Modified Fighter Bombers

It's a very good pack Xeno... they're already in the current Wolfshanze Mod! :goodjob:

Perhaps as a point of clarification, I might add the following:

This pack includes fixed NIFs for all the single-engined light bombers of various nations... previously released models on the forum that all used the original "fighter" animation... meaning when they "bombed" targets (Strike Mission), they would only strafe with MGs... Xeno modified all of these light bombers that used the fighter animation to use the TBF Avenger animation so that all the light bombers now actually drop a bomb on their target instead of strafing with MGs. An excellent thing for a light bomber to do!

The altered light bombers include:
American SBD Dauntless
Dutch Fokker G1 (uses Mosquito animation)
English Gladiator
German Ju-87 Stuka
German Fi-167
Italian Breda Ba65
Japanese B5N Kate
Japanese D3A1 Val
Polish Pzl P23 Karas
Russian IL2 Shturmovik
Swedish SAAB B17 (B5N Kate)

The file here just contains the NIFs... you'll need to use the TBF Avenger animation (and/or Mosquito animation) and the DDS files from the original owner's downloads.

can someone point me to the avenger animation?

my browser seems to be taking forever in the search option.

Very good pack! Thank you very much Xeno.

I was thinking if it is possible to adapt this animation files replacing the bombs the fighters drops for torpedos, to use in torpedo-bombers. It must be easy to be done, isn't it?

Very good pack! Thank you very much Xeno.

I was thinking if it is possible to adapt this animation files replacing the bombs the fighters drops for torpedos, to use in torpedo-bombers. It must be easy to be done, isn't it?
Heh, if I really had a clue as to what was going on it might be. I just opened the files in Scene Viewer and moved the parts from one model tree to the other. Mixing and matching animations is a bit beyond me.

can someone point me to the avenger animation?

my browser seems to be taking forever in the search option.
Sure thing... the TBF Avenger Animation can be found... well... with the TBF Avenger model by ArdRaeiss!

I'll see about linking the other models to the original threads to cut-down on time if folks don't already have the models.

thanks Wolfshanze...
No problem... I updated my previous post to include links to all the original models in case anyone wants them and/or needs them but doesn't know where they are.

Just got around to giving some of these a try. At least for the Fokker G.1, the propellers do not appear to be spinning.

Just got around to giving some of these a try. At least for the Fokker G.1, the propellers do not appear to be spinning.
You probably missed the part that said use the Mosquito animations on the Fokker G1... the others use the Avenger.

You probably missed the part that said use the Mosquito animations on the Fokker G1... the others use the Avenger.

Nope, but I just found a typo in my kfm path (had missed that when I checked it before, dang).

OK, so now they rotate, they definitely are not centered correctly though ;)

EDIT: actually from the looks of it, their center appears to be rotating itself, sometime during its circle it does overlap with the center of the engine but at other times the center of the propeller is way off.

When approx. at the top-left 'corner' of its circle, the left (in screen that is) propeller is at the correct position relative to the engine.

OK, so now they rotate, they definitely are not centered correctly though ;)
It's a never-ending battle... you should see the wars I fight for properly centered ships (which to me is very important... especially with shadows!).

I noticed this problem with the G.1 a while ago and fixed it, I just forgot to update it. I'll update the main download as well.

Are you sure this is the right nif file ? I still have the same problem with it.

Thanks, this one fixed the issue. Makes one wonder why you even kept the old version in the first place ;)

Top Bottom