more UBs please

Jewman

Prince
anyone else have a problem playing with a civ with 2 UUs? if i get it on random ill play it like any other game on but when im selecting a civ i never ever go for one with 2 UUs. I think that buildings are more versatile and overall more interesting.
the unique improvements like terrace was useful and a cool idea but the maoi statue is way too specialized of a "polynesian culture" strategy. i think sticking to the basics of one UU and one UB makes the best civs. personally i would love 2 UBs, but admittedly that would be way too much of an advantage for anyone...

now that i think about it, it could be like a reverse mongols. 2 UBs, and a UA that makes their army unique like the mounted plus 1 :c5moves: the mongols have. i dont know.

just in general i prefer one good UB, than several good UUs. even if im warmongering.

the aztec floating gardens, completely make that civ. without them, the aztecs would be mediocre at best, instead theyre one of the best in my opinion. Also China, although they can be powerful because of their UA and their UU, their UB generally defines them and its nice because in both these scenarios (aztecs and china) they also reflect history a lot more than UAs usually do.

I agree with you, for the most part. The exceptions are the Mongols, France and maybe Greece and Rome. But England, American, Japan, and Germany all have 1 UU that leaves much to be desired. The Ottomans UUs are both awesome, but their window of opportunity is too small and their UA is pathetic.

The buildings do seem far more versatile. I like them much more, because they are usable from whenever you build them right through to the end of the game. Some promotions and benefits carry through from UUs, but it hasn't got the same endurance. I guess it's a matter of balancing the entire unique set, rather than 1st slot UU v 1st slot UU and 2nd slot UB v 2nd slot UU.

more ub's, more uu's, more uf's and more ua's please...

hopefully, eventually, whether via DLC, patches or an XP, every civ will end up with 4 or more uniques

Rome is the only civ with 2 uu's I really like playing, and that's mostly because their cities are pretty.

Rome is the only civ with 2 uu's I really like playing, and that's mostly because their cities are pretty.

Not true at all, both Japan and England have two UU's as well.

Edit: Greece, Germany, France and the Ottomans are included in that boat as well.

Edit 2: Haha never mind, read your post wrong. :crazyeye:

That is true, but they are not civilizations I personally enjoy playing as.

In fact, outside of the Ottomans, Mongolia and Japan, I think lacking a UB/UI is entirely limited to the European civilizations, and on the contrary, Russia is the only European civ that has a UB.

(Counting Russia and the US as European civs)

Definitely wouldn't mind a "builder" civ, that has 2 UB and no UU. I'm sure we can find some nation that's not known especially for its wars in its past, but its culture?

Definitely wouldn't mind a "builder" civ, that has 2 UB and no UU. I'm sure we can find some nation that's not known especially for its wars in its past, but its culture?

I thought of Maya having two UBs.

That is true, but they are not civilizations I personally enjoy playing as.

In fact, outside of the Ottomans, Mongolia and Japan, I think lacking a UB/UI is entirely limited to the European civilizations, and on the contrary, Russia is the only European civ that has a UB.

(Counting Russia and the US as European civs)

I honestly feel like this is a major problem, at least the *fun* factor. I know a lot of people, such as myself, enjoy playing European civs. Personally, I enjoy the Ottomans, their lack of building (or anything economical, their Unique Ability is a great way to have an overly high upkeep) really stops me from playing or enjoying a lot of games.

I feel like I have to play so many civs as domination, and on high difficulties, it's so easy to miss those windows of opportunity.

I'm hoping the expansion adds one more UB for all civs with two UU and an additional UU for those already with one UB.

I thought of Maya having two UBs.

I could see that. I'd also suggest the Dutch as a possibility for two buildings or one building and one improvement.

I really like UI because they make a civs lands actually look different. UBs are way more powerful though, I agree 100%

Top Bottom