More Civilisations

@Tarcisio: how is that a different case? It was as involved in Germany as Prussia, for the most part...
(And there's snothing Prussian other than Bismarck is the vanila German design...)
Because Prussia was the one to form Germany, and their Prussian kings ruled as emperors of Germany, and thus Prussia dominated the other German states? And Austria was always an separate entity, coexisting with the other German states, and being a power and empire of its own?

Why? Americans were all ethnically diverse with radically different cultures and faiths. Polynesians were certaintly diverse, but their common ancestor had left the Polynesian homeland long after the proto-Americans had left Asia. 'Polynesian' is an ethno-linguistic group, accepted by most anthropologists - 'Native American' is not.

I think it's a valid comparison. Fine you don't say "Native American" but you can easily say "Algonquian" and cover a huge geographic area and vastly different Indigenous peoples. There's no reason at all for the Polynesian civs to be lumped together.

Ok so Germany was a bad example. But I think it should be the name the decides when to group it together. Using the Arabian/Omani example, The game considers the two to be separate entities.
Saif isn't an alternate Arabian leader, which is what the mod is all about, neither is Frederick one for Germany within the game context.

But IIRC JFD is planning to include The Turks under the Ottomans, so the civ name isn't always the same. Plus if you had something like an Arab Split you'd probably have all the leaders under "Arabia," even though their civ names would be Abbasids, Rashiduns, Umayyads etc

Because Prussia was the one to form Germany, and their Prussian kings ruled as emperors of Germany, and thus Prussia dominated the other German states? And Austria was always an separate entity, coexisting with the other German states, and being a power and empire of its own?

Charles V? Charles V. Also it wasn't Prussia, it was Bismarck, they were lucky to have him. Guy was brilliant.

Charles V? Charles V. Also it wasn't Prussia, it was Bismarck, they were lucky to have him. Guy was brilliant.

You do know Bismarck was the Chancellor of Prussia right? It wasn't like Bismarck united all of Germany by himself. Also, it wasn't like he was a German nationalist either. He only supported uniting Germany to prevent Liberals from gaining control in the Prussian government. That's also the same reason he created social security. The guy was brilliant and pragmatic, but he was a Prussian Junker, Conservative, and Chancellor. The Prussian kings became German emperors and they weren't subject to Bismarck. Wilhelm II fired Bismarck because he was a hot headed, arrogant, youngster who thought he didn't need any advice on how to rule. Prussia, led by Bismarck, united Germany and therefore should be grouped together with Germany.

Again, this is Alt Leaders. Grouping several civs together because of geographic location does not fit the bill sadly. Byzantine Leaders are not alt leaders of Rome. They are not alt leaders for the Ottomans. But then we enter the tricky area of "Are the Turks an alt leader for the Ottomans?" I think it's up to the mod creators to decided that. Personally, if it's a situation of Denmark-Norway, that should be counted separately. The UK however...

Alternatively, what could be done is that Civs that evolve into a greater collective could all share that same option in their alt leaders screen. For example, Scotland could consist of Robert the Bruce, James VI, and then Victoria, George V, and Churchill. Alongside that, England contains Henry III, Elizabeth, Victoria, George V, and Churchill as well.

Because in a civ the leader is usually only so of one distinct polity (i.e. Vicky of Great Britain, and not also of India, and not also inclusive of Scotland), I'll be grouping them based upon that, and I'll privilege successor states together. Although, tbh, I think I should've made Great Britain the group and included England within it, to match more closely the German, Russian, and French cases. This is what I'll probably update later.

*Civilization, American English FTW
Austria is also part of the greater German civilization. Yet the game creators chose to make it separate. Would you have Maria Theresa as an alternate leader of Germany? I won't...
Some civs are just way to large(Germany, Russia) but some are smaller. And you can't possibly have Kamehamaha and the Maori leader as alt. Leaders of Polynesia, because their cultures were pretty differet by the time they ruled, more different then, say, 1000 years earlier. And can you have Cyrus and Khomeini as alternate leaders of Persia, despite the massive differences between their regimes? I don't think so.

Just my thoughts.

Check your Privilegium Mauis, Natan :D

Charles V in my mod is leader of the HRE, and his other million domains are notwithstanding.

Bismarck was Minister President of Prussia. So yes, it was Prussia.

Check your Privilegium Mauis, Natan :D

Charles V in my mod is leader of the HRE, and his other million domains are notwithstanding.

Bismarck was Minister President of Prussia. So yes, it was Prussia.

(My :mischief:)Point was Prussia would haven't united Germany without Bismarck.
Also, stop asking silly questions. I just made a design for Bismarck after 1+ hour of reading, I know who he is... :p

I'm actually kinda fat though... Should've spent my time on exercising, considering the response... :p

(My :mischief:)Point was Prussia would haven't united Germany without Bismarck.
Also, stop asking silly questions. I just made a design for Bismarck after 1+ hour of reading, I know who he is... :p

What does the fact that Bismarck is the one who united Germany have anything to do with... anything? Gandhi was instrumental in the creation of India, and Washington was the guy who kick started America.. but why does that matter?

Because, it wouldn't happen without him. In other words, there's no Germany without Bismarck.
(Don't kill me for talking nonsense k)

Pouakai, my brother was playing a game as Narmer and ran into a curious "feature" -- when he completed a Funerary artifact, he tried clicking on the notification and got a Wonder splash screen labelled "Mastaba Dummy" and with the Stonehenge art. I assume this is a feature of the Wonder notification that opens up a copy of the splash screen, but appears to cause some issues when using dummy Wonders for the notification.

I'm guessing the easiest solution would be to change the name of the Mastaba Dummy building and add some kind of a wonder splash image for the notification...

Top Bottom