Modding for DLC

CharlotteHolmes

Chieftain
Hello everyone,

My wife and I have been modding the base game for a few weeks now, messing around with various things like custom units, buildings ect, it's been great fun.
Just recently we've both tried to override units present in the DLC but neither of us are able to make any references to anything in the DLC without a failure to load the mod.
This also happened when we tried to override the Warrior class and didn't manage it, we've both tried using the Aztec's unit as a reference too.

We're both still very slow with code, most of my experience with code has been with C# and Python, I'm not the smartest coder out there but XML hasn't been a problem thus far.

We've both been searching the Internet to see if we need to do anything to make a mod for the DLC and neither of us can turn up any information, English isn't any of our first languages however we've both found the community at large with CIV to be very kind and welcoming.

We're a little curious if anyone knows what we need to do to use DLC material or are we just making coding errors, currently we are working on a CIV that will replace every unit in the game but only give a bonus to two of those to keep the balance in check.

Thank you everyone for your time and it's nice for us to engage with the community in place of sitting by ourselves :3

Top Bottom