ModBuddy won't start

Could you please post the solution or a link to where you found it so it will help others with the same problem? ;)

I get the error "MS Visual Studio Shell Isolated - Cannot find one or more components. Please reinstall the application." upon starting mod buddy. I'm running Windows 7 64 Bit. First I had only installed MS Visual Studio 2010 Professional (which should be enough afaik), but I got this error.
So I installed Visual Studio 2010 Shell (Isolated) but I'm still getting the same error, reinstalling the sdk didn't help either. Running the mod buddy's exe file manually as admin makes no difference, and of course I did a reboot after installing something.
Did you have the same problem and if yes, how did you solve it? Thanks a lot! :)

I have Win 7 64 bit as well and still experience the problem. Here is what I have tried:
• Uninstall – reinstall
• Clean registry of current installs or keys referencing
• Cleaned all temp folders
• Installed VS 10 Pro – did not change anything
• Of course rebooting during the process…

Still get the same error and when I try to reinstall VS 10 R Isolated I get an error that it cannot run in compatibility mode, which is supposed to point to an unfinished install but I cannot find any reference to it in the registry…
I can fart around with WorldBuilder all day but have yet to successfully launch ModBuddy… very frustrating… anyone try something other than the above to get this to work?
TIA

Top Bottom