[MODCOMP] Great Generals From Barbarian Combat Mod

Draco, is there a way you could update this version for the 2.1.3 patch of Warlords (the final patch that came out), please? You see, the mod doesn't work for the new patch (only for the old 2.0.8 patch, which I can't downgrade to since I have the digital download version of Warlords from the online store). So I was hoping there was a way to get this mod updated for the last patch of Warlords that came out, and if so, then maybe you could do it or at least tell me how it could be done.

Thanks

Specterace

Youch...

It could be done Specterace. I'm just really short on time, so it would take awhile...

Back-dating the mod wouldn't actually be too hard. Just start with the 2.0.8 mod, and merge the original DLL source files into the DLL source that came with 2.1.3. You'll need Visual Studios, and WinMerge. There's lots of directions available on the forum on how to get VS set up. And the merge itself isn't usually that hard. The changes from 2.0.8 to 2.1.3 are probably just bug fixes, right? In that case, it's almost just a matter of plunking the GGfBC code into the 2.1.3 source files, file-by-file. There's only about 10 or so IIRC. If you've got any modding experience at all, it's really not difficult.

I'll download the 2.1.3 patch. If it looks like installing it won't mess with BtS, then I'll install it and try to upload a 2.1.3 version for you. It's gonna take me some time though, I only get a few hours a week for gaming...

If you're willing to take a hack at it yourself, I'd be happy to track down the Makefile for 2.1.3 for you, that'll be the hardest part; and the walkthrough of where to get VS and the other materials you need. All free, don't worry.

So I found and installed GG bar exp and it works. My problem is that now the tech pop ups are missing when i discover new technology. I dont seem to receive the message about first types of units ie first archer or warrior or gunpowder either. Also i think something is missing next to the turns counter but i cant for the life of me remember what.

I have an improved AI installed directly and changed a few things in the xml but thats it. I also deleted the art folder which was empty. Any ideas how to fix without losing the mod?

Thank you

The problem stated above (the one where the tech description screens don't pop up when I discovered a tech) and such are now happening to me as well. I recently re-downloaded and reinstalled the game from GameFly and installed the mod (since I rebooted my computer) and now these problems have shown up. I never used to have them before, so I'm wondering what it is that's disabling the tech popups and the new unit type popups and such.

If I could get some help from Draco or anyone else, I would greatly appreciate it.

Hey, guys!
I updated this mod component for BTS 3.19. (SDK used).
Download: https://forums.civfanatics.com/resources/great-generals-from-barbarian-combat-mod.26127/
Author: TheLopez.
Multiplayer: yes, checked
Source: yes, //MOD@CombatXPFromBarbs comments
Changes:
  • Pyhon exceptions deleted.
  • Barbarians can born GG too, if they have at least 1 city.
You can configure the modcomp using Civ4GlobalDefinesAlt.xml:
  • If the Define value is 0, CombatXPFromBarbarain component becomes disabled
  • If the Define value is 1, human player and AI can gain Great General combat XP from combat with barbarian soldiers
  • If the Define value is 2, barbarians also can can gain Great General combat XP from combat with other players. If they have at least one city, barbarian Great General wil born there.

Top Bottom