[MOD] Sevo's CivFanatics Fusion 2.0

Regarding Hitler, what do you mean by not glorifying him? There are 2 things I admire about him: a) he was quite possibly the greatest orator the world has ever known, and b) he had tremendous power and kept most of the world at bay for a few years with his war machine.

Obviously, he has some things on his record that lower my opinion of him (genocide is unacceptable), but one still can respect him for the power he had in spite of that.

I wouldn't put Hitler as a leader of Germany, but would rather clarify him as head of a faction "Nazi Germany." There is a difference. Nonetheless, I don't see how Nazi Germany belongs in SevoMod, but should better be reserved for a World War II mod/scenario.

Rabbit_Alex said:
Hitler should not be glorified in any way. To say that having him in a mod is stupid isn't insulting, it's the truth, and anyone who does think so is naive at best, a fool at worst.

Let me state 1 thing first, CIVILIZATION IS A GAME!!! like the 1000other games made specially for WWII and fighting hitler and his NAZI terrorists! having him in a mod is now suddenly stupid at all? I thought before it was only stupid to have him in the sevo mod and he better be put in the WWII mod, and now you suddenly say it's stupid at all?

hmm..fellow players of civ4!!! insulting is what Hitler startet with, don't go on the same level as he did! :cool: I know what you mean, you just want to express your anger that people do not share your thoughts, but you have to live with it, it will happne more often in live then you will wish for.

I think we're all more mature then back in 1921-1945 and we can deal with history! WWII and adolf hitler was a part of history that happened because people back then couldnt live with history! I dont see anyone gloryfying hitler in this post, so we all agree on that. Hitler was a bastard, not just that, he was the personification of BAD!!! I don't think anyone here should insult, anyone here by calling him/her stupid/foolish or any other bad word just because some here reminds history and knows the importance hitler had for our history, not just for European history, but for the world! and therefor like to see him in a mod.

Little sarcasm: sorry, but speaking of opinions and ideas and calling your own the "thruth" leaves me no other option then to be a little sarcastic, however, I fully understand your opinion and can tell you that under some circumstances I might 100% agree with you, it's just my life experience is probably a bit different then yours, so under these circumstances I not completely agree with you, though respect your opinion, but I do NOT respect you calling your own opinion the only and solely thruth!!! absolutely not!! you should learn to respect others ideas and opinions too! so here the sarcasm! :)
btw about thruth, history is not physics or maths! :) there is no real thruth in history, only the thruth of those who experienced it. now, since all people are different, and all people experience it differently, you also have different versions of history, thruth? not even the exact number of jews killed by the holocaust are known, not even today! you wanna know the thruth? or even worse, you speak in the name of the thruth? you are human just like we all are, if your thruth is the real and only thruth on this planet, then I admire you!!!!!! you are more intelligent then all the 6,5billion people on this world and more smart then einstein and all other psysics of history! :) you know the thruth? you can really speak in the name of the thruth :) finally god has come to save us all :) i was starting to think there is no god, but hey, suddenly you are here to tell about the thruth :) awesome man! :)

erh, back to the story, hitler was one of the main reasons of the end of colonization, hitler was one of the reasons why roosevelt critized churchill..Churchill asked roosevelt many times to support england against germany, the USA should not help USSR instead focus all help on england, then roosevelt on one occasion countered back by asking:"how should he choose between good and bad if the good is enslaving people worldwide and gathering resources for own wealth without decend payment for the inhabitants of those colonies" Im not sure if i phrased this correctly, but I think you'll get my point. Maby people opened their eyes because of this man! somehow we all need to view death and destruction in the eyes to understand good and bad :(

Some parts of history are history! they are not meant to be forgotten nor neglected. and it's very unconvenient to insult people! there is no need for that since we all agree that bad=bad and wrong=wrong. This is a game, it's a free democracy we live in. If some like to kick adolfs hitler ass in a mod, they can ask(i like do) if some don't like the idea kicking adolf hitler ass in the Sevo mod, it's their right to. Well at least I think everyone has a right to express their wishes and everyone has a right to deal with history and events in human life as they think is the best way to live with it.

whatever reasons you have, whatever doubts you have about the reasons of the other..this is solely a game, we should respect each others wishes! im sure noone here is a bad guy, we just like to play, playing history(also the bad parts) is part of the game!

you also throw nukes in civ4?? you have them in the sevo mod..how many nukes you throw? you wanna measure this also on real life, like you want to measure the importance of adolf hitler in real life? why you play this game on the first place since it's a war based game and war is always bad anyway! You wanna speak about ethics and link that to a game? that discussion we have had back in the 90s already, it is commonly exepted that people play wargames. If you don't like it, or playing parts of history, it is your right, noone is critising that, but if others do like to play parts of history, please, acknowledge it's their right to do so, they are not killing anyone by doing so, let me remind you again, this is a GAME! I think i made myself clear on that, civ4 is a wargame, war is never good, but as long you remind yourself this is a game and nothing real!

