[MODCOMP][WARLORDS] ResMod - Resources (BETA version)

C

CreativeMind

ResMod v0.75 BETA
by CreativeMind

UPDATE:
Been away on important work so I'm sorry that I haven't updated or fixed the beta version.
There are probably a thousand better modcomps out there by now but I'll be updating this one anyway.
I'm about to fix it up a bit more soon.

It has come to my knowledge that the mod should be compatible with the new expansion BtS,
but I can't verify the fact yet. Although please do give it a try anyway and play it with BtS!

I have uploaded a fixed version of ResMod, the fix was made by Roamty. See below.

Thanks & Credits goes to: Zuul, this mod is based upon his mod; "Resource 0.10"!
So some of you will probably recognize some of the resources (such as Apples and Barley).
Thanks goes also to Amra & DanoDavid, and all those who are responsible for the original Zuul-mod, art and models.

Sites I've used:
www.wikipedia.org
www.freetranslation.com
http://forums.civfanatics.com/showthread.php?t=153584&highlight=resource
Some more I currently don't remember.

Zuul's mod can be found here:
http://forums.civfanatics.com/showthread.php?t=185330

Click on the link to download the ResMod BETA (.rar) file:
http://forums.civfanatics.com/uploads/103093/ResMod.rar

Click on the link to download the newly fixed version of ResMod BETA (.zip) file by Roamty (currently unverified):
http://forums.civfanatics.com/uploads/103093/ResMod.zip

FEATURES:

What does this little mod feature?
* 27 new add-on resources for "CIV4 - Warlords"!
* Translated all the text!
* Added 7 new resources in addition to the original mod resources!
* Added 4 Buildings (1 wonder, 2 National Wonders & 1 Common Building)!

Please note that
There are more detailed information in the readme.txt file, so please do read it.
It's pretty heavy so beware! :)

Do also remember that this mod is a BETA version, it's still in work progress.

Are there known issues?
1) Yes, there are unfortunatley graphical errors that derive from the GameFont tga files. I can't fix it, and the more I try, the freakier they get. Also, the 4 new buildings doesn't use their own unique models & skins, they're using the Warlords scenario buildings as models.
2) The stats are unbalanced and the mod still needs a lot more tweaking.
3) Translation errors, sorry about that but the translation site isn't accurate.
4) The wonder-buildings are perhaps too powerful.

I do appreciate any help with any errors you can find, such as the .tga files.

I'll attach some pictures on some of the resources sometime soon.

I hope you will enjoy my mod! :)

//CreativeMind

Nice to see more and more resources :goodjob:

One thing about the GameFont files. Have you read Eusebius' tutorial on the subject? Try that and see if it works. I don't have a link on me, but its located in the 'Tutorials, Reference and Guides' section.

Good luck!

Hi NikNaks93! Yes I've read a tutorial about that in the Tutorials forum, but I'll check the tutorials one more time later on (I'm unfortunately a little busy this month)! I did however use both Photoshop and Paint Shop Pro when editing the .tga files, and man what a nightmare it was. I'll try my best fixing them!

NikNaks93 said:
Nice to see more and more resources :goodjob:

One thing about the GameFont files. Have you read Eusebius' tutorial on the subject? Try that and see if it works. I don't have a link on me, but its located in the 'Tutorials, Reference and Guides' section.

Good luck!

Hi Strategyonly! If you mean that you want to use this mod in your mod, then it's a little more to it than just copy and paste, you'll have to edit a whole bunch of xml files. Take a look at the files in my mod, and there are some very good tutorials available here at civfanatics. Certain resources such as "Coffee" needs a whole lot of information since it use the PlotLSystem file quite frequently (the file sets up the rules for the resource's improvement graphics and other important graphical uses). Once you'll get the hang of it, it will be a lot easier.
Also, make sure that your mod is compatible with Warlords, there are some differences in the Warlords xml files.

Here's some quick links: http://forums.civfanatics.com/search.php?searchid=159521 & http://forums.civfanatics.com/showthread.php?t=153584&highlight=resource

Hope you'll enjoy the mod, and remember that it's still a beta version.

strategyonly said:
How do i get it into my MOD?? i am new at this?? And this sounds like a great improvement.

CreativeMind said:
Hi Strategyonly! If you mean that you want to use this mod in your mod, then it's a little more to it than just copy and paste, you'll have to edit a whole bunch of xml files. Take a look at the files in my mod, and there are some very good tutorials available here at civfanatics. Certain resources such as "Coffee" needs a whole lot of information since it use the PlotLSystem file quite frequently (the file sets up the rules for the resource's improvement graphics and other important graphical uses). Once you'll get the hang of it, it will be a lot easier.
Also, make sure that your mod is compatible with Warlords, there are some differences in the Warlords xml files.

Here's some quick links: http://forums.civfanatics.com/search.php?searchid=159521 & http://forums.civfanatics.com/showthread.php?t=153584&highlight=resource

Hope you'll enjoy the mod, and remember that it's still a beta version.

