Moderator Reorganization

If you split a topic and put part in OT, the moderator should include a link to the new thread. Otherwise people who don't come to OT would likely miss it.

All good points. A mod has the choice of closing the thread, or splitting the discussion off and moving it to OT. On the times we do split and move it, we should be putting a link to the new thread in the old thread. Now, this is up to the mod, and it depends on their mood, how many posts are OT, and probably how many times they've recently split stuff off. If you're told to take the discussion to OT, it wouldn't be unacceptable to start a new thread there.

It's not about whether or not the discussion is a healthy and positive one, it's about whether or not the discussion is about the topic of a thread. If it doesn't have anything to do with Civ, then it doesn't have anything to do with the topic. I personally hate to see people drowning a thread about Civ with OT posts, when there is a perfectly usable and accessible OT forum waiting readily for new posters and all topics of conversation.

Spam is at this point relative.
e.g. you can't discuss the sense of a feature without discussing the background of the feature, that doesn't work.

I would certainly agree that splitting a thread and moving the OT section to OT is more advantageous in a lot of cases than simply closing a thread

You are sure right, but this also depends on the discussion.
e.g. i would not cut out any Hitler discussion. We had tons of them, and it will only end in a fight -> it's not worth it.
Additionally it would need some clustered posts, with which the new thread could have a good start, and this is also not the case for many OT discussions.

I like the level of moderation. It keeps CIV discussions, well, civilized. The one thing that has been bugging me in recent months has been two members, who shall remain unnamed, who for quite a while were posting heavily and hijacking every thread they entered to continue the same argument. Although the original thread topic was of interest, I would have enjoyed reading and contributing to, once these guys started up, I avoided those threads. When I inadvertently opened one of those after time had passed, pretty much all that was there was these two arguing. Obviously, most others had the same reaction as I had. I think that this sort of thing should lead to a moderator warning to such people.

I think that this sort of thing should lead to a moderator warning to such people.
Keep in mind that spam - posts not related to the thread topic - is something that you can report. Moderators don't have time to read every single post in their assigned area. Often the only way we know about troublesome posts is when they are reported to us.

This forum already has the heaviest moderation i've seen. Seems very unnecessary, but then again I don't care.

In the time I've been posting here, I've seen perhaps three or four instances of moderator action. Other forums I frequent have far more moderator action than this one does.

In the time I've been posting here, I've seen perhaps three or four instances of moderator action. Other forums I frequent have far more moderator action than this one does.

The is due to the civilized C3C conquest players, where you are roaming. As I learned, the off topic area is a war zone. :)

So are the areas that were filled with Civ4noobs and the ones now filled with Civ5noobs.

Moderator Action: So now back to the topic of this thread - moderator reorganization.

For those who don't understand the purpose of a post like this: it's a general warning. Infractions for spam will be issued to those who don't heed the warning. ;)

:coffee:

Top Bottom