[BNW] Mods not working

Jimmbo6

Chieftain
Hi guys
I hope you can help me out here. I really love Civ5 so I decided to try some mods. But I get get a single mod to work.

I have tried subscribing on a mod on steamworkshop. Then went to mods in CIV5 and enabled it. After that I tried starting a new game, but the mod did not show up.
I also tried installing the mod manually. And I furthermore tried deleting Civ5ModsDatabase in cache.

So fare I have tried with now civilsations, ingame editor and maps. Non of it works.

So do any of you have an ideer what I can do next?

Most likely, after enabling the mods, you backed out of the Mods menu, returned to the main menu and started a game from there. That disables the very mods you tried to enable.

In Civ V, you go to the mods menu, enable the mods you want, and then proceed forward (clicking on Single Player -- it looks like a title, but it is a clickable link). That actually enables your mods and then you start a new game from there. You will do the same thing when you want to load a saved game that uses the same mods -- if you try to load a modded save game directly from the main menu, invariably some mods will not load, leading to all sorts of havoc.

Most likely, after enabling the mods, you backed out of the Mods menu, returned to the main menu and started a game from there. That disables the very mods you tried to enable.

In Civ V, you go to the mods menu, enable the mods you want, and then proceed forward (clicking on Single Player -- it looks like a title, but it is a clickable link). That actually enables your mods and then you start a new game from there. You will do the same thing when you want to load a saved game that uses the same mods -- if you try to load a modded save game directly from the main menu, invariably some mods will not load, leading to all sorts of havoc.
You where right. It worked! Thank you so much!

But does that mean that I have to go through mods every time I want to play a game with mods? And do I have do disable all non-multiplayer mods to play them with my friends?

Yes to the first, and no to the second. In fact, if you want to play a non-modded game, just go to the main menu and start from there -- no need to go to the Mods menu to disable mods.

Top Bottom