Mod / Scenario Suggestions

skam240

Chieftain
I've been playing Civ IV for years now and am looking to get more out of the game by checking out some of the great mods I know people are making for it. Unfortunatly, in going through the mod section for this sight I am completely overwhelmed (plus, while I know this site it totally free and awesome and I hate to :):):):):), the sorting tools did nothing for me). My game time is extremely limited so playing alpha and early beta builds are not for me. I'd love to check these out and give helpful feed back but I just don't have the time for playing something that might be completely unsatisfying because of its lack of completeness.

So what I'm really getting at; can some one please point me to some of the more popular and mostly finished mods and scenarios? I'm not too picky on themes as I think Civ has allot of potential to be taken in allot of great ways.

There are a number of good mods out there, depending on your tastes. First of all, I would suggest that you download the BUG mod. It makes the game so much easier to play. All of the information that you need is right at your fingertips.

You might also check out Fall From Heaven, Rhye's and Fall of Civilization, or the History of the Three Kingdoms. These are very good mods which have been very well received.

If you're looking for something which gives graphical enhancements only, without changing the game play, then might I humbly suggest the BAT mod. See my sig for that one. You can find BUG from the link in my sig as well. :)

My Version of Road-to-War is nearly complete. :D

While it has a version number of 0.40 for Europe (and 0.50 for Pacific) - it is based on an already refined mod.

Thanks for the tips so far. History of the Three Kingdoms looks awesome and while I was disappointed with the Road-to-War mod that shipped with BTS I love the idea of a WW2 mod so I'll definitely check that out.

As for the BAT mod, even with just these two suggestions I probably won't be playing much basic Civ IV for quite some time. I'll download it and load it up next time I do though.

Like you after discovering "mods", I don't play "normal" civ any more.

Top Bottom