[MODCOMP] Unit Allegiance Mod

Officer Reene said:
When I merge this mod with another mod....

do I need to intergrate (copy) the Unit Allegiance Mod Config file (text) into the main mod's Config file?

(basically cut and pasting the info from Allegiance Config to the other config file)
Nope, just drop the entire file into the base directory of your mod

Officer Reene said:
I have been examining your files to merge with the CivMore (by Fitchn) Mod

I notice that the CvCustomEventManager.py "imports" the CvEventManager .py

since there CivMore Modifies the CvEventManager.py file

is there anything I need to do to merge the mods?

or can I just place this mod component within the CivMore Mod (following the correct folder placement) ?

Thx for your help
You will need to modify the event manager found in the civ more mod since it is incompatible with the event manager for this mod. You will need to convert the event manager in the CivMore mod to use Dr. Elmer Jiggles custom event manager.

TheLopez said:
You will need to modify the event manager found in the civ more mod since it is incompatible with the event manager for this mod. You will need to convert the event manager in the CivMore mod to use Dr. Elmer Jiggles custom event manager.

ugh sounds difficult (to a python illiterate like me :mischief: )

maybe I talk to fitchn..... about it....

thanks anyway! ;)

I'd do it for you but I'm a bit busy right now...

TheLopez said:
I'd do it for you but I'm a bit busy right now...

is okay...

thx for all your help on this (and other posts I made)

maybe I can convince Fitchn to add it to his mod (the main mod I am using)

:p

Updated with link to Warlords compatible version!!!

Certified to work with warlords patch v2.0.8.0

Certified to work with warlords patch v2.0.8.0

Awesome.. I almost gave this mod a miss until I checked the 2nd page and found that it does work with Warlords 2.08 :p

You need to update the first post to say that it's compatible with 2.0 and 2.08.

Anyway, just a quick question, when you capture a unique unit (eg. you're playing as Russia and you attack a German Panzer and capture it) do you get the unique unit (graphics and stats) or just the default class unit?

Thanks

hmm i dont suppose this can easily be made to work with BtS 3.13 ? well i know nothing about python but ill try this and see if i can get it to work, fingers crossed
Please let us now if it does. I haven't found the time to test it yet but would like to include it in the BtS version of my modpack.

well something is not quite right. it didnt give me any errors, the game loaded fine with it but i opened up worldbuilder to drop in a few units to test it. not one of the enemy units came over to myside. i went back and set the chance to 100 and restarted the game and tried again and still no one switched sides. so something is missing in there. like i said i dont know python so im not sure whats going on.

That's a shame. I really like this mod too and would be really grateful to any of the python experts out there who could take it upon themselves to update it to BtS.

Pretty please...

Hey Amra, thanks for updating this! :D

One question, when you capture a unit does it automatically switch art styles to your culture or does it keep the units original art style? I'm guessing the former but it would be cool if you could capture units without them changing skin colours. :p

Hey Amra, thanks for updating this! :D

One question, when you capture a unit does it automatically switch art styles to your culture or does it keep the units original art style? I'm guessing the former but it would be cool if you could capture units without them changing skin colours. :p
You know, I didn't check that yet. I'm going to merge it into my modpack (which includes VD) tonight and I'll let you know.

Hey Chuggi,

I checked and a captured unit changes its' ArtStyle to that of the winner. So, for example, if a Zulu warrior defeats and captures a Barbarian warrior, the captured warrior will look like the Zulu unit.

Perhaps charismatic could reduce the chance?

Or a variable depending on the ethnicity of the city to produce the unit?

Additionally, perhaps soemthing tagged to the civics: soldiers are muich more inclined to surrender to western forces, from whom they can expect fair treatment, then to surrender to militas and rouge states.

Hey Chuggi,

I checked and a captured unit changes its' ArtStyle to that of the winner. So, for example, if a Zulu warrior defeats and captures a Barbarian warrior, the captured warrior will look like the Zulu unit.

Ah. :( I would prefer it the other way around but I don't have the coding skills to change it.

in post #33 Amra has updated this to work with 3.13 it also works with 3.17 v05bts What I'am asking is that I need someone who can add a popup to the mod showing that a unit change Allegiance it does work but does not show that a unit has change Allegiance

Top Bottom