[MODCOM]Pirates Mod

You should never modify the original game files. Instead you should add this to your custom assets directory.

So, if I add this to my custom asset directory, it should load up everytime in the basic game w/o having to load a mod?

What if I already have stuff in my custom asset directory? Do I just add the files? If some of the same files already exist, do I just merge them?

I am using the custom civ alerts (city growth, city unhappiness, etc) which is located in that directory

Thx
jonpfl

You will need to merge them with the existing files in your custom assets directory.

2 questions

1) Will this work for multiplayer games?

2) When do the pirates stop showing up? I dont want to see pirates going around in transports and/or destroyers

Thx
jonpfl

jonpfl said:
2 questions

1) Will this work for multiplayer games?
Yes it should work.

jonpfl said:
2) When do the pirates stop showing up? I dont want to see pirates going around in transports and/or destroyers

Thx
jonpfl

They will stop showing up at the same time as barbarians.

I run most games on a civ server via pitboss.

If I add this mod to my server, it should show up in any game I run via pitboss, right?

I am really looking forward to this mod as I think it adds alot to the game.

Great job

Yes, things need to be changed in the mod to make it Warlords compatible. I am slowly providing Warlords compatible versions of all my mods...

TheLopez said:
Yes, things need to be changed in the mod to make it Warlords compatible. I am slowly providing Warlords compatible versions of all my mods...

Any idea what happens if we use this mod as is for Warlords right now?

I have it default to load up in Warlords but havent had a chance to verify it works. Is it just a matter of changing the directory parsing?

Thx
jonpfl

TheLopez said:

kewl kewl, asking as im started coding the pirates mod now, still looking to get this in :)

What all needs to be changed for Warlords?

I modified the current directory in one of the files (as mentioned in another thread) and also copied over the XML file for civilizations to the Pirates Mod directory. Is that all that needs to be done?

Also, if I use this mod and load it up, will it ignore things in my 'My Documents/My Games/Civ/Warlords/Custom Assest' directory? I am using the civ alert mod and have it in that directory but it doesnt seem to work when I load the pirates mod

Thx
jonpfl

jonpfl, I am working on the Warlords compatible Pirates Mod today...

Expect it to be available in a few hours.

TheLopez said:
jonpfl, I am working on the Warlords compatible Pirates Mod today...

Expect it to be available in a few hours.

Cool

Sorry for being such a pest but this mod seems like a perfect addition to this game.

Thx
jonpfl

Ok, it's finally up. During the testing of the mod I noticed that when a ship had a crew the crew didn't actually get loaded onto the ship so they floated in the water.

I am in the process of re-testing the regular version to make sure the same thing doesn't happen... If it does then I'll update the regular version.

I noticed you have a new pirate mod for vanilla civ.

I noticed you have a DLL now instead of doing things with Python. Does the old version still work or should I make sure I have the new version with the new DLL?

I was wondering how hard it would be to incorporate the following mod with this mod :

http://forums.civfanatics.com/showthread.php?t=162977

Thx for the great work!!
jonpfl

jonpfl said:
I noticed you have a new pirate mod for vanilla civ.

I noticed you have a DLL now instead of doing things with Python. Does the old version still work or should I make sure I have the new version with the new DLL?
You need to make sure that you have the new version with the new DLL if you don't want pirates getting stuck in the middle of the ocean.

jonpfl said:
I was wondering how hard it would be to incorporate the following mod with this mod :

http://forums.civfanatics.com/showthread.php?t=162977

Thx for the great work!!
jonpfl

It isn't too hard if you know how to compile the DLL.

Both links on the original page are for warlords and I can't download the vanilla version of the file

Thx
jonpfl

jonpfl said:
Both links on the original page are for warlords and I can't download the vanilla version of the file

Thx
jonpfl

I don't know what you are talking about :mischief:

cant seem to get it to work either in the privateers mod or on its own ...

... Using the 0.3 Warlords version, its AD 500 on raging barbarians and still yet to see a barbarian ship with or without crew ... :(

Top Bottom