I hear ya, but i am going tone deaf, :joke: but thx if you looked at my SIG i have a fantasy Warlords MOD, thx.:p

btw, your first link says: Sorry - no matches. Please try some different terms.

Hehe, I noticed them after I replied to you :)
Sorry for the messed up link, but it might be useless though if you're already familiar with that forum section =)
I'll post it here anyway: http://forums.civfanatics.com/showthread.php?t=140511

strategyonly said:
I hear ya, but i am going tone deaf, :joke: but thx if you looked at my SIG i have a fantasy Warlords MOD, thx.:p

btw, your first link says: Sorry - no matches. Please try some different terms.

Sorry (you're probably not around) but could the reason your gamefont works inadequately be the fact that your alpha channel looks nothing like an alpha channel?

Sorry (you're probably not around) but could the reason your gamefont works inadequately be the fact that your alpha channel looks nothing like an alpha channel?

Hi Kevinman4404!

Well, haven't been around for months here due to important work. :)

Yeah I know it's the Alpha channel that messes with the gamefonts,
and I've tried with Photoshop and some other prog that I've seen recommended. I've seen two different alpha images on the same gamefont file with the two different progs, but I've tried to fix them, they just don't work. Probably they've been to much messed up with, (not my area of expertise though :confused: ).

Any help would be appreciated!

ok well, using dxtbmp you can see nromally theyre white spots on a black background. Yours is black on white, and instead of being its transparency, it looks like you just drew a black and white imprint of the icon (im not sure if you follow me here). But anyways when you do the transparency preview in dxtbmp you can see that it really comes nowhere close =p

ill give alphaing a try on at least one of the icons, to see if i can get it to look nice. Its really hard to envision what areas of the icon need which transparencies.

If all goes well I'll try to help because ive been using this with my mod.

just make sure you use dxt to preview to make sure youre doing it right. Ill see how well psp works at making an alpha.

Kevin

I've been looking for a mod that offers additional resources for a while now. This won't work with BtS, will it, so is there any effort to convert this to it? (Or is there any alternative out there that will work with BtS?)

I've been looking for a mod that offers additional resources for a while now. This won't work with BtS, will it, so is there any effort to convert this to it? (Or is there any alternative out there that will work with BtS?)

Hi Moorkh!

No I'm sorry. Currently the mod isn't compatible with the latest expansion
"Beyond the Sword" other than "Warlords". I have to obtain a copy first,
and I'll try to get one as soon as possible.

Don't worry though, I'll update and convert the mod as soon as possible! :)

ok well, using dxtbmp you can see nromally theyre white spots on a black background. Yours is black on white, and instead of being its transparency, it looks like you just drew a black and white imprint of the icon (im not sure if you follow me here). But anyways when you do the transparency preview in dxtbmp you can see that it really comes nowhere close =p

ill give alphaing a try on at least one of the icons, to see if i can get it to look nice. Its really hard to envision what areas of the icon need which transparencies.

If all goes well I'll try to help because ive been using this with my mod.

just make sure you use dxt to preview to make sure youre doing it right. Ill see how well psp works at making an alpha.

Kevin

Hi kevinman4404!

I'll look into it as soon as I can! Thank you for your help,
it is highly appreciated! :)

There are graphical interface errors that derive from the .tga files wich I can't fix, and I grew weary of it so I gave up on them, for now.

This is fix for you just download my copy of your ResMod v0.75 look at how I change your CIV4ArtDefines_Bonus and CIV4BonusInfos files the order of your bonus has to be the same as your .tga files

http://hosted.filefront.com/roamty/

This isnt compatible? I've been using it successfully so far, the xmls are schema-ed like the warlords ones and I can place and use them fine.

Still, I havent gotten to trading the resources yet, and the icons dont appear int eh city screen because ive moved them to a gameftont file with a white on black alpha. Either I didnt have the tech to trade the resources or the scenario didnt allow it. But once alpha channel works it should be fine.

(hopefully)

The .rar archive seems to destroy Font files's alpha...

ya zip or something would be worth a try, but i think creative mind was having trouble making htem too

and i havent noticed anything unordinary errors wise, what are the graphical interface errors supposed to do to it?

and im [trying] to make bison and seal resources, I'll add them if a working mod can be achieved

This isnt compatible? I've been using it successfully so far, the xmls are schema-ed like the warlords ones and I can place and use them fine.

Still, I havent gotten to trading the resources yet, and the icons dont appear int eh city screen because ive moved them to a gameftont file with a white on black alpha. Either I didnt have the tech to trade the resources or the scenario didnt allow it. But once alpha channel works it should be fine.

(hopefully)

Well, It is hard for me to tell since I don't have a copy of the expansion yet, so I presumed that the new expansion would perhaps alter the game files further as when the developers made a lot of changes along with the "Warlords" expansion. But I only assumed that they would, not that I did know for sure.

Thanks for the info! :)

Top Bottom