ModModding Guide to Wildmana

32 bits would be enough for me. Is that 1 or 2 integers? If two, call them UNIQUE_FEATURE_MEMORY_1 and _2. These would keep track of special items gotten from UFs or other UF-related events or quests.

Edit: I could use 4 more integers for another project I'm working on. Call these ARTIFACT_1 through _4. (Won't give away too much, but two of the artifacts are a Golden Feather and a Coin of Mammos.)

It would sure be nice if these Feats or "memory" variables could be created by XML.

While I'm putting in requests, it would be nice if perTurn python scripts could be added modularly. I figured out that I can do this by adding a new trait to the barbs with a python call, but this is kind of inelegant.

I have added now 4 Feats
FEAT_ARTIFACT_1
FEAT_ARTIFACT_2
FEAT_ARTIFACT_3
FEAT_ARTIFACT_4
I have also created Memory for the Unique Features, one int per feature, you will be able to access it via
CyGame().getImprovementMemory(iImprovement)
and
CyGame().setImprovementMemory(iImprovement, iNewValue)

Nice idea to give Barbarian Player a PyPerTurn trait. The tag was created to allow more modular python

Next version of RifE has actual modular python; As in, the game can load python files from within a module's folder. A few hardcoded aspects (Must be in MODULENAME/python, spell python must be prefaced by spell_), but those are quite easy to live with. Particularly when it allows numerous modules to cooperate, without needing their python to be merged.

The system was designed by ArcticNightWolf, works very well. ;)

Hi,

just starting to have a look around at the files/code behind the mod as I would like to start having a play at tweaking some parts. I notice that there is a Modules folder under Assets. In the Modules folder are the LoadOrderVitalModules and NormalModules folders.

Does anyone have a link to explain how Modules work, need to be referenced and used within a Civ4 mod as I haven't been able to find any other sources.

Ok as a follow on to my previous question.

How does the CIV4ModularLoadingControlsScheme and MLF_CIV4ModularLoadingControls work?

Some seem to call subfolders, but others don't seem to call anything at all?

Is there a requirement to follow the naming convention where the folder name is Animals and then the start of each file in that folder is ANIMALS_?

if you want to create your own modular mod you just make a new directory in the normal modules folder. in order for it to work you just have to name the files X_CIV4Y.xml
where
X is the name of your mod (you can choose any name you like as long as it is not already taken) and
Y is the file you like to change
for example in X_CIV4PromotionInfos.xml you can write new promotions.
beware however that you also need the corresponding schema in the same folder and link that schema within the xml that you like to change. In this case you need X_CIV4UnitSchema.xml and in the first few lines of X_CIV4PromotionInfos.xml this schema has to be linked. You can easily see how it is done by looking at existing files.

Once you created such a file it will work.

there some tutorials already for this, for example here:
http://forums.civfanatics.com/showthread.php?t=234970&highlight=modular

Azga, as others say, just follow instructions on first page. You can safely ignore CIV4ModularLoadingControlsScheme and MLF_CIV4ModularLoadingControls unless you are doing something really weird. I built a pretty big modular modmod without knowing what these are.

Selphi, the nagging problem with pink squares continues. All of the buttons you provided for me in post #113 have this problem, even Yggsdrasil. I've gotten at least one confirmation that others see it also in my Keepers mod.

Thanks for the feedback, I will get stuck into the reading and then has another go at making a modmod

Is there any way to make a promotion require a particular technology OR another promotion as a prerequisite?

What I would like to do is allow a unit which has Guerilla I and the Cliff Walker promotion be eligible to receive Guerilla II even if the Civ in question can't reach Arete.

I would also like a unit with the Green Warden promotion to be able to get Woodsman II even if the civ in question doesn't have the Hidden Paths tech.

This is kind of a cool way to enhance the role-playing idea of particular units born with certain abilities that they can continue to grow. I like the idea of Cliff Walker and Green Warden already (and the other random promotions), I would just like to give a bit of extra "growth path" for them to mean something more.

Thanks!

EDIT: This would also be a way to allow agnostic civs/eaders to at least have a few units capable of getting Guerilla II and Woodsman II.

Selphi, the nagging problem with pink squares continues. All of the buttons you provided for me in post #113 have this problem, even Yggsdrasil. I've gotten at least one confirmation that others see it also in my Keepers mod.

I will take a look at it.

Is there any way to make a promotion require a particular technology OR another promotion as a prerequisite?

What I would like to do is allow a unit which has Guerilla I and the Cliff Walker promotion be eligible to receive Guerilla II even if the Civ in question can't reach Arete.

I would also like a unit with the Green Warden promotion to be able to get Woodsman II even if the civ in question doesn't have the Hidden Paths tech.

This is kind of a cool way to enhance the role-playing idea of particular units born with certain abilities that they can continue to grow. I like the idea of Cliff Walker and Green Warden already (and the other random promotions), I would just like to give a bit of extra "growth path" for them to mean something more.

Thanks!

EDIT: This would also be a way to allow agnostic civs/eaders to at least have a few units capable of getting Guerilla II and Woodsman II.

what you can do is to create another Promotion that has guerilla I and cliff walker as prereqs and then set both guerilla II and the new promotion to block each other using the PromotionExcludes tag.

yes make a copy of the Guerilla II promotion, change its coding name and alter the prequesites to your tastes and add igraphicalonly 1 tag and the Promotionexcludes tag.

this way you will only see one promotion in the pedia, reducing clutter and you have the effect you desire.

Hi there ^^ have been lurking about here for quite a few months, so I guess I should first say that I really approve of all the work you're doing for our enjoyment :)

My mod-modding question is: How does one access the new leaders? I had a few edits in mind (Controlling doesn't do enough for my taste, I can't quite stomach the idea of a good calabim leader, minor stuff like that) and wanted to experiment, but I can't seem to find the traits of the non-FfH leaders in the XML where all the others are.

@kiebitzer:
traits can be modified or added in the: CIV4TraitInfos.xml
new leaders can be modified or added in the: CIV4LeaderHeadInfos.xml

Some Leaders are in their respective module instead of the folder sephi linked you to.
for calabim leaders you may try out: modules\normalmodules\ffhplus\civs\calabim

Would anyone know the old code for restricting basium until hyborem comes?

I belive it's python.. but I wouldn't know how to start this code..

I always found this un-flavorful.

Thank you in advance to anyone that helps.

In case anyone was wondering why I keep asking about Faerie this and Faerie that, I'm in the process of giving them a pretty big overhaul in the balance and lore department.

I was wondering though if there are any current changes in the works for them other than the yield change fix listed in the 9.0 change log.

I've written a few pages of lore for them and have about two pages of notes on my plans for balance. If there's any interest at all in this I'll start up a dedicated thread for it.

I'd love to. I even have plans/ideas. Unfortunately, I have no idea what that would involve.

Top Bottom