Modders Guide to Beyond the Sword

Request: Can someone post a quick and dirty guide to editing scenarios in XML? Like the basic stuff of porting a map from one mod for use with another mod? And other stuff that's easier to NOT do in .wbs?

My thanks, but I still don't understand. What if I want my submarine in the custom game to have the same attributes as the submarine in the WWII scenario (i.e., target choice)? I just couldn't follow (sorry) how to mod the submarine. Guess I'm just a bonehead.

And, it would be nice to bring back the lethality of aircraft and siege machines. Prohibiting further attacks after the defender reaches 50% is not reality. Love to be able to play around with these units as well.

The modder can create as many different unit art types as they want. Its up to you if you want to create cultural groups and have several civs use that definition. Or if you want to create a different unit art type per civ.

I have a question here as well. I play the Canada mod but the UnitArtStyleTypeInfos.xml doesn't seem to change anything. Same with the Pirate Civ. Everything looks right but units don't seem to change in game.

Top Bottom