of Civ 4.
Ok, so I installed the game, got the newest 6.1 patch, installed it, then downloaded the newest version of regiments. I put it into the Mods folder as instructed, and when I select it from inside the game(or when I tell the civ ini file to start Regiments from the beginning), when it is loading the XML files, I get an error about TECH_COMMUNISM not being correct.
The game loads anyway, but there is no text! I can select stuff and when I blindly pressed the buttons and managed to start a game, indeed the regiments DID work, but I can't play the game with no letters, anywhere.
There are no letters on any of the menus, or in the game.
Sorry if I missed something obvious, help would be appreciated.
You need a 1.61 fix for this mod, it's at the top of the first post. Just download the file and unzip it into regiments letting it overwrite everything.

Ok, I got it working, but there is a glitch that makes the game unplayable: in each regiment there is a unit that is not textured; he is just a red dot, and an invincible one at that. If I engage in battle, it never ends because the attacker does not even try to attack the dot, also some of the unit pictures are wrong: it shows a warrior picture for archers.

Also, because I added in that xml file from the 1.61 patch fix file, I cannot simply turn off the mod, and am totally unable to battle.

I realize it was stupid not to create a back up folder for my xml, but can someone provide me a copy of a fresh xml folder?

I am also very new to this, and I am having trouble doing this part:

Then you can open civ4config and replace the 0 at
Mods= 0
with
Mods= Regiments v03

I can't find the "Mods= 0" that I'm supposed to be changing. Perhaps I'm looking in the wrong place. Can anyone clarify the situation for me? Thanks.

Very good mod, thanks seZereth. It's just what I was dreaming of when I was seeing these giants stomping my towns. :goodjob:

A word if I may : you know what you're talking about, but others don't. So please be more explicite when you tell people how to install it. The "mods" folder where you must uncompress the archive is in My Documents\My games\Sid Meier Civ IV. The line to modify is in My Documents\My games\Sid Meier Civ IV\CivilizationIV.ini. It's probably obvious to modders and people who know about mods, but not for the average player (at least it wasn't for me, and apparently I'm not the only one confused).

And people with the red blob bug must download the entire mod with the filegone link given in the first post, not take the attached file which doesn't contain the art files. I know, it's written, but you know how it is : if it's not red, bold and underlined, people just look at the screenshots and download the attached file, as I did myself. :D

(And if it's red, bold and underlined they think it's a Google ad and ignore it anyway, but that's another story. :mischief: )

King Flevance said:
The "boxes" are non-ANSI character codes, notepad won't display them properly. You can open it with wordpad (which will display them properly) and then save it as plain text (ANSI). Or you can just use wordpad instead of notepad for editing XML files, it's a bit quicker for things like search & replace, just try not to use the rich text options :)

Thank you ShaLouZa! I cannot tell you how difficult it has been for me to read about all these great mods will slowly trying to piece together what the instructions are supposed to be, and then having to test my guesses by loading the game over and over again.

Your post was very helpful, and although I doubt everyone will follow your advice, it was very much appreciated on my end.

Currently, I'm trying to figure out how to combine mods so that I can use, say, a new leader while also using regimented units and having some difficulty, but I don't want to trouble you more.

Thanks again.

King Flevance said:
Thanks. I got it working now. I just changed the ART_DEF_OFFICERUNIT xml to ART_DEF_UNIT. Now they are all working. :goodjob:

And where are they located?

cdcool said:
And where are they located?

You have to change that in the Unitinfo.xml at the Meshgroups section at the end of every units entry....
But wait for Regiments extreme, or best, download porges custom asstes its something like regiments3b...

Top Bottom