Modern Age mod preview

So with the helicopters seeing invisible, any invisible unit that comes within the usual radious becomes visible?

It's not really relevant but detect invisible works with reacon missions too but in a rediculously limited way. It only detects invisible units on the one tile you clicked on I believe.

Sounds like quite a fun mod. How is it that the UN with such a vast number of cities doesn't overrun everyone else?

Was going to point out the thing about North and South Korea's populations, too. I think the South has around 50 million and the North only 20 something.

So with the helicopters seeing invisible, any invisible unit that comes within the usual radious becomes visible?
Yes. Subs are the only invisible though. Partly for that reason but also I tried making the Special Forces (land infantry) invisible but the AI likes the trait to much and built too many, ignoring more important builds.

It's not really relevant but detect invisible works with reacon missions too but in a rediculously limited way. It only detects invisible units on the one tile you clicked on I believe.
Didn't know that. You could use that for long range recon in addition to the innate recon provided by imagined short-range, routine scouting.

Sounds like quite a fun mod. How is it that the UN with such a vast number of cities doesn't overrun everyone else?
You know if you wanted to, terrain could produce zero shields and the only production would come from a single shield being produced by the city center. :D So it's easy to make them weak or strong, but getting them to a happy medium is the hard part.

Was going to point out the thing about North and South Korea's populations, too. I think the South has around 50 million and the North only 20 something.
You're right about that. My very first method for figuring out production was based on GDP which has the USA way too powerful and other big problems. Gradually the system got more and more based around game play, with only a slight nod to GDP. So now South Korea does outproduce North Korea, but it's not by much.

In other news...the mod has been done for 3 days now uploaded and everything, but I've actually been playing Civ 5 a lot the past couple of days. :shake:

Top Bottom