[ModComp] JUnitReligion Mod

Currently there is no detailed breakdown of what pop is which religion. But as for the removal of religion, I am working on a religion decay mod that will work for religion kinda like the CulturalDecay mod does for culture. This will be out some time in August. This will include a more detailed breakdown of religion demographics of your cities. And yes, I will see about the missionaries thing, that sounds like somthing that will work well with the overal system of my religion mods. Thanx for the input. :)

There already exists a inquisition mod. The only problem is, that the AI isn't able to use this unit properly. A new script to this and the unit as an addition would be cool.

@Caesium
Yea, the AI use is an issue, but I'm not making any new actions, I'm just going to use turns fortified and random percent chances, aswell as state religions and some civics. So if I just stick to using built in things that already get used, it is more of a side effect then somthing the AI has to actively do. :)

New Version 0.5 Released. Now with Warlords compatibilty.

The new version comes set up for regular Civ4 v1.61. If you wish to play it in Warlords follow the steps below.

1) Download the mod.

2) Unzip the mod to your Civilization 4/Warlords/Mods directory as normal.

3) Open the Civilization 4/Warlords/Mods/JUnitReligion/Assets/Python directory.

4) In that directory open the CvModName.py file in Notepad or any text editor.

5) Change the line
Code:
expansionWarlords = False
to
Code:
expansionWarlords = True

6) Save the file, load the mod, and play as normal. :)

Whenever I play with this mod (v0.5 for Warlords) I get the following red messages (at top left of screen) at the start of every turn:

Code:
iEra = UNITCLASS_SCOUT

iEra = UNITCLASS_SCOUT

iEra = UNITCLASS_SCOUT

iEra = UNITCLASS_SCOUT

iEra = UNITCLASS_WARRIOR

iEra = UNITCLASS_WARRIOR

No error pop-ups that I have to click through - just that messages all the time. I assume that the iEra extends to all instances of all unit types currently in play, but the game can't display all the messages at once.

Oops, sorry bout that, looks like I left a debug message on, I'll fix that when I get home tonight and repost the file. :)

NikNaks93 said:
Could I use this in my mod? Please? I really like the idea!

Yes, you can use any of the mods I make. Like all the other modders I only ask for a little props if you use it in a mod you make. :)

I'm happy to hear you like it. :thanx:

And if like JUnitReligion Mod, you might also like JReligionDecay Mod... It isn't released yet, but I'm about 60-70 percent done, just working out some kinks before adding in the final features, so keep your eyes pealed. :cool:

Excellent. So we could implement this into the Realism Mod.
Houman
Houman, is this mod in your TR for warlords?

@ Jeckel is this 2.08 compatible??
Also how can I prevent landunits (except settlers, of course!) from having a religion?? Thanks for the good work :D

It's very easy to include, because I could merge it in my composite mod, but I dunno if it'll need to be updated to 2.08

Top Bottom