Mod shop!

fozo1655

Chieftain
I have a case of modders block so I came up with the idea to:

Take mod requests(on this thread) and fullfill them!

Rules:

-No "We need more stuff posts"
-If you do want more "stuff" be exact like if you want 8 new civs state what they are.
-No UI stuff
-Nothing that may have copy right(i.e fanfiction)
-Nothing to do with ANY other game's art(Unless you own it.)

Thats it ask away!

Thanks to all other fourm posts and guides/tutorials for giving the community information.

K, i'll give you one, that seems easy, but I haven't figured out how to do it yet:

Trading posts: They have got 2 Art Styles , one for medieval, one for modern era.
Modern era looks better because it has stone buildings instead of tents.

Your mission: Change the tradingposts so they use the modern era art style all the time!

good luck! ;)

Got it[scrambles open the SDK]

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
NEW NEW NEW:I looked things over and it seems not to be possible. There is no file dealing with artdefinetags and we can not unpack the models so it is currently to my understanding impossible. Sorry

I have a case of modders block so I came up with the idea to:

Take mod requests(on this thread) and fullfill them!

Rules:

-No "We need more stuff posts"
-If you do want more "stuff" be exact like if you want 8 new civs state what they are.
-No UI stuff
-Nothing that may have copy right(i.e fanfiction)
-Nothing to do with ANY other game's art(Unless you own it.)

Thats it ask away!

Well, since you asked *evil grin*

Change to how Goody Huts Work (This'll be a LUA thing if even possible)

1. Goody huts provide Tech in any Age
2. They ONLY provide tech of the age you are currently in or earlier
3. If the Tech option comes up and you have all the techs of the current/earlier ages, 'reroll' on the goody hut for something else (omitting tech to avoid the rare chance of loops)...
4. Same as above, but for unit upgrades.
5. More randomness in culture/gold - i.e. I've hacked my goodyhuts.xml to give me a range of gold between 500 and 5000 gold... But that's a hack... and I haven't figured out a way to randomize the amount of culture yet. *sigh*

As personal options, I'd like a version without map, barbarian show, and resources as options (which I've hacked out of my xml already).

So... get to it!

(be careful what you ask for. :lol:)

Here's one, should be simple.

Add in a new keyboard command (Alt-T perhaps) that automates workers but only allows them to build Resource-specific improvements (plantation, pasture) or Trading Posts.

2. Source? Hrmm.. Not sure if there is one, you'd probably have to make the LUA for that randomness.

3 & 4. If I'm in the ancient era, and I hit a goody hut, and the result comes up tech, but I have all the tech's for the ancient era, then have it choose something else.

If I'm in the medieval era and tech pops up, then any tech from Ancient, Classical, and Medieval is viable to be given (if I don't have them already that is).

As for units, same deal, sorta... Have it NOT grant an upgrade if I don't have the tech. i.e. no crossbowmen if I don't have Machinery, no swordsmen if I don't have Iron Working, etc.

Logic checking.

As for learning LUA, it's really not that hard (I do know it, I'm just short on time to do this myself and you asked. :p)... You could take a look at Thassilica's (sp?) mod for no goody hut upgrades of units (I haven't yet, so I don't know what's there)... or poke at any mod that has some lua in it... I personally find it easier to modify an existing bit of code than start from scratch sometimes. :)

More than happy to help you out with this, since I want it! lol... but the heavy lifting is all you. ;)

Source code.

I'm sorry I can't handel any of the promtion and randomness expect for gold and possibly culture. The era handeling I can't change(until I get better understanding or the source code is realeased)

Well, if art is an option, there's a tough one I'd love to see happen. Make fort improvements "attach" to each other, like farms do. So three forts in three touching hexes create a larger structure with open space in the middle, so it looks like a cannon and two musketmen are sharing the same protection.

But... that one's kind of evil, so let's see, what else... An expansion of promotion lines could be simple enough. You know, a few new specialization options, purely aggressive or defensive traits for standard melee and gunpowder, or expanding on existing ones like an upgraded medic.

And one more I've been scratching my head over. I don't like the idea of mechanized infantry. I mean, sure, it exists on a modern battlefield, but eventually there's a place for FOOT soldiers, and they have to deploy from their APCs. I suppose the easiest answer, but not necessarily the best, would be to make a modern infantry unit, and an APC unit, allowing the infantry to attach to the vehicle for one move point, then deploy for one move point, allowing a great boost in transportation speed. Further expansion of this idea could allow things like deployment aircraft for non-paratroop units, and "motorized infantry" solutions in the WWII era, such as trucks and jeeps.

So, there's three for ya... one's probably impossible, one's unlikely, and one's too easy to bother with :lol:

how about make buildings that use up extra luxury resources to be built and gives a small (+2 or +3) happiness bonus that requires the luxury to be nearby and have a small maintenance value like 1-3.

I hate how i can't always trade off my excess luxuries most of the time and I hate how expensive most of the happiness buildings are.

Different buildings could get built for each luxury or maybe just one that requires any and be maybe some sort of warehouse building. If you did separate buildings you could have each one require different techs if you wanted. Like allowing wine to building vineyards and only require calendar but make sugar to build a rum distillery and require engineering or whatever.

How about a simple mod that just adds an airport building that allows units to be airlifted a limited distance from one city to other cities. The building could become available to be built once flight has been researched and also give a small boost to income from trade routes. The trade route income boost could be enough to pay the maintenance for the airport but not much more. Thanks.

The idea has changed this is now a mod request fourm and anyone can take up the responses just post.

Top Bottom