You also watch adolf hitler movies in the cinema...wanna critiseze that too?

Forgot everything of history? I don't think it's foolish to forget everything..everyone has a right to forget, if you feel it's better for you to forget, do so, others might not share that idea! but we still should respect each others ways to handle history, wether in game or in real life...calling people foolish or idiot, or stupid, or whatever does not fit in the difference people have to remind or deal with history, neither in real life nor in game!

If you cannot live with bad things of history, fine, don't play adolf hitler! if you think:"like I do" that adolf hitler was VERY VERY VERY important for not only germany, bot also for the world, because He is the person wo teached us:"THIS IS WRONG" then play him!

But do not insult anyone because he/she has other means to deal with history! jesus man! why is everyone always starting to insult everone? people have different genes, different educations, different cultures, etc etc..people are different! so they handle every single aspect of life different! respect them, respect anyone! no matter what his/her beliefs or ideas are! respect the person! if we all agree on that, no man like adolf will ever rise again, then we can truly say:"we've learned our lesson"

long story he? :) hope you'll overthink 100times now before insulting others..I can only say..everyone here is 100% right in his opinion :) just make sure you understand your idea might not be that of the other..but it still no reason for bullying around :)

I suggest Benito Mussolini for Roma/Italy because he has taked his symbol the "fasces" from the early romans ...

And Mussolini was a good dictator because he has not killed anybody ...
Just utilized ricine oil ^^

Shqype said:
Regarding Hitler, what do you mean by not glorifying him? There are 2 things I admire about him: a) he was quite possibly the greatest orator the world has ever known, and b) he had tremendous power and kept most of the world at bay for a few years with his war machine.

Obviously, he has some things on his record that lower my opinion of him (genocide is unacceptable), but one still can respect him for the power he had in spite of that.

I wouldn't put Hitler as a leader of Germany, but would rather clarify him as head of a faction "Nazi Germany." There is a difference. Nonetheless, I don't see how Nazi Germany belongs in SevoMod, but should better be reserved for a World War II mod/scenario.

I am sorry, but Hitler was a bloodthirsty tyrant. He created a system where it became acceptable to exterminate political opponents and undesirables, such as Jews, Poles and Gypsys. There is nothing to admire about him. He destroyed vast swaths of Europe, including Germany. Think of what the world would be like if he had prevailed. That is something to keep you up at night.

Sevo

What are you going to do now since the patch has been updated?

The new sevomod will have to be delayed, at least I recommend it would be for as long as it takes to get the updated versions of the mods that you're currently using.

Also, as well as play-testing the new modifications along with the newly added vanilla fixes/additions.

I'm just curious about what this will entail, I already know you have some sort of plan of action, just wanted to know, thanks

-Ryan

Could it be that for some reason this version (2.3) still works with patch 1.61? I tried and didn't notice anything weird.

ecc said:
What are you going to do now since the patch has been updated?

First, I'm going to lose my FREAKING MIND :wallbash: :suicide:

I was almost there with the next release. Now I've got to work in the 1.6 patch...or rather, work mine in..*ugh*

The good news is that, on at least a brief perusing of the 1.6 patch changes, the vast majority deal with multiplayer interaction issues and not gameplay itself. The few gameplay / balance issues will need to be rectified, but a lot of them have already been taken care of in my mod with the new units & tech tree...etc. So we'll see.

I'm going to go through all the new changes tonight and I ought to be able to offer a more definitive answer shortly.

The "bad" news is that the SDK has been released...which means I can start messing with the AI and how they work...I want to see if I can create an AI that plays as well as a mid-grade human. But first things first. :)

I've played the first ~50 rounds with 1.61/Sevomod 2.3 and haven't noticed any problems. It seems to be working still.

Remulak said:
I am sorry, but Hitler was a bloodthirsty tyrant. He created a system where it became acceptable to exterminate political opponents and undesirables, such as Jews, Poles and Gypsys. There is nothing to admire about him. He destroyed vast swaths of Europe, including Germany. Think of what the world would be like if he had prevailed. That is something to keep you up at night.

Nice to see that someone agrees with me.

