[C3C] No Tech Trading Scenario

Knightfall

Warlord
Hello Everyone!

DESCRIPTION: Here's a mod/scenario I made that disables tech trading by marking all techs as "Not Tradable". I came into Civ III from V/VI, so I was used to not playing with tech trading being a thing, and found it kind of annoying and easy to exploit. If you're in the same boat as me, you might like this.

INSTALLATION: Download the attached file, unzip it, and drop it in the "Scenarios" folder of your Civ III Conquests installation file. Then, select it from the list of scenarios in-game, then setup and play your game as you would normally.

COMPATIBILITY: This scenario should be compatible with any other mod so long as it doesn't alter the tech tree by adding/removing techs. Also, this only works with Conquests, not Vanilla or Play The World.

This is my first effort at modding. Constructive feedback and reporting issues are welcome, but please be polite.

Special thanks to fuad, Civinator, and timerover51 for explaning to me how to make this thing!

Attachments

• No Tech Trading.zip
    29.5 KB · Views: 17
Hello Everyone!

DESCRIPTION: Here's a mod/scenario I made that disables tech trading by marking all techs as "Not Tradable". I came into Civ III from V/VI, so I was used to not playing with tech trading being a thing, and found it kind of annoying and easy to exploit. If you're in the same boat as me, you might like this.

INSTALLATION: Download the attached file, unzip it, and drop it in the "Scenarios" folder of your Civ III Conquests installation file. Then, select it from the list of scenarios in-game, then setup and play your game as you would normally.

COMPATIBILITY: This scenario should be compatible with any other mod so long as it doesn't alter the tech tree by adding/removing techs. Also, this only works with Conquests, not Vanilla or Play The World.

This is my first effort at modding. Constructive feedback and reporting issues are welcome, but please be polite.

Special thanks to fuad, Civinator, and timerover51 for explaning to me how to make this thing!
(1) TY :) and (2) Agreed, but some of us heavily Mod "Tech Trading" to either (a) heavily limit which Techs can be Traded, and/or (b) not having any Techs, at all, be tradable until some specific way into the game..

(1) TY :) and (2) Agreed, but some of us heavily Mod "Tech Trading" to either (a) heavily limit which Techs can be Traded, and/or (b) not having any Techs, at all, be tradable until some specific way into the game..
Glad you like it!
And I know that some people use specific restrictions ot tech trading for specific scenarios or games. I made this for people who just want it disabled completely.

One thing about "No Tech Trading" is that it really cuts down on the use of Diplomacy in the early game, as you really have nothing to talk about with the other civilizations. When I play it, about the only reason I contact another civilization is to start the Espionage function going and at least see where the capital is, and what resources it has. As I stumble over other cities, I check them as well. I think that I have Map Trading tied to Navigation to activate it. Then I can start getting maps.

I think it hurts the AI to not be able to trade each other. I just don't trade with them and they can trade each as much as they want. I play a lot of AW, so I am use to not trading as well.

I think it hurts the AI to not be able to trade each other. I just don't trade with them and they can trade each as much as they want. I play a lot of AW, so I am use to not trading as well.
That's a fair point, but I find it also sort of slows down the general pace of the game, which I like sometimes.

Top Bottom