More Civilisations

Who decided on using of Temple of Damnation as Ashoka's war theme? Haha, I recognized it immediately but had to go through the entire Vol. 1 album to figure out which track it was specifically.

I was thinking, since you're working on a Greece Pack, is it going to include modern Greece as well?
Because I have an idea for it:

Spoiler :

Greece
Leader: Theodoros Kolokotronis
UA: Megali Hellas: Increased Warship Combat in friendly territory. +50% Combat against Occupied Coastal cities (absolutely no idea if this is doable at all.)
UU: Klepht: Recuperates more hit points after plundering and gains extra gold from captured caravans than the Rifleman, which it replaces.
UB: Olympic Stadium: +1 Tourism, aside from normal Stadium Bonuses

It's, well... just a thought experiment.

Really? 30 on standard? Can the unit be used during that time?
Yes, the actual hunting takes only one turn, but it takes 30 turns for the resource to reappear. Hence it's wiser to herd only from outside your territory; though you may wish to herd inside as well when rushing a wonder.

Okay, so just another quick update. I've got a couple weeks off uni at the moment, so current priority is updating existing civs, primarily to add music, DoM audio and TSL values. Some civs will have a few more changes - Tibet needs another couple coats of polish, and some civs are in need of an artistic update, which leads me to this:

After the updates to the existing civs we'll get back into new civs, with the first ones I'm working on hopefully out before the end of the month (but no guarantees.) So far, the Nazca and Mexico have been updated, and I'll try to get the Ayyubids out today

Can you update us on the various thing you've changed so that we can bathe in their awesomeness?

I like the high quality of your civs and how you always put a lot of attention to detail into them (including voiceovers).

I would love to see your take on the Kushan Empire sometime in the future (maybe in a Silk Road Civ pack similar to the India pack? ;) ). The Kushans were the middlemen between China and the Roman Empire during the first Silk Road era, and they were crucial in spreading ideas and religions between China, India, and the Western world - including the spread of Buddhism from India into China. I really miss the Silk Road civs in the game, because even though they is very little known about them, they were actually quite influential in world history.

I like the high quality of your civs and how you always put a lot of attention to detail into them (including voiceovers).

I would love to see your take on the Kushan Empire sometime in the future (maybe in a Silk Road Civ pack similar to the India pack? ;) ). The Kushans were the middlemen between China and the Roman Empire during the first Silk Road era, and they were crucial in spreading ideas and religions between China, India, and the Western world - including the spread of Buddhism from India into China. I really miss the Silk Road civs in the game, because even though they is very little known about them, they were actually quite influential in world history.

While it's not quite the Kushans, though they would make a really interesting Civ themselves, the esteemed TPangolin is making a blobbed Afghanistan as part of Colonialist Legacies. Hopefully that'll serve at least part of your purpose. =]

Slight error with the Nazca, their art style was set to a type that doesn't exist so their cities defaulted to European.

Also, the Ayyubid city of Baza'a is bugged giving me a TXT_KEY error as a city name.

This is amazing! Any plans for Indonesia?
Indonesia is already at Brave New World with Gajahmada as Majapahit Empire, yes, but there's so many more about Indonesia ;)

For example, a post-Majapahit Islamic Javanese civilization. Syncretism plays major role here shaping interesting version of Islam, as though the state religion is now Islamic, there are still Hindu-Buddhist-Animist culture incorporated.

Spoiler :
Javanese civilization (Mataram Sultanates, etc. Islamic period of Indonesia)

An Indonesia split would be pretty neat. Majapahit, Srivajaya, Kingdom of Java, Kingdom of Sunda, Brunei, the modern country Indonesia - there's so many historically (and present-day) significant culture and empires in the archipelago, much as with India, that a civ split would help better represent its history and all the cultures that make up the modern-day country (much as with what you set out to accomplish with the India Split).

An Indonesia split would be pretty neat. Majapahit, Srivajaya, Kingdom of Java, Kingdom of Sunda, Brunei, the modern country Indonesia - there's so many historically (and present-day) significant culture and empires in the archipelago, much as with India, that a civ split would help better represent its history and all the cultures that make up the modern-day country (much as with what you set out to accomplish with the India Split).
The problem is that we have to draw the line somewhere. Many of the civilizations can be split as it is - India into Maurya, Chola, and all that in the India split. Germany could be split into Prussia, Saxony, Bavaria, etc. France into Burgundy, Normandy, Aquitaine, etc. Should we split every civ that we can? Arabia, Byzantium, Celts, China, England, France, Germany, Greece, India, Indonesia, Japan, Morocco, Persia... at some point it gets a little excessive. Especially when all of them get split into 5 civs.

Not trying to shoot down the idea - go right ahead splitting Indonesia up if you want - but at some point it just creates too many civs. And personally it doesn't make sense to split them anyway unless it's for a civ-specific scenario.

Top Bottom