Bringa said:
I've played the first ~50 rounds with 1.61/Sevomod 2.3 and haven't noticed any problems. It seems to be working still.

Looks like it. *Phew*

Unfortunately, I have some changes here that aren't working with the new version; namely all those beautiful re-skins from the CivGold aren't functioning under the patch. Not sure why yet. But the core mod itself (even the 3.0) seems to be working, and that's a good start!

I'll have to look at the changes they made and see which ones I want to incorporate and which will stay behind, but I don't think the patch release is going to appreciably delay the mod release as long as I can get this weird graphical glitch pinned down.

Okay...back to work for me.

(Also, I'm NOT changing "Communism" to "Utopia". I have a good idea why this change was made--you'll note that the Chinese Leader has also had his name changed--and I'm not on the bandwagon. I think recent history has concluded that Communism in practice does not lead to utopias.)

Sevo said:
(Also, I'm NOT changing "Communism" to "Utopia". I have a good idea why this change was made--you'll note that the Chinese Leader has also had his name changed--and I'm not on the bandwagon. I think recent history has concluded that Communism in practice does not lead to utopias.)
Well actually they only changed the TEXT tags right, the English (and I'm sure other) translations still say Communism. I'm guessing when they release it in China they'll point those tags to Utopia or whatever. It is strange though, whatever the Chinese think of communism don't they still call it that? Or am I wrong?

I however have had a different result ,however
1.61 is giving my sevo mod 2.3 game started last night problems.
All kinds of python errors .
state property no longer has a prerequisite tech
every time i go to change tech ,python problems
every time i enter a city screen python errors and lock up:cry:

Love the mod !:goodjob:
Eagerly awaiting 3.0 but for me 1.61 is NOT compatable

I quickly looked over the files and there were 30 changed python files and 44 changed xml-files...

Sevo said:

No but it seems that Capitalism in practice has no problem joining in on propaganda when there is some coin to be made when complying to one countries censors. A lesson learned from Rupert Murdoch.

It's only a name and a small change, but does it make anyone else feel a bit dirty?

wow playing as hitler or against him sure may be fun and more "realistic", but what the hell? i dont really like that germanys "greatest leader" is adolf hitler in the mind of many people, in fact he had the absolute command of german armed forces and made so many strategic mistakes you can easily call him the worst military leader of all time. As for the rest of his leading abilites: his absolute power was based on fear and lies, wow thats an achievement i sure adore. Also it is not very nice to see germany always and on every occasion be associated with Adolf Hitler. What about Göring, Goebbels, Himmler and the rest of the gang? ;)
The generations in germany have shifted, very few are left of that time and i consider myself lucky to still have grandparents who can tell me about the horrors of those times. But if some of you guys want to play as "good old Hitler" go ahead. While it may add realism it also adds astonishment on how forgettable some people are about history. If you guys ever visit germany or poland be sure to visit a concentration camp. its the creepiest feeling i ever got in one of the gas chambers, better than any horror movie because its real.

so im in the middle of a sevo 2.3 game..what do you advise? updating or not..i mean..does the 1.61 patch really improves gameplay for me that makes it worth updating? or do you say, changes are not big for the gameplay/memory enhancement, video improving etc itself so i can spare me to update and first update when you release the sevo 3.0 mod??

mrgenie said:
so im in the middle of a sevo 2.3 game..what do you advise? updating or not..i mean..does the 1.61 patch really improves gameplay for me that makes it worth updating? or do you say, changes are not big for the gameplay/memory enhancement, video improving etc itself so i can spare me to update and first update when you release the sevo 3.0 mod??

Honestly, the 1.61 patch won't perceptibly change gameplay all that much. Finish the game your on, at least, if you're enjoying it!

Shqype said:
Regarding Hitler, what do you mean by not glorifying him? There are 2 things I admire about him: a) he was quite possibly the greatest orator the world has ever known.

I respectfully disagree and say that Martin Luther King Jr. was the best ever. :goodjob:

mrgenie - I like your signature. Long live Western Civilization!

I think that the Hitler discussion has consumed far too much bandwidth than it deserves in this thread and has grown to the point of being off-topic. I suggest that those who wish to continue on that subject kindly move it to it's own thread so that the rest of us can concentrate on Sevo's fine work.

Respectfully,
Quite Man

Sevo,

Just wanted to say I enjoy your mod very much. Unfortunately since I installed the new patch I have encountered some nasty problems (lack of interface the most glaring problem). So I'll simply wait......patiently......for the new versio...............AAAARRRRGHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!

Please hurry! ;)

Top Bottom