Mods: Why no graphical replacements or custom improvement mods?

ossmobilus

Chieftain
Maybe I am ill informed, bu I remember how Civ 4 had lots of mods changing how vanila improvements looked, as well as lots of custom improvements. How come Civ 5 does not have this capability? There seems to be no graphical alterations of any kind available... Luckily I generally find the graphical design of Civ 5 pleasing, with a few exceptions, namely road networks and forts.

Forts are hideously out of character, and way too big. Where are the medieval tower replacements?

Roads have never been Firaxis strong suit, I just wish they'd made them more straight forward and less loopy. Looks very hastily put together imo.

This sounds like a question that might be answerable in the Creation & Customization forum.

Moderator Action: Moved to C&C.

I'd like to second this question. I've found one mod that changes the textures of roads & rails, but I'm very surprised no one has created a mod to get rid of the silly loops & breaks in Civ 5's roads. I wouldn't mind if they remained a bit wavy, but they're way too loopy for my taste. I hope this is moddable... in fact I've just started doing some digging to find out if it can be modded (hence what brought me to this thread). If I can figure out how to do it, I might just give it a try. I'll keep you posted here in this thread with what I find.

Well personally I cannot imagine how it is possible to solve Silly Loops (seems to be nightmarish fighting with game graphic engine and maybe even DLL :d) but I am awful at graphics so I can be incorrect :D

Up until some time last year, there was the farm crash bug. Any mod utilizing the reload landmark option to import new art could cause the game to crash when a farm was replaced with another improvement. While the bug no longer exists, this greatly ******ed the development of custom artwork. I really need to get to work on making the cabbage resource.

I'd like to second this question. I've found one mod that changes the textures of roads & rails, but I'm very surprised no one has created a mod to get rid of the silly loops & breaks in Civ 5's roads. I wouldn't mind if they remained a bit wavy, but they're way too loopy for my taste. I hope this is moddable... in fact I've just started doing some digging to find out if it can be modded (hence what brought me to this thread). If I can figure out how to do it, I might just give it a try. I'll keep you posted here in this thread with what I find.

you may have o mod the graphics in blender. it looks like roads are gr2 files

Top Bottom